Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow INFPS, I was wondering where most of you guys fall on the DnD Morality scale. If you haven't heard of it, basically there are nine alignments.

Lawful Good, "Crusader"
A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. Lawful good characters are order oriented, and will cooperate with authority in all cases to promote the common wealth.
Lawful good combines honor and compassion.
Lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Neutral Good, "Benefactor"
A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. Neutral goods value both personal freedom and adherence to laws.
Neutral good means doing what is good without bias for or against order.
Neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Chaotic Good, "Rebel"
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.
Chaotic good combines a good heart with a free spirit.
Chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment when it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

Lawful Neutral, "Judge"
A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government.
Lawful neutral means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.
Lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

True Neutral, "Undecided"
A neutral neutral character (True Neutral) does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil-after all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way.
Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run.
True neutral means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.
Neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Chaotic Neutral, "Free Spirit"
A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random.
Chaotic neutral represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal.
Chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Lawful Evil, "Dominator"
A lawful evil character methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard for whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but is willing to serve. He is loath to break laws or promises. Some lawful evil people commit themselves to evil with a zeal like that of a crusader committed to good.
Lawful evil combines honor with a dedicated self-interest.
Lawful evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents methodical, intentional, and frequently successful evil.

Neutral Evil, "Malefactor"
A neutral evil character does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She has no love of order and holds no illusion that following laws, traditions, or codes would make her any better or more noble. On the other hand, she doesn't have the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil character has.
Neutral evil beings consider their alignment to be the best because they can advance themselves without regard for others.
Neutral evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation.

Chaotic Evil, "Destroyer"
A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal.
Chaotic evil combines self-interest and pure freedom.
Chaotic evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but also of the order on which beauty and life depend.

EDIT: Found an Alignment Test if you want to take it.

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
My friend (another INFP) told me to take this test not too long ago! I scored Neutral Good (Chaotic Good nearly tied), and she got Neutral Good as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chaotic Neutral.

I could never be Lawful anything. Good and Evil sound like to much work for an unmotivated person like me. So it's either Chaotic or True Neutral. Since I do have strong biases and desires, I figure Chaotic is the one.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I thought I was Neutral Good, but my boyfriend persuaded me into believing that I'm Chaotic Good. I have a theory that every lawful system needs some backward pressure to prevent it from becoming top-heavy and exploitative. It seems like most people tend to align in the direction of either facilitating the system (Lawful) or ignoring the system (Neutral), so I try to take the opposite stance and work within the system but intentionally throwing a carefully-aimed wrench into it when I see power abuse, with the intention of restoring balance. Soooo Chaotic it is. :)

Edit - linked alignment test says I'm Neutral Good. So I guess I'm clearly Good and somewhere in the Neutral-to-Chaotic range.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Well, I'm likely chaotic good but an argument can be made that I'm neutral good as well. I think I sit kind of in between those two alignments.

·
Registered
294 Posts
True neutral, always have been.

I'm on nobody's team but my own.

If I do decide to take sides or be 'good' or 'evil', it is an internally influenced decision, and not because someone told me to or my social environment prompted me to.

In other words: If you're looking for loyalty, look elsewhere. Unless I truly like you or owe it to you, whether I decide to help you or not largely depends on whether helping you will personally bring me satisfaction in the end.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Will never ever play a 'Good' character, I find them extremely boring personally. My favorite is Chaotic Neutral, I typically play a rogue/assassin/thief and find that the most enjoyable.
Chaotic Neutral is the best. It's the "give no f***s I do what I want" character.

Neutral good is what I test at. I'm not rebellious enough to be chaotic, but I have a healthy skepticism of anything authority-related.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Chaotic Neutral is the best. It's the "give no f***s I do what I want" character.

Neutral good is what I test at. I'm not rebellious enough to be chaotic, but I have a healthy skepticism of anything authority-related.
I've 'thought' about playing all the Neutrals but always end up saying f-it and going Chaotic Neutral lol

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm definitely Neutral Good - incredibly idealistic and moral with neither the blind obedience or resistance of law. Though when I'm not centered, I come to resemble someone who's Chaotic Neutral... or worse, I get caught up in my inferior Si and Te and become a methodical Lawful Neutral.

Oh, and do try not to make me angry. Always Chaotic Evil...

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I misread the title of the poll....I thought it said the Mortality Poll.

I guess I would be chaotic good/neutral.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
There is a test on that page, in case some people didn't realise. I got true neutral. If I'm playing an RPG, unless I'm intentionally trying to do something bad for shits and giggles, I tend to naturally end up on the good end of neutral with my decisions.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I got Chaotic Good on the test the OP linked. I've gotten Neutral Good on others. A lot depends on what sort of society I find myself in and the laws it has. I went with Chaotic Good—even though I am inclined to support an ordered society, if it has just laws that are fairly enforced, and there is liberty where it really matters—because more often than not I find myself siding with chaotic good people (and sometimes chaotic neutral).

Reactions: CloudVinci

·
Registered
17,350 Posts
I got
Your Character’s Alignment Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Good.

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

·
Banned
4,187 Posts
I'm cool :perc2:

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

·
Registered
345 Posts
Did the test & got chaotic neutral, just as I expected.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts