Personality Cafe banner

Which type argues the most?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, which type is the most argumentative? I have heard many beliefs about certain types arguing more then others, but when it comes down to it, which type do you think argues the most overall?
Introverted
Think a lot before saying things. Wins many arguments. Often close with their family and friends so feel like they can say what they are thinking.
Extroverted
They say what they think out loud. They spent more time talking then listening, and they usually say what they want before taking others feelings into consideration.
Intuition
They strongly stand up for their beliefs and will not let others get in their way to stop them. Make good leaders and want the world to change.
Sensor
They want the world to stay the way it is and think logically, often disregarding bad opinions.
Thinkers
They think logically and do not always think about other peoples feelings.
Feelers
They show their emotions and often argue about what they feel needs to be done.
Perceiver
Think of good arguments quickly and they often decide to make a change to the world quickly.
Judger
Think of the future and what needs to be done ahead of the current time. Realizes what could happen.
So, what do you think?

·
Registered
118 Posts
ENTPs are the most argumentative type, then ENFPs are second most.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The EnTP i know, argues, and then agrees with me at the end. either I'm always right or He is lying.
I do argue when it comes down to it, I've been quite militant.

But the Extraverts get really annoying when they argue, that i just back down cause i can't stand the sight..eew.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The EnTP i know, argues, and then agrees with me at the end. either I'm always right or He is lying.
Lying? Maybe he is playing the devil's advocate.

ENTP has the reputation for being the most argumentative. NTP uses argument as a means to refine and clarify their thinking. Is it true of NFP as well?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ESFJ, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
ESFJ? I don't know many other than my sister, but she's not very argumentative, at least not any more or less than the average person.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Arguing seems to be the lifeblood of the ENTPs I know. They thrive on a good debate, and I've learned that it's best not to cross them :dry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depends what you mean by "argue"! Some sort of NT, definitely

ENTP is definitely the type that debates the most in general. But I often feel like I'm not having a "real" debate with ENTPs - sometimes they'll bait me with something they don't expect me to agree with, and then when I actually do agree, they'll either start arguing for the other side or find some minor flaw in my argument. I think they just like to see what kind of arguments they can come up with.

xNTJs are really argumentative too, but they seem to want to prove something. Like they just want to convince people of their opinions, and don't really care about the "sport" of debating.

Nitou said:
ENTP has the reputation for being the most argumentative. NTP uses argument as a means to refine and clarify their thinking. Is it true of NFP as well?
I don't think so! xNFPs can be argumentative when something conflicts with their Fi beliefs, but they don't just start arguments for the sake of arguing like xNTPs. For some reason, all of the xSFPs I know just avoid arguing entirely.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
So far this is interesting that the two voted for are both NT types, and specifically those that dominate with intuition followed by thinking (as opposed to those who dominate with thinking followed by intuiting (ENTJ/INTP). Could it have anything to do with their make-up N-T-F-S, and the fact that their feeling and sensing are possibly under developed?

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
ENTP. Because they don't mainly just argue with me, like the other types, but with everyone else too. :happy:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Depends what you mean by "argue"! Some sort of NT, definitely

ENTP is definitely the type that debates the most in general. But I often feel like I'm not having a "real" debate with ENTPs - sometimes they'll bait me with something they don't expect me to agree with, and then when I actually do agree, they'll either start arguing for the other side or find some minor flaw in my argument. I think they just like to see what kind of arguments they can come up with.

xNTJs are really argumentative too, but they seem to want to prove something. Like they just want to convince people of their opinions, and don't really care about the "sport" of debating.

I don't think so! xNFPs can be argumentative when something conflicts with their Fi beliefs, but they don't just start arguments for the sake of arguing like xNTPs. For some reason, all of the xSFPs I know just avoid arguing entirely.
Yes, you are right INFPs aren't argumentative but some of them like to debate. But me as an ENFP, I love to debate. I usually who would initiate the debate. Me and my friend ENTP, we 24 h debating XD.

I think the most who would initiate a debate is an ENTP, ENFPs are second. People usually annoyed by how argumentative I am.

EXXJs and ISFJs usually don't like it, INXJ like it but rarely to initiate and INTPs I have encountered some love it and some don't like it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ENTx definitely, they hate being proven wrong lol :tongue:.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
ENTPs & INTPs seem the most argumentative to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts