·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Definitions of laid back:

unhurried, calm and relaxed; "a mellow conversation"

relaxed in style, character, or behaviour; easy-going and unhurried
with this definition, which type is the most laid back theoretically

I think it would be an IxxP type, first introverts are naturally calm, contained, and unhurried compared to extroverts being more hyper active, assertive, even aggressive , IxxPs deal with the external world through extroverted perceiving, and their extroverted judging function is their inferior function, so they require the least active control over their environment. They would have to be emotional stable too. From there, I have a hard time deciding between INTP, ISTP, ISFP, and INFP, but I would choose ISTP as the most laid back type, they seem the hardest to offend , have the detached Ti, and are said to be good at handling crises as they arise(very calm). INxPs are more inclined to be very inactive though if not interested. Of course there will be exceptions.

I'd imagine ExxJs to be the least laid back with extroverted judging dominating. Te almost seems it is anti laid back from my experience.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Definitions of laid back:

with this definition, which type is the most laid back theoretically

I think it would be an IxxP type, first introverts are naturally calm, contained, and unhurried compared to extroverts being more assertive, even aggressive , IxxPs deal with the external world through extroverted perceiving, and their extroverted judging function is their inferior function, so they require the least active control over their environment. They would have to be emotional stable too. From there, I have a hard time deciding between INTP, ISTP, ISFP, and INFP, but I would choose ISTP as the most laid back type, they seem the hardest to offend , have the detached Ti, and are said to be good at handling crises as they arise(very calm). INxPs are more inclined to be very inactive though if not interested. Of course there will be exceptions.
I don't really care about the most laid back type...I just need to give a shout out to Data! :happy:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think INTPs and ISTPs are very laid back in the sense of being the most nonchalant/apathetic. ISFPs are probably the most live and let live types. The most laid back extrovert type seems to be ENxP.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Yeah, I'm nonchalant/apathetic to the point where people often seem to think I don't notice that I do stuff like speed when really, I just don't care/want to do that.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Further thinking about it, an emotionally stable INTP could possibly be the most laid back type. I took the interaction styles into account. Behind the scences seems very easygoing compared to Chart the course, which correlates with the INTP informative style. I think most of the P types though are easygoing in different ways, like ESxPs seem like cool carefree social people, while IxFPs seem very agreeable, friendly and nonaggressive, IxTPs have a cool aloof chilled out air, like we could not give a shit(Spike Speigel), ENxPs have a playful, curious attitude, Ne is very openminded too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I always thought that I was laid back. I brought this up in conversation a couple of years ago and my friends all thought I was joking :sad: After further evaluation I decided that I am just apathetic to many social norms.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Going by the 4 letters, the functions, and my anecdotal experience: INTP

The LEAST laid back people (that I know) are ESFJs. Lo and behold, that results in INTP again.

Oh, and I've noticed several caffeine-neurotic INFJs in my life. REMEMBER this is only anecdotal. And as I think about it, ESTPs can get just as laid back as INTPs... if not just laid. :p Anyway, to broaden, I think xxTPs fit the bill.

*Even though I'm similar to INTPs, I am NOT laid back...at all. True, it's nearly impossible to offend me, I've got a lot of goals, and I believe in setting and maintaining thorough schedules. I do not like being late, and I don't appreciate people getting in my way when there's a job to be done.* But my desk is still a mess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i think the most laid back type could be ISFP. the ISFPs i have met are very easy going, laid back, well-natured, borderline inactive. nothing like chillaxing with an ISFP. it's like they're constantly stoned, they don't care about anything. ISTP is an option as well, however, i think they're too prone to rationalize instead of going with the flow, as ISFPs often do. it seems to me that INTJs are too tense and rigid in their opinions to be laid back, they rarely get the idea of brainless purposeless fun.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
i think the most laid back type could be ISFP. the ISFPs i have met are very easy going, laid back, well-natured, borderline inactive. nothing like chillaxing with an ISFP. it's like they're constantly stoned, they don't care about anything.
haha that's my father right there. He always said, "As long as I have food, shelter, my loved ones and my art supplies, that's all I need."

When I was 14, I got arrested for shoplifting and my dad had to pick me up from the police station. When we went home, he shrugged and said, "Well, it's good that you're not in jail. Should we get some McDonalds?"

The cops left a voicemail at my home number, which my mother listened to.

When she found out (ESFJ):
"FJDSIOJ#*#@*)()!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!one YOU'RE GOING TO FILE PAPERS AT MY OFFICE FOR A WEEK TO LEARN THE VALUE OF MONEY!111 OMG OMG OMG I CANNOT BLEIEVE YOU I'M SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED."

ISFP dad: "Take it easy, she's fine. We all do things like this when we're young."

Mom: OMG YOU'RE SIDING WIHT HER. YOU'RE GOING TO FILE IN MY OFFICE TOO.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
haha that's my father right there. He always said, "As long as I have food, shelter, my loved ones and my art supplies, that's all I need."

When I was 14, I got arrested for shoplifting and my dad had to pick me up from the police station. When we went home, he shrugged and said, "Well, it's good that you're not in jail. Should we get some McDonalds?"

The cops left a voicemail at my home number, which my mother listened to.

When she found out (ESFJ):
"FJDSIOJ#*#@*)()!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!one YOU'RE GOING TO FILE PAPERS AT MY OFFICE FOR A WEEK TO LEARN THE VALUE OF MONEY!111 OMG OMG OMG I CANNOT BLEIEVE YOU I'M SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED."

ISFP dad: "Take it easy, she's fine. We all do things like this when we're young."

Mom: OMG YOU'RE SIDING WIHT HER. YOU'RE GOING TO FILE IN MY OFFICE TOO.
Now why couldn't my parents be like your Dad? :frustrating:

·
Registered
560 Posts
My INTJ dad never got angry, ever.
I tested his patience alot of times, I wanted to know what he was like when he's angry.
And, he never did.
Whenever I did something stupid, he'd always tell me that he'll take care of it and I should just sleep or rest because everything will be fine in the morning.
Because of my father's infinite patience, I realized that he doesn't deserve a hard-headed daughter, so I straightened my ways and became good and stuff.

Reactions: Sunbeam

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
My INTJ dad never got angry, ever.
I tested his patience alot of times, I wanted to know what he was like when he's angry.
And, he never did.
Whenever I did something stupid, he'd always tell me that he'll take care of it and I should just sleep or rest because everything will be fine in the morning.
Because of my father's infinite patience, I realized that he doesn't deserve a hard-headed daughter, so I straightened my ways and became good and stuff.
This is exactly how I am in my family dynamic. When no one can take care of anything else (more practical than emotional), I'm always around to help. I'm extremely patient to the point where people think I am apathetic in nature. Not many things bother me and I have a tendency to bite my lip until I am provoked. If people step over the boundaries I set, they have another thing coming.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going by the 4 letters, the functions, and my anecdotal experience: INTP

The LEAST laid back people (that I know) are ESFJs. Lo and behold, that results in INTP again.

Oh, and I've noticed several caffeine-neurotic INFJs in my life. REMEMBER this is only anecdotal. And as I think about it, ESTPs can get just as laid back as INTPs... if not just laid. :p Anyway, to broaden, I think xxTPs fit the bill.

*Even though I'm similar to INTPs, I am NOT laid back...at all. True, it's nearly impossible to offend me, I've got a lot of goals, and I believe in setting and maintaining thorough schedules. I do not like being late, and I don't appreciate people getting in my way when there's a job to be done.* But my desk is still a mess.
I know personally all I need to be satisfied is food, water, shelter, and something to keep my mind entertained, I wonder do other INTPs require the least amount of stuff to keep them content. Ti can be very exacting and intense too, but I find it rather detached and stoic for the most part.

The two SFJs I know are very neurotic, they worry alot, will panic the second something goes wrong. For me, it is hard to get any reaction, like I have a constant neutral mood and I'm just floating around like a ghost through life.

If you are limbic that could alter your personality type compared to someone who is calm of the same type, one of my friends who I think was an ENTP was very aggressive and hot-headed but also jovial and constantly joking around.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts