Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether its hypothetical or based on true experiences, INFPs please share. Want to know more about what can provoke INFP into feeling uncomfortable and maybe laying on feelings of stress.

Right now, I'm in a situation where I'm being assessed on my ability to participate in group discussion of more than 10 people in a subject matter I couldn't care less for. Thats really uncomfortable for me, especially because I have people prodding me to talk.

What are your own personal experiences of discomfort?

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,660 Posts
I find it uncomfortable when someone enters "my space" and doesn't acknowledge me or make conversation with me. If someone just gives me the faintest of smiles before they sit down at a bench that I'm also at, they become my friend. If they don't do anything, I don't know them, and I don't know if they are good or bad.

I have roommates, so I'll use the time my ESFP roommate invited one of her friends over. I was doing some work in the living room, as I normally do. The friend came in and greeted my roommate. She was very extraverted, just like my friend, probably also ESFP, not "shy" at all. I was smiling at them, doing my best to look friendly, expecting for her to look at me and introduce herself. I might have even said "hi", but I don't remember. The friend glanced at me, and that was all I got. Oh boy, it was the paradoxical extravert shutout(PES). So I may or may not have worn a smug expression as I turned away from that exchange and continued my work.

They talked in the same room as me for about two hours, and I still don't know that girl's name. My roommate usually introduces people to me, but she didn't that time. I was quite determined to stay in that room and continue my work because it was like a territorial dispute. I wasn't going to let some unknown kick me out of my space without acknowledging me. She may have been my roommate's friend, but she was not, and is not, my friend.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Physical pain maybe when I was young and had surgeries, when I had appendicitis and had to wait in the ER for 4 hours, or being really hungover.

Emotional pain probably all of my depressions, being cheated on, dealing with PTSD, all of my breakups and putting down my dog.

Embarrassing moments like getting rejected, fucking up at work, getting emotional in public, or looking like a fool.

Also, ruining holidays, spending the night in jail, nearly overdosing, a suicide attempt, and the time I had my laptop crash, broke up with my girlfriend, got fired, and had to clean up dog piss hungover as fuck in a 3 day span. Rough times.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I had so many uncomfortable moments that i lost count or resolved to forget them.

All or any embarrassing moments are uncomfortable for me. Speaking about a topic i am not an expert on, or at least when i think i am not yet an expert, i feel uncomfortable and shy. I have a stage fright.

When i accidentally walked into a manhole and my right (or left) leg was stuck that i had to pull myself upward. I was so embarrassed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Edgelord
INFP 5w4 - ILI - Chaotic Good
6,942 Posts
My entire life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts