Personality Cafe banner

Most Intelligent NT type

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
You could just have called the thread "What's your type?".
wahahahahaha exactly

but to be fair, intjs are on average probably a bit more intelligent

p.s.
this does not mean they're getting a vote from me :laughingface:

Reactions: Alois the Villain

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
wahahahahaha exactly

but to be fair, intjs are on average probably a bit more intelligent

p.s.
this does not mean they're getting a vote from me :laughingface:
They're also the most likely to be homeless.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Is it bad that I didn't pick my own type? >>;

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Which NT type is the most intelligent?

There are many ways to define intelligence, but I mean in general intelligence.

My definiton of intelligence:
Strategizing
predicting outcomes
logic and deduction
What the crap kinda poll is this? Are you just after the coins or something? Define "most intelligent" please.
He did... Not sure why people find it necessary to automatically snap out "Define intelligence!!" It's like a Pavlovian reaction to any question regarding intelligence.

Come to think of it, it may be a nice non-invasive way to check reflexes. No more doctor hitting your knee with a hammer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
He did... Not sure why people find it necessary to automatically snap out "Define intelligence!!" It's like a Pavlovian reaction to any question regarding intelligence.

Come to think of it, it may be a nice non-invasive way to check reflexes. No more doctor hitting your knee with a hammer.
How I like to define intelligent:

intelligent |inˈtelijənt|
adjective
having or showing intelligence, esp. of a high level : Annabelle is intelligent and hardworking | an intelligent guess.
• (of a device, machine, or building) able to vary its state or action in response to varying situations, varying requirements, and past experience.
• (esp. of a computer terminal) incorporating a microprocessor and having its own processing capability. Often contrasted with dumb .
DERIVATIVES
intelligently adverb
ORIGIN early 16th cent.: from Latin intelligent- ‘understanding,’ from the verb intelligere, variant of intellegere ‘understand,’ from inter ‘between’ + legere ‘choose.’

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think INTP and INTJ are equal except sometimes INTP's P gives them an edge and sometimes INTJ's J gives them an edge.

P more creative and "out of the box" J more logical and structured. You have to define the intellectual product you're looking for to come to a concrete answer.

Working in the framework of the original post I say it's a tie between INTP and INTJ not because the extroverted rationals are really less intelligent but I just think they don't spend all their time in their minds like we do so it will seem that way in the sense the original question was phrased.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Which NT type is the most intelligent?

There are many ways to define intelligence, but I mean in general intelligence.

My definiton of intelligence:
Strategizing
predicting outcomes
logic and deduction
Chairman Yang avatar :laughing:

On topic: I voted for INTJ because they generally appear to be the most intelligent. I don't know whether this is true or not but w/e.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That last sentence was horrid but will I fix it? No. (Good example of P right there ahha)

Edit:Also a good example of me not quoting what I'm referring to and then someone posting before I do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm going to go with INTP because I think it matters to them more. :p

I don't get the point of rating one type as being THE most intelligent. Each set of functions a person has makes them more inclined to receive and process information a certain way. This does not necessarily mean someone is incapable of receiving and processing information in other ways. To assume they can't is to assume we lack power over our minds, and perhaps we do--but I have yet to meet anyone intelligent enough to know that for sure. INTPs get information and judge/sort it differently from the way I do. If I stick to one rigid way of thinking, there are likely to always be things INTPs find that I miss, but it works both ways. I can and have used introverted thinking, but I don't like to. I don't trust it, prefer it, or feel comfortable with it. This is a limitation and probably a weakness, but I don't think it's something that can't be worked with. I'll probably never be a naturally introverted thinker or someone with an extroverted intuition, but it can't hurt to try and expand my mental horizons, and I don't think one person is necessarily more capable of training their mind than another.

I disagree that INTJs are more "in the box" and conventional than INTPs. The introverted intuition function we have can cause us to come up with some pretty outlandish theories (at least according to the people around us), but extroverted thinking sort of causes us to keep those ideas to ourselves in the face of what the world has decided is the logical precedent. My biggest fear is being delusional, and because I know I'm prone to it, I tend to trust in "truth" with witnesses backing it up, even if I acknowledge that truth is subjective.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts