Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there were mixed thoughts in the housekeeping thread.

Do we need more downtime between games to chill out?
Less downtime so something is always going on?
Is it fine as is?

Let us know!

It would be most helpful if you went into more detail in the comments, but a simple vote is data, too.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Where is the option for "the time tested method - before it was capriciously changed, mere months ago?"

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i prefer low/no downtime between games cuz i can play or skip depending on energy levels. lots of down time doesn't give us the option

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,480 Posts
signups can get kind of slow so it seems as if we already have enough down time. :kitteh:

·
Registered
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is the option for "the time tested method - before it was capriciously changed, mere months ago?"
Which "time tested method"? If you're talking about where we waited for a game to end, and then several more days for the next person up to have time to put up a thread, that would be option one, more time. Not sure why you'd describe it as "time tested" when it's been adjusted fairly regularly depending on how active the subforum is.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Which "time tested method"? If you're talking about where we waited for a game to end, and then several more days for the next person up to have time to put up a thread, that would be option one, more time. Not sure why you'd describe it as "time tested" when it's been adjusted fairly regularly depending on how active the subforum is.
Probably because for the first 3 years I actively played/modded, signups were always posted after the previous game finished?

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,108 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP 9w1 sx/so
469 Posts
Some years ago, it was common for two games to run at the same time, and the queue moved faster. If you go back like three, four, five years though, the games have considerably fewer posts. It feels like playing a game is more time consuming and more packed with posts and information lately. Which isn't really a bad thing, it's fun, but it's a thing. Not sure where I'm going with this, it's really just an observation.

·
Bored and lazy
4,278 Posts
I haven't answered these things because i really don't know, lol
But i guess if I've been tagged...

I feel like having the games overlap before kept people sucked in and active, but it could be for other reasons that those people aren't around any more

I don't think longer spaces between games is productive, i know people say they want to take a break, but forcing everyone to take a break at the same time seems a bit negative
Also, for people who only play small games (or only large, or open etc) it just increases wait time

I think, personally, I'm less active here because less is happening, which isn't solely games etc, like, if we had more community things to keep mafia people in the mafia section people might be around more? I dunno

·
Banned
3,415 Posts
Having small and large games both their own cycle running again, might be an idea to re-consider doing again.

My main concern here is the mystery of the lack of signups and its speed nowadays, if enough people are around for two cycles running at the same time.

I definitly am against more time between games. I prefer there to be always a game running. Preferable overlapping, even if it's only by a bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry @Siggy but I don't really have any thoughts, I only play small games and as things stand only occasionally so any changes won't affect me personally :/

·
Mafia Goddess
3,899 Posts
Sorry I don't see mentions on my phone :unsure:

I don't play very often so it's hard for me to state a preference. I almost never play back to back and pretty much play maybe 3 times a year?

I'm wondering if we need a new recruitment drive. I think the number of active players has shrunk significantly in the past while as vets are transitioning to different life stages, so maybe hosting some small newbie games might help bring in new blood.

Maybe a "bring a friend "game for people who have connections off site?

·
Mafia Goddess
3,899 Posts
Sorry @Siggy but I don't really have any thoughts, I only play small games and as things stand only occasionally so any changes won't affect me personally :/
This too. I like hosting big games but usually don't have time to play them :unsure:

Okay that gives me an idea though - maybe space out the large games so they're more like special events? Focus on running the small games more frequently?

Idk...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Maybe a "bring a friend "game for people who have connections off site?
Maybe a hydra game for this idea? Might be easier if you have a kind of mentor/some one who's played before to help you out. Or did you mean just bring in people from other WW sites?

·
Mafia Goddess
3,899 Posts
Maybe a hydra game for this idea? Might be easier if you have a kind of mentor/some one who's played before to help you out. Or did you mean just bring in people from other WW sites?
Either or both maybe?

Like a newbie game where everyone brings a newbie buddy? And/or a separate hydra game where people buddy up with a friend from another site?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I think the best way to do it would be to run the next game as soon as the other one is over. IDK what category that would fall under, however.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I think the best way to do it would be to run the next game as soon as the other one is over. IDK what category that would fall under, however.
And when I say run the game as soon as the other one is over what I mean is that the next game should start sign ups as soon as the previous game is over.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.