Personality Cafe banner

What MBTI type is underrated?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To complement the "overrated" thread, which types are the most underrated on MBTI websites like this? In other words, not underrated in real life, but among MBTI enthusiasts online.

Again, feel free to say why.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd say INFJ because so many people think they are overrated. I'd have to give them more respect. They are also (for the most part) the nicest people I know.

I also put my own type (some bias of course XD) as we tend to be stereotyped a bit too much as boring. We can be fun if we want to be. Just give me a time and place and I will try to change the schedule.

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
No doubt in my mind -- ISFJ -- ( I live with one! ) -- it seems they just give and do and give and do and keep their mouths shut. No fanfair, no parades... they just service, service, service.

Second place - ISFP. You guys are absolutely delightful... and very, very quiet, it seems.

I truly feel if these 2 types were taken out of the picture -- the world would...........

end.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
- ISFJ -- ( I live with one! ) -- it seems they just give and do and give and do and keep their mouths shut. No fanfair, no parades... they just service, service, service.
I also live with one and what you say is true. They make fantastic husbands & fathers, so dutiful and loyal.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
ISFP- I don't think they get enough recognition for how awesome they are.
And I agree that sensors in general get too much hate.
What is this hate you refer to? I am not aware of it, but I know a fair few ISXJs and they are all cool people except my weirdo brother who is ISTJ.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I'd go with ISFP. They are the "invisible" type, after all. Personally I like ISFP's a lot, but they seem to be forgotten the most out of all of the types.

I also think it depends on if you're talking about on PerC or in life in general. On PerC there is a lot of S, particularly SJ, hate. But I think a lot of that is that because in real life SJ's are pretty prevalent and are often in leadership positions...so I think that's why it pops up so much on PerC.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ISTJ, ISFJ and ISFP...poor introverted sensors. :wink: My dad and mom are ISTJ and ISFJ respectively and they're awesome people. We're very different but we've learned so much from each other. And ISFP, they just seem to be forgotten but they seem so sweet...and they intrigue me for some reason.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I put my money on the ISTJ because they are in fact a unique bread of people. The three confirmed ISTJs I know have unusual interests and are people that have stood out to me.

Second would be the ESFJ because I feel like these people are the catalysts of friendly, considerate atmospheres and they go out of their way to make these kinds so.

I voted ISFJ because HandiAce seems like one of the most interesting people I've encountered on PerC.
You have made my day, but don't forget Hiccups24-7 either!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'd say sensors in general online are 'underrated' online and on MBTI sites.

Reactions: leen3007

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
ISFJ (The Slave)

They give and give and give and give - but never take. They are like walking doormats that allow others to step all over them, drying the dirty soles of every shoe or boot that steps on their heads. When others need to climb, the ISFJ is their ladder, getting stepped on for the benefit of someone else. They are easily exploited and ignored, beaten and neglected. When someone is sick, they are there to provide aid; but when they are sick or in need, people just look the other way. They are always overlooked and underestimated, but rarely seem to be appreciated for all that they do.

Not to mention the fact that since they are sensors, they may seen as mindless dunces with no brains who just know how to nurse the sick and needy. An ISFJ isn't the type you'd expect to win a science award or to write a best-selling book on some intellectual subject, let alone ever attend college. They are teachers; they are spiritual advisers; they are perceived as useless and seem easy to manipulate.

Of all the types, I would not like to be an ISFJ. Respect is one thing to which they aren't often accustomed.
Although, I don't think ISFP's are all that underrated. I know many ISFP's and they are very creative people. Although, they are essentially 'artists,' and artists aren't always considered the most useful or practical type of people.

/sigh

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
ISFJ.

They give and give and give and give - but never take. They are like walking doormats that allow others to step all over them, drying the dirty soles of every shoe or boot that steps on their heads. When others need to climb, the ISFJ is their ladder, getting stepped on for the benefit of someone else. They are easily exploited and ignored, beaten and neglected. When someone is sick, they are there to provide aid; but when they are sick or in need, people just look the other way. They are always overlooked and underestimated, but rarely seem to be appreciated for all that they do.

Not to mention the fact that since they are sensors, they may seen as mindless dunces with no brains who just know how to nurse the sick and needy. An INFJ isn't the type you'd expect to win a science award or to write a best-selling book on some intellectual subject, let alone ever attend college. They are teachers; they are spiritual advisers; they are perceived as useless and easy to manipulate.

Of all the types, I would not like to be an ISFJ. Respect is one thing to which they aren't often accustomed.
Although, I don't think ISFP's are all that underrated. I know many ISFP's and they are very creative people. Although, they are essentially 'artists,' and artists aren't always considered the most useful or practical type of people.

/sigh
I cannot express how much I agree with you here. I always thought of Hassan from The Kite Runner when the ISFJ came to mind.

I hate the fact types are looked down on because they are percieved as "weak". The fact the ISFJ is getting stepped on says nothing negative about the ISFJ (except in practical terms), it says everything about the attitude of society in general and of course the people.

If my country (Canada) were to be given a personality, it would surely be ISFJ...at least historically it was, and it's definately introverted and feeling. But to my disgust, it has become self-righteous and holier-than-thou in recent years. (I know you can't type countries, I'm just saying).

I worked training teenagers leadership skills; of all the males in the group, the only one who was consistently mature and who I could safely rank as one of the best of the bunch was an ISFJ. Even an ENFJ "Giver" student of mine tried to please his peers so much he failed to be completely responsible could not claim first place. (All of the females were unsurprisingly stars, although an ENFP and ISTJ stood out as especially stellar.) As for my own type, all of the INTP's I taught were (at least on occasion) subversive, whiny, and incredibly self-absorbed, although one of them was quite sweet at times despite this. And they all thought they were oh-so-innocent when we disciplined them, and not just as a facade...they simply did not believe they could do any wrong and were completely blind to their insensitivity. And they talk back even more than the average teenager...they just don't get that being right is not always paramount and that how you say things is just as important as what is being said. Ugh. I hate having INTP's as subordinates.

But yeah, ISFJ's ftw. My grandfather was an ISFJ and there is not a single person who I admire/has inspired me more.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Agree, Nevermore. I knew a few ISFJ's and I often felt a little sorry for them.
This one girl I knew had anal intercourse with a guy who didn't go easy on her. He just forced himself in, very inconsiderate of how she felt.
In fact, he was so rough he made her cry, and she said she often cries whenever she thinks about it.
She's also SUPER nice, but is always so timid and afraid of conflict that she just goes along with everyone else.

And yeah, us INTP's can be incredibly insubordinate, rebellious, and generally whiny, and always assume we're innocent victims or truth-speakers who deserve to always be heard. heh. I just feel most bad for the ISFJ's... poor creatures.

A phrase of one of Karl Marx's most famous statements, "The sigh of the oppressed creature," comes to mind when I think of an ISFJ.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
INTJ of course. It could never be overrated, now could it?:tongue:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts