Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most stressed type to least stressed? I feel like INFJ is up there on most stressed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ha, I reckon this is gonna be a thread of everyone suggesting their own type. I think that ENFJ could possibly be in the running for most stressed type, we take everyones problems on our own shoulders and dont like to share our loads.... it can be quite overwhelming!

Sometimes, especially during unhealthy periods, it all becomes FAAAR too much! I actually already suffer from an anxiety disorder at 21 so I like to blame Carl Jung for that! =P

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Stress fluctuates situationally for most everyone? I don't think this is necessarily linked to MBTI or even Enneagram.

I'm Ni/Ti e5 with situational stress linked to being incompetent, or having unwanted external intrusion. I wouldn't say, on the whole, I suffer from an abnormal level of stress, though - it's probably middling.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Most stressed, in no particular order:
INTP
INFJ
INTJ

Least stressed, also, in no particular order:
ENTP
ESTP
ENFP
ESFP

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The fifth Big Five factor that doesn't have a corresponding MBTI dimension is Neuroticism (aka Emotional Stability), and it's probably the temperament dimension that has the most to do with how anxiety-prone a person is.

Of the MBTI dichotomies, I think I and J can each contribute to proneness to stress — which arguably makes neurotic IJs like me the most stress-prone types.

If everyone else could see fit to agree with me, that would help me relax. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I can imagine that INFPs are always in the state of stress and anxiousness. XD

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,533 Posts
I agree INxJs are very stressed lol. I know I am. INxJs and ISxPs tend to be very stressed IMO. I think Ni/Se types are more stressed than Ne/Si types in general.

Feelers who have Ne in their stack seem to be the least stressed/most relaxed. ENFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, INFP. They seem more "light", and less likely to be constantly rushing things.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not related to MBTI at all, this is a factor of the big five neuroticism scale, yes there are many INFJs(or whatever type) who are low in this scale. INFJ would just correlate to someone who is high in openness(N), high in conscientiousness(J), low in extroversion(I), and higher in agreeableness(F).

There is scale called assertive vs turbulent that somewhat takes neuroticism(and traits of conscientiousness) into account.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I was always of the school of thought: Never let them see you sweat.

I'm not particularly stressed out anyway. I'm not someone who holds stress in, I have plenty of healthy outlets. But some people irl are under the mistaken impression that I don't have any stress in my life. I do, but it doesn't make sense to let everyone see where you're vulnerable. I can be transparent in anonymous situations but I'm just saying this generally.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,415 Posts
IxxJ types will stress all the time but usually over nothing. Meanwhile ExxP types are the most careless and free of all until a tidal wave catches up to them, at which point stress will go through the roof and become unbearable.

Then IxxP and ExxJ types are somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
For me it depends

Im old enough to know my triggers. When I was younger I didn’t realize what set my anxiety and stress levels off.

I really do think it’s taxing to have a heavily booked and planned schedule. As soon as there is assigned times, etc involved my stress increases ALOT!

Some weird ass irony attached to that is I’m a very skilled coordinator. I’ve trained a lot on time management, scheduling, scheduling software, etc... But I’m absolutely training from the perspective of something which gives me anxiety. 🤣.

The more I know I HAVE to do and accomplish the less better off my emotional and mental sanity becomes. I lose sleep, get excessive etc etc. I mean I achieve, meet, or accomplish said planned event, deadline. But yeah seriously wiggs me the fuck out.

Me at my best really just has a general guideline of a schedule and wings it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not related to MBTI at all, this is a factor of the big five neuroticism scale, yes there are many INFJs(or whatever type) who are low in this scale. INFJ would just correlate to someone who is high in openness(N), high in conscientiousness(J), low in extroversion(I), and higher in agreeableness(F).

There is scale called assertive vs turbulent that somewhat takes neuroticism(and traits of conscientiousness) into account.
It's from 16p theory. Though that is based on dichotomies, and most people interpret MBTI with cognitive functions.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
IxxJ types will stress all the time but usually over nothing. Meanwhile ExxP types are the most careless and free of all until a tidal wave catches up to them, at which point stress will go through the roof and become unbearable.

Then IxxP and ExxJ types are somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.
I don't agree with this, in fact ExxPs can sometimes be very volatile and irritable, I'm thinking of my ENFP sister who is very "touchy" and has "bad nerves" by her own admission. Trust me she does not wait until a tidal wave reaches her to react.

IxxJs usually have more self-control so even if they are stressed they seem less likely to overreact, particularly for IxTJs. In fact they are likely the types to bottle everything up until it becomes unbearable.

Anxiety, worry, ect is its own dimension separate from cognitive functions, that's subscribing too much to cognitive functions. Its like those type threads that ask, "what type is more likely to have brown hair"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts