Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly a google search didn't reveal any threads...

Anyway, to generalise (and I know this isn't completely dictated by type, which goes without saying), do you think certain types are more jealous/possessive in a relationship, and some types less? If so, which?

I'd say it would depend on how a person reasoned it, but I kind of get the impression ESFJ might be the most jealous. Least, probably INTP.

I'm INFP and don't feel very jealous. I'm insecure, and might be worried about a partner leaving me, but I don't feel possessive, and I feel if they have stronger feelings for someone else I'd just let them go.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think you might be pushing what kinds of things can and can't be correlated to MBTI with some of these threads. To answer the question though , I've seen the "Creepy stalker" stereotype applied to both ISFJs, and ENFPs. According to some guy on here, prison statistics show a disproportionate amount of ENFPs, largely for "crimes of passion". No idea if that's true or not.

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
I think it really depends. I have known some very jealous INTP's and some who couldn't care less. I think that any type can be jealous because they can be jealous of different things in different ways in a relationship, also depending on how healthy they are. Enneagram might come into as well. My ESFJ mother is the least jealous person I know and incredibly selfless. I know two INFP's one of which is not a jealous person, the other is definitely jealous. So basically, I'm not sure if I have seen a pattern. If I had to pick one that stood out as jealous based simply on who I have encountered, maybe any type that has trouble communicating their emotions.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm an INTP, and I do get a bit jealous. Not as much as other girls, though.

My ESFJ father is so passive. I've never seen him be truly jealous of anything, really.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My ESFJ father is so passive. I've never seen him be truly jealous of anything, really.
Yeah, I do think maybe thinkers - or maybe specifically Ti-users especially - probably have a 'well, logically speaking, I can understand that, so...' I mean they still have feelings, get hurt.etc, but they can sort of put a mental stop to it easier.

ESFJs certainly can be passive too, often in a subservient way, if they're trying too hard to please. Being Fe-doms they're most liable/vulnerable to peer pressure.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I do not really think that jealousy has something to do with the MBTI preferences, as they are very primitive feelings that are not influenced voluntarily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts