Personality Cafe banner

Morally impoverished 3w4 - Karen Crowder [Spoilers]

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PhantomCitadel 
#1 ·
After seeing Michael Clayton with G. Clooney and Ms Swinton her character struck me as a horribly gone-wrong-all-the-way 3w4.
Swinton - Karen Crowder was a legal counsel for a mighty corporation that screwed up; one scene shows her preparing for an interview at the firm, the process itself was painful to watch as she screws line after line and keeps beating it until it's right/presentable.
In the interview itself she's forced to comment on how she manages to keep balance between life & work, saying: "Balance?(laughs) I think that's something you search for you whole life, isn't it?"
When we glance back at the scene when she tortured herself with practicing her lines her quote gains a spoonful of irony. Her need to appear presentable and an obvious lack of balance struck me as an unchecked 3w4.

To give a snappier example, later in the movie she plans to kill 2 innocent men just to solve a legal problem so she can help her company get back on track - this level of devotion and deception was another pointer to my suspicions.

I know that people who saw the movie and even vaguely remember her character would be able to verify my view; I welcome everyone opinions on this.
Excuse my knowledge of the Enneagram, but every time I'm trying to expand by looking at the forum discussions I feel like I'm juggling balls of fire.

See less See more
#2 ·
After seeing Michael Clayton with G. Clooney and Ms Swinton her character struck me as a horribly gone-wrong-all-the-way 3w4.
Swinton - Karen Crowder was a legal counsel for a mighty corporation that screwed up; one scene shows her preparing for an interview at the firm, the process itself was painful to watch as she screws line after line and keeps beating it until it's right/presentable.
In the interview itself she's forced to comment on how she manages to keep balance between life & work, saying: "Balance?(laughs) I think that's something you search for you whole life, isn't it?"
When we glance back at the scene when she tortured herself with practicing her lines her quote gains a spoonful of irony. Her need to appear presentable and an obvious lack of balance struck me as an unchecked 3w4.

To give a snappier example, later in the movie she plans to kill 2 innocent men just to solve a legal problem so she can help her company get back on track - this level of devotion and deception was another pointer to my suspicions.

I know that people who saw the movie and even vaguely remember her character would be able to verify my view; I welcome everyone opinions on this.
Excuse my knowledge of the Enneagram, but every time I'm trying to expand by looking at the forum discussions I feel like I'm juggling balls of fire.

Hey, just watched the movie, interesting analysis. Definitely a 3w4, what mbti type would you give her??

#3 ·
Wow would never thought someone would dig this post up.. she strikes me as an Si dom, the only thing I'm certain is that she uses Te. I know too little about Ni to identify it in her if she uses it.

What do you see her as?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.