Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new here, was summoned by my girlfriend, and rather than spending time thinking of what to write, I saw a sticky for newbies. So here goes... (I hope the profanity doesn't get me banned on my first post).

Personal ~

* Name - What do you preferred to be called?
David

- Any nicknames?
No

* Male/Female/Trans?
Male

Location - Where were you originally born? Where do you live today?
Sheffield, UK

Any interesting story behind that?
I'm sure my dad has one ;)

- If you could get up and go anywhere in the world at the present moment, where would you go and why?
Maybe the kitchen, I started making a cup of tea 10 minutes ago.

Age - How old are you? Do you think you act your age? If not, explain which age you think you resemble most. Do it for the laughs.
22, I'm not sure I act my age. My girlfriend (watching me type this) says I act about 45/50. Apparently I said that.
Also, I apparently look 3/4 years older at all times. (i.e. when I was 13, I looked 16/17)

Personal(ity) ~

* What is your Myers-Briggs personality type and for how long have you been reading on personality theory?
I'm (most likely) an ENTP, at least that's what 66.6·% of the tests said (the 33.3·% was INTP). However, reading up on MBTI lead me to believe that I was most likely ENTP.

* What type do you usually test as?
As above.

* What are your favorite and least favorite personality types to be around?
(My girlfriend is shouting ENFP.) Of course it's my favourite. I don't talk MBTI with anyone else, and so I don't really know much about this right now. Although (funny story), the only person to ever call me a genius was a serious introvert, and I cannot stand the fat bastard.

If you've taken any other personality tests, included but not limited to tests like the Enneargram and Big 5 (SLOAN), what were your results?
Trying to find the file right now that I could have saved the result in. I'm sure I'm something cool.
Ah, RCUEI. That's cool, right?

Occupation ~

* Employed or Unemployed?
Employed, one of those software engineer types.

What is your education? In college, tell us your major.
I dropped out of college to start my career a bit early. I don't feel college would have benefited me. I'm sure this'll come up in some forum somewhere.

What is your dream job?
One of those software engineer types.

About You ~

* Tell us in a brief paragraph or two how you would describe yourself and what you hope to get out of this forum.
I have two opposable thumbs, hair, nipples, hairy nipples (15 strands on my left, and 7 on my right). No, seriously:
I get up before 9am, I think all day, annoy people, I eat nice things for lunch, and then I annoy people a bit more in the afternoon. Sometimes, people annoy me too. In the evenings I like to relax, l cook nice things (or Phoebe does), and watch films/write music etc. Then, most important of all, I sleep.
Sounds boring, but I like it. My weekends rock. Well, my evenings are pretty awesome too. And my daytime. Huh, my life is awesome.
I have joined this forum in hope that I will learn more about myself and others, and how other people similar to me overcome certain negative personality traits etc. Other than that, I hope we have a jolly good laugh together.

Other ~

What is your favourite section at the toy-store?
Lego.

Do you collect anything?
I used to collect carrier bags (by accident), hoping I'd re-use them, but turns out I stuffed a cupboard full and eventually threw them out. I also seem to have this ability to gather shit I really don't need, like cardboard boxes, polystyrene, every single item of post that isn't S.P.A.M. (since the day I moved into my flat).

What are your phobias?
I used to be podophobic (fear of feet), but somehow I got over that. I nearly said pedophobic then (glad I looked that up). My biggest fear is making it to 30 years old and having little-to-nothing to show for it.

Describe your favourite food until you drool.
Thauthatheth. That's sausages, I just spelled it the same way as you would say it if you had your tongue stuck out whilst pronouncing it. Try it, yeah, you see.

Some of the things that you give you jollies?
- Annoying people. Specifically electrocution, well, both minor electrocutions and static shocks. I learned that the nylon carpet in my office, in conjunction with the chairs we use is brilliant at building up static. Once you lift your feet off the floor (and you are in proximity of your victim) you can zap them by putting a piece of your statically-enhanced skin near theirs. It works best if they have earphones in, the static travels between their ear and the earphone giving them a nice jolt in the ear (bonus!).
- Looking at pictures of kittens.
- Stroking kittens.
- Kitten Huf... (only joking... or am I?)

What are your top five pet peeves?
1. Bad spelling and grammar.
2. My lack of tidiness around my flat.
3. People disturbing me at work.
4. Bad (or lack of) workflow management.
5. People leaving cupboard doors open.

What would a perfect day be like for you?
Saturdays. You know you can sleep in today, and tomorrow.

Do you prefer a vegetarian or meat diet or both?
I hate vegetarians. I love meat.

Other Other ~ Yay or Nay?

God and Souls
Pfft...

The Death Penalty
Kill the bastards! Only if they are absolutely proven guilty of course. And I'm talking for rape/murder/torture etc.

Premarital Sex
Giggity

People are inherently good
Good is a word I would use lightly when describing people.

Destiny
To live. Then die. Hopefully leave a nice pile of shit for somebody else to dig through.

Done drugs
A nice cuppa in the morning, a glug on a friday... Nothing else to see here. Move along people.

Kissed in the rain
*confusedly nods*

Re-reading a good book
'The Way Things Work' by Neil Ardley (ISBN 0-395-42857-2)
This is quite possibly my favourite book of all time. I recently replaced my tattered childhood copy.

--
Cheers,
David JM Emmett

P.S. I am now drinking the cold tea. It's quite nice.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings davidjmemmett and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum davidjmemmett. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
845 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts