Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unipolar major depression, the fucking terrible condition characterized by extended episodes of low mood, apathetic responses to your environment, diminished energy, inability to ascertain feelings, poor sleep patterns, feelings of worthlessness, suicidal ideation, loss of the capacity to experience pleasure, etc...Does depression become an all encompassing burden to bear, or is it the doorway to creative insight and life fulfilling meaning?

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Unipolar major depression, the fucking terrible condition characterized by extended episodes of low mood, apathetic responses to your environment, diminished energy, inability to ascertain feelings, poor sleep patterns, feelings of worthlessness, suicidal ideation, loss of the capacity to experience pleasure, etc...Does depression become an all encompassing burden to bear, or is it the doorway to creative insight and life fulfilling meaning?

It depends, if you let consume you then it will destroy you. But I really do believe it can be an opportunity.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
It can be seen as a trap that you could stay in forever. But the cool thing is that it's possible to get out, and once out, be much stronger.

Reactions: Fluctuate

·
Registered
199 Posts
Everytime when the moodswinging tends to leave me behind with some bad, depressing moods, I decide to take off on my bicycle (for 2 hours or more) and drive to quiet places where I can sit and think quietly. This manner of ventilating my moods in more positive ways can be very rewarding and inspiring. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everytime when the moodswinging tends to leave me behind with some bad, depressing moods, I decide to take off on my bicycle (for 2 hours or more) and drive to quiet places where I can sit and think quietly. This manner of ventilating my moods in more positive ways can be very rewarding and inspiring. :)
Do you feel a certain inspiration or spark of creativity from a mood swing to the downside?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do you feel a certain inspiration or spark of creativity from a mood swing to the downside?
Sparsk of creativity, because it allows me to see the world in very different ways in just one day without losing touch with logical reasoning. The interplay between melancholia and a walk in the nature can be very charming and peaceful as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts