Personality Cafe banner

Most overrated type(s)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What MBTI type do you think is the most overrated, in the context of MBTI communities?
Obviously, in real life and offline, it may be totally different personality types (ie. more appreciation for sensors).

You can post WHY, but play nice! :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
INFJ.

Most underrated is either ISTJ or ESFP.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Sorry I'm not a hater.
All types have their strengths and weaknesses.
I don't see any specific type being held up as better than any other, maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I voted ENTP, it's shown as the glamorous smartass.

All you need is angst, and a forum. Both are cool, right?
We're also seen as lazy, dishonest, trolls, perverts and spacey.

ENTP's are overrated by ENTP's the rest of the world tolerates them as entertaining lunatics.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Funny, I was talking with my son last night about this. I didn't vote as it is more complex than that. In online MBTI communities:

XNTX

These are the highest rated with INTP and INTJ sharing top honors. ENTPs are next with ENTJs bringing up the rear of this group.

XNFX

These are the next highest rated group. INFJ has the top spot with ENFJ running a close second. These two are almost up to the level of ENTJs. ENFPs are next and seem loved and tolerated, but they have to work for respect. INFPs are generally dismissed as being angst-ridden. Being the most populous doesn't help INFPs as some just like to hate on the biggest group.

XSXP

Being perceivers helps this group place above the SJs. ISTPs lead the pack with ESTPs also garnering their share of respect--albeit grudgingly given at times. ESFPs are next, leaving the poor ISFPs wondering what went wrong.

XSXJ

And draggin in at last place, we have the SJs. First is the ESFJ, tolerated by everyone because they mean well, followed by the ISFJ who is a warmer and fuzzier version of the ISTJ, and bringing up the rear are the ones everyone loves to hate--the ESTJs.

And there you have the online MBTI caste system.:wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any N type is over rated. My gf helped me realise this.

How are esfjs overrated? Lol, nobody here seems to think much of them, under rated I'd say. Don't think people know what under rated means.
Hmm, I think ESFJ-voting people didn't read the question well... ESFJs are generally totally overrated among humankind.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Overrated Justifiably (Therefore Correctlyrated): well, hem hem... :proud:

Overrated Unjustifiably: INTJ. There's way too many on here for their supposed rarity, and the villain/mastermind schtick gets a little cheesy.

Underrated Unjustifiably: ESTP and ISTJ

Underrated Justifiably (Therefore Correctlyrated): ESFJ, ISFP

1 - 20 of 335 Posts