Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm an INTJ and the type that seems to be more interested in me is definitely INFP. They usually admire me somehow, some of them have had crushes on me... And I also like INFPs a lot, maybe because they feed my ego haha. And also ENFPs, they tend to chase intjs, but not with the same admiration I see in INFPs. Other types I think find us interesting are ESFPs and ENTPs, but they're usually jumping around socializing to notice us that much.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm gonna add ISFPs too :kitteh: Or maybe it's just me...

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
In my experience:

INFP's tend to admire INTJ's, but only some INTJ's admire INFP's in return. There is, however, a greater likelihood of an INFP-INTJ relationship than there is for an INTJ-ENFP relationship even though the latter is more glorified.

ENFP's tend to flirt with INTJ's and in some cases initiate a loose relationship. INTJ's sometimes flirt with ENFP's because they have read that it is the "ideal" pair and think it is somehow a safer, more guaranteed positive relationship than with other types only to find later that things didn't work out for inexplicable reasons and confusing behavior. ENFP's also find INTJ behavior befuddling and inconsistent. Both types in general tend to expect the other to demonstrate certainty to the status of the relationship, but expect certainty to be demonstrated differently, and end up going off to do their own things.

ISFP's and INTJ's can take very quick interest in one another, but can lose contact with each other just as quickly as it came.

INTJ's can purposefully seek other INTJ's because they see likeness as a positive trait in a relationship, however as soon as one INTJ lags in communicating the relationship goes into permafrost.

ENFJ's can be attracted to INTJ's, but become annoyed when the INTJ doesn't show them the responsiveness they are expecting.

ESTJ's can find the way INTJ's think interesting and unique, but can become anxious if the INTJ doesn't stick to plans that have been made, or if the INTJ corrects everything the ESTJ says.

ENTP's can find INTJ's thought patterns and way of explaining ideas novel, and can share interesting takes on common interests together but not take well to the way INTJ's shoot down ideas for no reason other than they "don't think it will work."

ESFP's can find INTJ's boring or anti-social at first, but can be yanked in if they are intrigued by the way INTJ's are overtly non-conforming. ESFP's tend to find people who are petty and "too nice" boring, and like when they are presented a challenge in trying to have someone react to the things they do to get their way or prove why they're the best. INTJ's are typically critical, emotionally cool, and adept enough at playing social games to seem like a challenge to an ESFP. Playing these sorts of cat and mouse games can become very attractive to both, if it gets to that point.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm an INTJ and the type that seems to be more interested in me is definitely INFP. They usually admire me somehow, some of them have had crushes on me... And I also like INFPs a lot, maybe because they feed my ego haha. And also ENFPs, they tend to chase intjs, but not with the same admiration I see in INFPs. Other types I think find us interesting are ESFPs and ENTPs, but they're usually jumping around socializing to notice us that much.
Funny you say this. I attract a lot of INFPs as well and I like them back. I was in a long term relationship with an INFP and we are still close. They are very loyal and can deal with my INTJ-ness (sometimes) once they are used to you. I also only know one ENTP and he's a lot of fun to talk to about ideas.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
The only group of people that frequently have crushes on me are the mentally ill. People with schizophrenia, OCD, bipolar, depression, paranoia, for some reason find me very appealing. I have no idea why.
Yeah this has happened to me before and I don't know if it's type-related. It's just unhealthy versions of different types (add probable undiagnosed personality disorder to this list).

·
Registered
658 Posts
What about INFJs? Why hasn't anyone brought them up?
We tend to have a very tense relationship with our Ni-dom brethren. It can easily click together, and easily go awry.

Plus we're all among the rarest types, making this combo difficult to measure. We don't find each other often.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
We tend to have a very tense relationship with our Ni-dom brethren. It can easily click together, and easily go awry.

Plus we're all among the rarest types, making this combo difficult to measure. We don't find each other often.
Completely agree. Meeting an INTJ for the first time, the instant click was "Wow, just found someone so similar to myself for the first time ever." I should've been careful for what I wished for.

I find INTJs way too similar to myself and just different enough in the aspect that can make the relationship go awry very very quickly. I don't want to date someone just like me, I want someone who is the opposite and brings something different to the relationship. I'd almost feel like I'm dating a family member if I date an INTJ as an INFJ. No thanks. Not to say it can't work, but I definitely do not believe it is the ideal pairing. I think INFPs tend to adore INTJs more obviously and ENFPs like INTJs a lot too.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Crushes do not exist. It is mere infatuation + fake fascination (re: pain + suffering + blindly leading on the INTJ™) with non-genuine nonsense.

Those more likely to love the INTJ™ are rare and non-type related.

If they assert a crush on the INTJ™, they do not know you; an offense to the nature of the INTJ™ who admire(s) honesty + non-falsified gibberish.

Run, run like hell.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Which type usually respects the INTJ /finds the INTJ interesting?
- i never find out what type most rl people are.
- i never know how to interpret what 'interest' means in another person's mind.
- i don't necessarily correlate either respect or interest with a crush.

basically, i don't try to keep score. or i guess you could say the patterns i've noticed have never been based on the mbti. different people have developed crushes on me for extremely diverse reasons. and in almost all cases the crush had about 10% to do with me - just enough of an externally visible hook for them to hang their projections on. the other 90% came from the other person's internal landscape.

Which type doesn't usually like the innate traits that come along with the INTJ?
no idea really. when people take a dislike to me i don't usually even want to know what their problem is. much less ask them what their mbti result was.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Completely agree. Meeting an INTJ for the first time, the instant click was "Wow, just found someone so similar to myself for the first time ever." I should've been careful for what I wished for.

I find INTJs way too similar to myself and just different enough in the aspect that can make the relationship go awry very very quickly. I don't want to date someone just like me, I want someone who is the opposite and brings something different to the relationship. I'd almost feel like I'm dating a family member if I date an INTJ as an INFJ. No thanks. Not to say it can't work, but I definitely do not believe it is the ideal pairing. I think INFPs tend to adore INTJs more obviously and ENFPs like INTJs a lot too.
What types are INFJs the most compatible with, then?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts