• Neutral Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 1.0%
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16,835 Posts
I think I got Lawful Neutral (2), Neutral Good (1) and Lawful Good Human Paladin/Sorcerer (4th/4th Level).

Originally Posted by Sily
There is a recent thread here in this forum about D&D and I tested Lawful Neutral.

I took this test and came up just about the same.

Interesting test, loved it!

Lawful Good Human Paladin/Sorcerer (4th/4th Level)

Long test results inside:

You are 10.3% Lawful.
Alignment: Neutral Good

You do the best good that a person could be expected to do. You are devoted to helping others. You are willing to work with authority figures, but you do not feel any particular allegiance to them.
You are the stereotypical “Benefactor.” You believe in doing good without any particular bias for or against order.
Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, O-Bi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, and the Dalai Lama.

here

Your Character’s Alignment
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Neutral.

Lawful Neutral
A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.
--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6
Keep in mind the alignment suggested by the quiz is just that: a suggestion. It describes your character no better than a 36-question test would describe you. But it’s a good way to start thinking about how your character acts when confronted with issues of alignment.
Now that your character has taken the test, make a note of which questions scored in the opposite direction from your overall alignment. These exceptions can tell some interesting tales about your character Are you a good character with a greedy streak? Are you a lawful character who can’t stand the village elders? Don’t just roleplay your alignment -- roleplay your alignment exceptions, too. Few characters perfectly embody their alignment choice.
Try the test again
Click this bar to view the original image of 590x9px.
Changing Alignment
From time to time (say every three to five levels), it might be a good idea to retake this alignment test to see whether your character is experiencing "alignment drift." Perhaps you intended him to walk the straight and narrow, but (having fallen in with bad company), he’s becoming increasingly comfortable with behavior that would make his mentors blush. Or perhaps you intended her as a hard-bitten cynic, yet find that she’s the one who makes sure the rescued survivors get safely back to town, sometimes slipping them a few gold pieces to replace their losses.
Don’t despair: People change over time, and characters do too. Some become more lawful (there’s nothing like amassing a stockpile of loot to make you want banditry and thieving to stop). Others relax their earlier strictures to embrace a more flexible approach. The alignment you choose while creating the character may not be the alignment that best fits how you play that character. Retaking the test later on also has the advantage that, instead of abstract conditions, you can plug in specific examples of how the character behaved when faced with any of the situations outlined in the "test."
Note that some characters (paladins, clerics, monks) suffer consequences of shifting alignment. Consider this test a qualifying exam for beginning characters in this class ("Well, you seem to score poorly on lawfulness, Sir Eadgar -- are you sure you want to be a paladin?") and a moral and ethical compass for those already on their chosen path.
Read about the creation of the Hero Builder’s Guidebook in our Personality Spotlight interview!

here

Lawful Neutral

Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.
[HR][/HR]
Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral - XXXXXXX (7)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Evil ---- XX (2)

here

·
Registered
978 Posts
True Neutral

True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea, what tickles their pickle in that moment. She doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos, because that would be silly. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality, others just aren't big on video game morality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil; after all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones (duh). Still, she's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction, cunts.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
True neutral, always have been.

I'm on nobody's team but my own.

If I do decide to take sides or be 'good' or 'evil', it is an internally influenced decision, and not because someone told me to or my social environment prompted me to.

In other words: If you're looking for loyalty, look elsewhere. Unless I truly like you or owe it to you, whether I decide to help you or not largely depends on whether helping you will personally bring me satisfaction in the end.
It's weird you say that - I am also true neutral. But loyalty is honestly a defining characteristic for me. Granted, I will not be loyal just because it's a socially accepted situation in which I should remain loyal. But once someone has earned my loyalty in some way, I am almost loyal to a fault. But once you ever breach that loyalty, it's gone. You're not getting it or anything close to it back.

I think part of what makes me true neutral is that I see everything from multiple perspectives. There are always reasons for actions and decisions and immediately labeling something as wrong or right is dangerous imo. I will always take a neutral position until I get more information.

EDIT: After reading the full true neutral description, there's no way that's me. I think I'm more chaotic good.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
According to the quiz I'm Chaotic Neutral:

"A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal."

I think I'm more like Chaotic Good though, since I do like to help others if the opportunity arises, especially standing up for the underdog. This description seems too libertarian for me, LOL. I get pretty outraged at injustice, I just know that most of the time it's futile for someone like me to try to change stuff.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Lawful Good. :)

No wonder Captain America is my favorite Avenger.

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm True Neutral. I'm loyal to my friends, and I'll totally be up for helping them out with their evil schemes or noble crusades. Right now, I think I've been performing more Chaotic Good actions than anything else, but that's because my best friends are fairly Chaotic Good people. Last year at this time I was honestly performing more Lawful Evil than anything else. Had a whole different group of friends then. I'm still friends with both groups, but I've been spending much more time with the Good guys.

Obviously these two friends groups don't get along well.

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
16 Posts
I chose Chaotic Good based on the descriptions because it's the closest what I can think about myself. I believe laws and regulations in general are just guidelines for different kinds of people to get along with each other. Too many laws and regulations are created by "stupid" politicians for "stupid" citizens because of "stupid" reasons. I'm not going to elaborate that because I don't mean anything specific. I just think there's enough laws and regulations at least in my home country already and if something those should be decreased. Also most laws wouldn't have any purpose if all people had same moral sense. I don't hate people I just don't sympathize with everyone. I try to be somewhat good citizen and respect most laws so that's why I don't see myself quite Chaotic Neutral if I did understood the differences correctly in the first place. I'm not a thief but during turmoil or some other catastrophic event I don't think I could steal from other suffering individuals unless it would be the last thing for my own survival.

Since this is a new concept for me and I didn't check the results before my own vote I was surprised to see that so far Chaotic Good has got the most votes. :happy:

Edit #1: I actually missed the link for the alignment test and noticed it after I saw other replies. I'll do it later when I got time.

Edit #2: "Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral."

I guess Neutral is the same as True Neutral?

It's possible yes. I'm not at my best in self-evaluation. What comes to the alignment test I don't know for sure how I would react in those situations if they were "real". I haven't played actual DnD but what comes to other roleplaying games and online roleplaying games I know things I do aren't real so they aren't permanent for my real future either. In games I don't have to be afraid of the outcome. In real life instincts would kick in and I might not work anymore like I would in those imagined scenarios. So my answers are likely a bit biased to some direction depending on the question.

This is might be off-topic but now when I think about it I don't do actual roleplaying even if I enjoy some aspects of roleplaying games for example. I reflect my own personality in those situations and don't act like being totally someone else. I prefer female characters maybe because of eye candy but I don't act like a female or things like that. I do things differently in rolaplaying games than in real life because it's so easy and the world is different anyway. It doesn't really matter what faction I play because I'm not trying to be good or evil character in games anyway.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1,285 Posts
Hmm, that's interesting. I always used to identify as either Neutral Good or Lawful Good, but that test has me pegged as True Neutral. I still think of myself as more Good, regardless, as I have always held a deep-rooted disdain not only for Evil but also those who glamourise it.

Reactions: Verity3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Took the test: 22 points in neutral good and 21 in true neutral.

I really dislike the d&d alignment system. It feels too limiting, and I don't see anyone as either good or evil. Why does no roleplaying game (that I know of) use MBTI? Wouldn't it be much more interesting and realistic?

I have played some Pathfinder with a character that started as a chaotic good, but later changed into chaotic neutral, because the GM questioned my character's behavior. I play the character as I see fit, not trying to match any alignment. Hey, no-one acts "good" under all circumstances, both me and my character deside what feels like the thing to do based on the situation. *sigh*

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
In online assessments I usually am evaluated as Lawful Good or Neutral Good.

I consider myself (L)NG: Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies.

When I played D&D (c. 1981-2000), I usually played characters who were LG, NG, or LN in long-term campaigns. I did play a couple of LE characters before as studies of sorts. I have played CG characters upon occasion, usually for one-shot adventures or short campaigns. I have found it most difficult understanding the CN alignment (cf., Limbo and slaadi).

Neutral seems to me the most precarious alignment and least likely to maintain as a definitive paradigm, worldview, and approach to life for other than characters of extremely low (animalistic, 3-5) intelligence. Otherwise there is a need for extreme balances to remain classified at that central point: pain offsetting pleasure equally, kindness offsetting cruelty equally, rule-following and obedience offsetting anarchy and disobedience equally, etc. If one slips more into self-motivation (regardless of morality) most of the time, then in my estimation one is more properly CN. If one is more given to giving up personal freedoms to smooth things over in one's group of associates and perhaps society, then one is more properly LN. That's probably why I have never portrayed a Druid as a PC (and was never a fan of presenting them extensively as NPCs).

Reactions: Verity3 and krentz
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.