Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read and heard that human beings especially those with enneagram 5 tend to find more fascination with what's darker, that is morbid curiosity. And I must know, what kind of dark, morbid things fascinate you people. As for me, I'm fascinated with psychopaths,the grim reaper,sometimes demons,and the 7 sins,wrath most of all, which psychopaths often have. And jsyk, I'm an enneagram 5.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I guess I've had a morbid curiosity since I was a kid. Kinda fucked up but, when I was about 6 or 7, I watch several installments of the Faces of Death documentary series. Along with that, I hit 12 and went all "ZOMG Theology!" despite being atheist at the time. I went and researched Satanism(Theistic and non-theistic), Luciferianism and demonolatry(I was also reading more-deeply into Western Paganism, which had a much stronger attractor to me than any of the Satanism bullshit). Along with that, I was also very interested in Sin and Hell and all that. Read Paradise Lost, Dante's Inferno, and other religious works- Not just from Christianity.

I've also had a passive curiosity about people like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gayce and plenty of serial murderers/mass murderers. Sawney Bean is probably the biggest trip of all of them.

Then, I found /b/.
In the last few years, my morbid curiosity has dissipated.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jsyk, you're an INFJ. Or INTJ maybe. How much do you know about MBTI?
:facepalm: I already said I was an istp. I went to a website that explains the characteristics of e/i,s/n,t/f,j/p. And since I had more characteristics that were introverted,sensing,thinking,perceiving, I came to the conclusion I was istp.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops, wrong quote.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
:facepalm: I already said I was an istp. I went to a website that explains the characteristics of e/i,s/n,t/f,j/p. And since I had more characteristics that were introverted,sensing,thinking,perceiving, I came to the conclusion I was istp.
Determining your type takes a bit of time and research. Most of us get it wrong on our first try. It's not a big deal. Be patient and do your homework. This website is a good place to learn, so please make use of it.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Determining your type takes a bit of time and research. Most of us get it wrong on our first try. It's not a big deal. Be patient and do your homework.
More than 1 personality site described me as an istp. Also, since Im quiet,reserved, like to listen to what others have to say and feel drained when I talk too much I know I'm an I'm an introvert. And since I'm quite aware of my surroundings,focus on details and specifics, see things as they are, and live in the here and now I know I'm a sensor. And since I often debate issues, most convinced by rational arguments,appear cool and reserved, and make decisions objectively I know I'm a thinker. And last but not least,Since I like to keep my options open,play first and work later, playful and casual, and hate schedules I know I'm a perceiver.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Is it morbid curiosity to want to watch a train wreck of a thread like this one?

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok,from now on all posts should be from people stating what dark,morbid things fascinate them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dev, look, we feel for you in what little Fi we have. But your sick perversions are not ours.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dev, look, we feel for you in what little Fi we have. But your sick perversions are not ours.
:sigh::frustrating: The reason I made this thread is because It's a known fact that it's human nature to find dark subjects fascinating, and the more people know about the morbid, the easier it will be for them to defeat evil.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
:sigh::frustrating: The reason I made this thread is because It's a known fact that it's human nature to find dark subjects fascinating, and the more people know about the morbid, the easier it will be for them to defeat evil.
I'll never be defeated.

BWAhahahahaha!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
See, if you were in the INFJ forum right now, they'd be heralding you as their god. Over here you just look out of place and rather irritating.

ISTPs seldom, if ever, talk about their beliefs. INFJs talk about their beliefs all day and all night, to anyone who will listen and even to those who long ago stopped listening.

No offense to INFJs. I know they will agree with me anyway.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts