Votes: 4 5.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
INTPs are posited as being the biggest eggheads, though considering how similar they and INTJs come off to people, who would know? I am INTJ and I pursue knowledge for clearer understanding.. though to the observer, it would appear as if I pursue it for it's own sake (which is noble in it's own right, in my opinion)

·
Registered
344 Posts
...yeah, I definitely pursue knowledge for its own sake.

How does one define "brainiac"?

Reactions: Radiant Flux

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I voted INTJ, but INTPs are certainly close behind. Results may vary according to the individual.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
INTPs seem to acquire knowledge for theorizing whereas INTJs acquire knowledge to optimally utilize it for realistic means.
This is the answer.

ENTJs use this to an exaggerated degree (in my case anyway). I suppose I can seem ignorant because I don't see the reason why I should be knowledgeable about a topic unless it's significantly useful to me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
INTPs seem to acquire knowledge for theorizing whereas INTJs acquire knowledge to optimally utilize it for realistic means.
I would add that the acquisition of knowledge itself is often made the same way.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Depends on what you mean by brainiac...

XNTJs are good at creating opportunities for themselves so they are more inclined to become highly proficient in very few areas.

XNTPs like to gain knowledge in almost anything, but it's limited by how far they can take themselves (oportunities) . They can be a jack of all trades and/or a bearer of useless knowledge.

I think it's difficult to compare them because they're all likely to be brainiacs in whatever it is they do.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
My vote goes to INTP.

ENTJ is much too matter-o-fact.
ENTP... sorry, you guys just try to hard.
INTJ sure but we tend to put on an ENTJ-like face once in a while.

INTP gets it. When you think typical nerd, it is the INTP.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
INTPs or INTJs. More to INTP side for the mentioned reason:

.. Though 'realistic' is debatable. More like.. of determined means?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts