Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the past year ive been having some major mood swings sometimes they happen as a result of an event and sometimes they just happen for no reason. i can be walking down the street and feel amazing but by the time i get to the end of the block i feel like crying.. and im soo sensitive that if one person says something thats even remotely mean, no matter how good of a mood i was in, ill go the bathroom and cry and then stay in a bad mood :/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like me these days. It sucks doesn't it?
Basically what I've been trying to do lately is distract myself from the thoughts that go on in my head with something productive or time consuming like crafts or Research (for my thesis).

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I used to feel like i used to have my emotions under control, but in the past year or so, I've been really going on the whims of my moods. I'm happy one moment doing something i enjoy, and then the next minute someone says something, or I just think of something negative, then I get in a bad mood and do bad mood stuff. It's a cycle I've just noticed in the last couple of months. I've come to realize that in my whole life I've been making decisions by how I felt at the time. And those times really depended on whatever mood i was in. And i've done many bad decisions in my life... I wonder if it's because I've been such a moody bastard all this time?

Also, something I feel that can go in here.

I started crying on june of last year and it's sort of like I opened a faucet that keeps on leaking. Before that I hadn't cried in years, and now I can do it everyday.

And it's not like I cry because i feel sad about myself. Well, I do, but sometimes I cry 'cause I see something on the streets that really get to me. Like I see a child with disabilities, or I see someone with bad health or a paralyzed person. And I just feel bad for them, you know? Or sometimes I see a father display some sort of love or affection to their child, and for some reason that really touches me and I start to tear. Idk, a lot of things can make me tear up easily now. Even music does that..and being really happy can cause me to tear up. I don't really know what is happening to me. I'm a grown ass man, I look like I can break a rhino's neck. yet, i'm as mushy as a teenage girl.

1,636 Posts
i am often noticing my core mood tells me how im gonna handle smth
for example - i fail an exam and one day i don't give a shit and then sometimes i think the world has ended
weird shit to be honest, but then again it depends
and also about what people say...sometimes i get mad, sometimes i don't
it also depends how am i gonna react on the same thing...it's different every day

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
Isn't that a good thing? You have strong empathy. I used to be able to do that, but then I lost the way to do it and I became so dark.
I see sad news, and I cannot even relate to those incidences any more, cos I am so immune. That is pretty bad in my eyes. I think I used to let my emotions run with me and always try and avoid bad mood situations, which then steer me in a clearer direction, but then sometimes I should indeed sit out the bad mood, but instead, I cut them out too much. i.e. family. That is not good.

Hope you guys find a solution soon.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I cry very easily. I've never been ashamed of crying in public or with friends. If it makes other people uncomfortable, then I see that is their weakness, not mine. I am quite a moody person but i've learned to live with it. I can get instantly angry and fly into a bitch rage without much prodding. I feel my blood pressure go up and it hard to stop. But I can deal with it ok. I just try to remove myself from the situation and chill out. I try not to ramble on and on when I'm mad because I just end up regretting it later.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have found out that I have mercury poison in me. It disrupts the serotonin and dopamine in my brain leaving it chemically imbalance. Its sucks. It is giving me bipolar like symptoms. I can be outrageously happy in almost an irritating way, then so depressed I think of suicidal thoughts within an hour apart.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
@dancininrain: I know you started two different threads, but I'm going to reply only in this one because: 1) I'm too lazy to reply in two threads and 2) these issues might be connected to one another. ;)

i feel like i set myself up for stressful situations, i always procrastinate , like now i have a 20 page paper due in a few days and i keep phycing myself out and freaking out how i havent started and then i waste my time stressing. my stress has been causing medical issues and im getting sick of letting my mind control me, wat should i do.. besides meds!
the past year ive been having some major mood swings sometimes they happen as a result of an event and sometimes they just happen for no reason. i can be walking down the street and feel amazing but by the time i get to the end of the block i feel like crying.. and im soo sensitive that if one person says something thats even remotely mean, no matter how good of a mood i was in, ill go the bathroom and cry and then stay in a bad mood :/
Well, there are different types of stress. And their sources can vary in 'size' - major stress events (like a death of someone close to you) and minor stress events (a coworker who keeps messing up your desk every morning, a person you really don't like whom you have to 'deal' with every day for 15 minutes).

I'll be using the metaphor of the bucket that flows over. The water = stress, the bucket = your capacity to handle stress. A bucket that flows over = problems. ;)

People often think it's the major stress things that freak you out, but it's mostly the sum of all minor stress things that makes the water in the bucket flow over. It's kinda cumulative, and at some point, it just goes beyond your 'stress handling capacity'.

I don't know your sources of stress, but it sounds like you have many of these minor stress sources that you deal with on a very frequent base. Resulting in having a high level of stress every day. The bucket is filled up almost to the rim, each and every day. And every now and then, there are just a few drips that make your bucket of water just flows over.

I speculate that you may feel amazing when you're walking down the street, but you'll be thinking/feeling much or get triggered by visual stimuli that ignite your 'feel/think/remember engine'. Ne+Ne+Ne+Ne+Ne (to infinity) -> Fi overload -> Si -> Fi -> Si -> Fi -> etc.

I would give you a more practical 'solution' if I could, but I don't know much about your stress. So for now, I can only give you a general answer, which is to try and reduce the stress you get from minor sources and to prevent major stress events from happening.

Some stability and routine might help, like in case of your homework. Try to do a 'little' part of it, as example with your paper, try to write one page a day or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts