Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about the Type 4 ENFP's?

3w4 seems less likely to me than 4w3 for an ENFP. Mainly because 3w4's would mostly be made up of ENFP's in an Ne-Te loop.
frankly, most people who type as NFP 4s are mistyped. they exist, and they aren't extremely rare (like, say, an ENFP 5) but it isn't a common combination (usually it's an Sx dom 6w7 or 7w6). I would put 4w3 as 6th though, followed by 7w8 as 7th.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
frankly, most people who type as NFP 4s are mistyped. they exist, and they aren't extremely rare (like, say, an ENFP 5) but it isn't a common combination (usually it's an Sx dom 6w7 or 7w6). I would put 4w3 as 6th though, followed by 7w8 as 7th.
Why would you say that? Type 4's motivations of identity and individuality almost completely align with Fi's internally and individually based emotional standards on morality.

If there's anyone that's less likely to be Type 4 than reported, it's the Fe users.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you say that? Type 4's motivations of identity and individuality almost completely align with Fi's internally and individually based emotional standards on morality.
If there's anyone that's less likely to be Type 4 than reported, it's the Fe users.
they align well on the surface level, but that is the reason why most of them are mistyped. 4 is much more complicated than individuality, wanting a unique identity etc. below these motivations (enneagram is not about motivation btw), the 4 is plagued with feelings of shame, defectiveness, worthlessness, brokenness. they feel like an ugly duckling, lost, abandoned and unloved, so they turn to crafting a unique image as a defense mechanism for their shame (the defensiveness and reactiveness of core 4s easily rivals 6s). these are not feelings most NFPs typically experience. compared to other types, most NFPs have an easier time with self acceptance and, while they will almost always see themselves as different than most other people, they usually don't feel abandoned, worthless or defective. NFPs as a whole are among the most internally secure and self accepting types and generally do not have the kinds of intense battles with self worth that are seen in the 4. again, I'm not saying they don't exist, just that they're not nearly as common as people think they are.
perhaps @Boss could explain it better

PS: for the record, I'm not trying to call anyone out for being mistyped, I have no intention of turning this thread into the Enneagram Inquisition for ENFPs

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
they align well on the surface level, but that is the reason why most of them are mistyped. 4 is much more complicated than individuality, wanting a unique identity etc. below these motivations (enneagram is not about motivation btw), the 4 is plagued with feelings of shame, defectiveness, worthlessness, brokenness. they feel like an ugly duckling, lost, abandoned and unloved, so they turn to crafting a unique image as a defense mechanism for their shame (the defensiveness and reactiveness of core 4s easily rivals 6s). these are not feelings most NFPs typically experience. compared to other types, most NFPs have an easier time with self acceptance and, while they will almost always see themselves as different than most other people, they usually don't feel abandoned, worthless or defective. NFPs as a whole are among the most internally secure and self accepting types and generally do not have the kinds of intense battles with self worth that are seen in the 4. again, I'm not saying they don't exist, just that they're not nearly as common as people think they are.
perhaps Boss could explain it better

PS: for the record, I'm not trying to call anyone out for being mistyped, I have no intention of turning this thread into the Enneagram Inquisition for ENFPs
Myers Briggs Type indicator personal... [World J Biol Psychiatry. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

ISFP and INFP were the most common results in unipolar depression.

Symptoms of unipolar depression include but are not limited to low mood, loss of pleasure in activities, thoughts and feelings of worthlessness, inappropriate guilt or regret, helplessness, hopelessness, and self-hatred.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
The current enneagram list for the ENFP's here: maybe someone could tally it up just for kicks? I don't feel like doing it :tongue:

Viva: 4w3 7w6 8w9 so/sx
Ace Face: 7w8, 8w7, 3w2
cue5c: 3w2 so/sp
The King of Dreams: 9w1 7w6 2w1 so/sx
Alysaria: 7w6, 2w3, 9w8 sx/so
MusicBird: 7w6, 9w8, 4w3
Eerie: 7w8-1w2-4w3 sx/sp
Finaille: 6w7, 2w1, 9w1
chimeric: 4w3, 6w7, 9w1 so/sx
Swordsman of Mana: 7w8 Sp/Sx, 7w8-4w3-8w9
nádej: 4w5 7w6 9w8 so/sx
musicalmeggie: 2w1 5w4 9w1
SenhorFrio:2w3-7w8-9w8
MuChApArAdOx- 7w8-4w5-9w8 Sp/Sx
zadude: 3w2 self pres
ZomgItsEmma: 2w1 So/Sx
Emphasis: 7w6, 2w3, 9w8 sx/sp
Dania: 4w5 or 7w8 sp/sx
Saffron: 7w6, 4w5, 9w1 sx/sp
Smileygirl: 2w3 7w6 9w8 sx/sp/so
Zeptometer: 8w9 sx/so
Starr: 4w3 7w6 9w1
Bumblyjack: 4w5 9w1 6w5 sx/sp
Stickysticks: 3w4 5w6 9w8 sp/sx
Essay: 9w1 3w4 7w6 so/sx
Zster: 7w6 so/sx
MissyMaroon: 6w7(although 5 is close) 4w5 9w1 so/sx
nottie: 9w1 7w6 2w1 so/sx
Sundance: 7w8 - 9w8- 4w3 (switches a lot with 4w5)
Mariebenash1: 2w3 - 7w6 - 9w1 so/sp
Moose: 2w3-7w6-8w9 sx/so... stacks might be so/sx, i forget which order it is
wisefaery : 9w8 4w5 5w4 sx/sp
NaughyChimp: 4w3
Angua: 7w6 4w5 9w8 sx/sp
Eloise: 4w5 sp/sx
digitalceremony: 4w5 7w6 9w8, sx/so
funcoolname: 7w6 3w2 9w1, so/sx
catnip: 7w8 4w5 9w8 so/sx
Pangloss: 2w3 7w8 9w8
HappiLie: 9w1 7w6 3w2 (either sx/so or sp/sx :S)
LucidDream: 6w7, tritype 648, sx/sp
Moxie: 7w8, 3w2, 9w8
Humaning: 4w3, 7w6, 9w1 Sx/So
Enfpleasantly: 7w6 4w5 9w1 sx/sp
KookyTookie: 7w6, 4w5, 9w1
KokuroNya: 9w1, 3w2, 7w8
autumnglori: 2w1, 9w1, 6w7 so/sp
Justusdecepticons: 7w6, 2w3, 9w8 sx/so
Minesweeper Queen: 7w6, 4w5, 9w8
Chipps: CP 6w5, 1w2, 2w1
Redwood: 2w3, 7w8, 8w7
Alaiyo Sakuri: 4w3, 7w6, 9w8 so/sx
dellai: 3w2 sx/so
Ahiko: 2w3 7w6 1w9 so/sx

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Member's List ranking from first to last:

Total ENFP's: 2195

Type 7: 309 (14.08%)
Type 4: 213 (9.7%)
Type 2: 183 (8.34%)
Type 9: 76 (3.46%)
Type 3: 59 (2.68%)
Type 6: 42 (1.91%)
Type 8: 25 (1.13%)
Type 5: 18 (0.82%)
Type 1: 3 (0.14%)

Unknown Enneagram: 1267 (57.72%)

These may not be fully accurate for a few reasons, one of them being people relying mainly on quiz results for their Enneagram types.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Member's List ranking from first to last:

Total ENFP's: 2195

Type 7: 309 (14.08%)
Type 4: 213 (9.7%)
Type 2: 183 (8.34%)
Type 9: 76 (3.46%)
Type 3: 59 (2.68%)
Type 6: 42 (1.91%)
Type 8: 25 (1.13%)
Type 5: 18 (0.82%)
Type 1: 3 (0.14%)

Unknown Enneagram: 1267 (57.72%)

These may not be fully accurate for a few reasons, one of them being people relying mainly on quiz results for their Enneagram types.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the withdrawn types are over-represented here compared to the real world. After all, this is the internet and a personality type forum at that.

The type Four and ENFP combination is especially likely to be exaggerated here because of the conflicting nature of the types. This conflict may take the following form: the Four type in the individual motivates them to withdraw, especially in the face of stress, but they are an extrovert that is energized by people. At times, this may leave them with a low energy level. They want to connect with others yet they are still motivated to isolate themselves. This can result in periodic spiraling into deeper and deeper withdrawal. As an introspective Four, they are inclined to dig into this and discover what is at the root of this problem within themselves. A personality type forum is a likely destination for individuals seeking those answers.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think a lot of people look at Type Four and think "I'm a pretty little butterfly. I'm special, creative, and unique. I must be a Four." The misindentification of Sevens as Fours has been discussed many times over, such as here, for example. What I think people fail to realize is that the only kind of butterfly that a Four could be is one with torn wings. The crafting of an exaggerated, original, and spectacular personal identity is a coping mechanism for deep-seated pain stemming from internalized image issues. In short, they are overcompensating. Type Four is not the Romantic many identify with, it is a Tragic Romantic.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also wouldn't be surprised if the withdrawn types are over-represented here compared to the real world. After all, this is the internet and a personality type forum at that.

The type Four and ENFP combination is especially likely to be exaggerated here because of the conflicting nature of the types. This conflict may take the following form: the Four type in the individual motivates them to withdraw, especially in the face of stress, but they are an extrovert that is energized by people. At times, this may leave them with a low energy level. They want to connect with others yet they are still motivated to isolate themselves. This can result in periodic spiraling into deeper and deeper withdrawal. As an introspective Four, they are inclined to dig into this and discover what is at the root of this problem within themselves. A personality type forum is a likely destination for individuals seeking those answers.
Oh my god. Amen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.