Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am randomly motivated to lose weight. I am just slightly overweight, so some days I think it is the worst thing ever and other days I think no big deal I can start being healthy tomorrow. More than I want to lose the weight, I want to change my habits to become permanent so I can have 7 days out of the week where I feel healthy and normal rather than 3-4.

Any ENFPs or similar types experience this? I want to change my habits, but apparently not enough to keep my motivation all 24 hours of each day. Has anyone successfully changed their habits before? It doesn't have to be about eating better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found motivation in just reading about eating healthy online and printing out a calorie plan based on my weight/height/activity level combo.

Exercise for me has been been touch and go for a couple years now so I keep having to remind myself that I WANT this and keep giving myself a time frame. Time management has been a huge success this year for me so make sure you fit in at least 30-40min a day for some walking/jogging.

For example I bought a heart rate monitor, by doing that I'm more interested in working out because it keeps me interested in the physical processes and motivated to move forward. I need more cardio training then weight loss so I go around 70%, zone ?4? I think... anyway check it out.

I'm sure other ENFP's can do a better job with the motivating part... I just need to find interest and my vision of the future before I get started on any long term task. + keep reminding myself and updating that goal as time progresses.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
yeah but it takes like a gigantian effort.. it has to turn into a project though- sometimes ill be like, "oh i need to do this, so ill try"- and that never lasts. it's gotta be "right, this is how it's going down, and i need to aim for this and this everyday". even then for stuff like weight loss and fitness it's like as soon as i reach my goal i can never really keep it up because the motivation is gone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been extremely motivated several times to follow the schedules I set... which never happens! I can't keep it up for more than a few hours or a day. -.-

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I find anything I want to do is easier when I have a friend to help me. That includes healthy eating and exercise. (The trouble is, no one wants to work out with me....mostly due to distance or conflicting schedules really :sad:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ask yourself some questions. Why do you want to do this? How are you going to do this? What are you going to do? etc..

My advice is start off small then branch off from that. Once I accomplished my first habit, which was small, I was then confident on being able to accomplish anything.

See the invisible, break the unbreakable. You can do it...if you put in there effort. It won't come on it's own. If you just look toward what you want you got it. Discipline yourself. Discipline is knowing what you want. If you know you want to lose weight, then you will. You can do anything...everything. No excuses.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I think discipline is key.. something that I need to work on.- Definitely NOT making excuses, not procrastinating and getting my ish together..

Another thing- I need to learn to grow up and take more responsibility, because little mundane things for me can be such a drag, but if I learn to balance priorities, then I'm halfway there (which I'm probably only about 1/4th).

I need a motivator's anonymous support group or somethin.' I get things done, but only when I feel like it's last minute, and needs to get done, asap.

Yeah- I pretty much relate in this category- must. stick. with. determination.:mellow::happy:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Although I don't want to kill my inner child, I think that every now and again, I must stifle the little brat. Truth be told, I have a 101 thoughts and resolutions. So therefore, I try and prioritise the important ideas. I used to be overweight; and have finally hit a healthy weight. I'd love to tone up my torso now, to hide the excesses of my youth, but since the goal was to lose weight, and I achieved it, I tend to keep putting that goal off.

My most recent coup has been to quit smoking. My friends are amazed by how quickly and relatively painlessly I did it. I did it though because once I actually set my mind to achieving a goal, it becomes a personal challenge to achieve it. Being my own harshest critic, I try and avoid letting myself down. I know that the small things or the compromises in life that aren't fun and need careful planning are utterly, mind-numbingly boring. But, there isn't anything sweeter than that taste when you look at yourself in the mirror, smile and say "hell yes man, I did it!!" :happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts