Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mountains or sea? What an INTJ prefers and why?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Both. A cabin in the mountains for the peaceful isolation, the air that tastes like cake, the coziness of being surrounded by tall trees, the cover story for snuggling in front of the crackling fire for hours. For closing that door and being 'in'.

The beach for getting 'out'. The bashing of marching waves upon the shore reminding you of the forces of nature and the inevitability of these things beyond our control. Letting go (if the wind isn't slapping your face with your hair). Going between admiring the light reflecting on the glassy water *relaxed* to wondering who the hell is swimming with you unseen *jaws soundtrack*. Admiring the big 'sky blue' sky. Fighting with sand. Getting a magnesium high from skin contact with the rich ocean water. Somehow, in some ineffable way, it's like going home.

Fortunately there are places where the mountains meet the sea. The sunsets are ethereal.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Both. Mountains are beautiful, majestic, reminders of the raw, natural forces that formed this planet. I love to watch and be in mountainous areas and they often make the best scenery, in my humble opinion. Also the air and the smell feels much cleaner.

The sea is, however, also important to me. I grew up on an island and the sea provides fresh air, distinct smells and give a sense of "not being stuck". That there are options to get away. I'm not sure, but I do know that when I have lived inland and not been near an ocean for a longer period of time, I do miss it and rejoice when I go there again.

As the poster above said, fortunately there are places where mountains meet the sea.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Dare ,thanks!
Always is a pleasure to lay down under the trees and just breath in. Nature is a truly blessing for introverts and most of the time is the best cure for anything.

Travelling ,I observed that the majority of relaxed people is living on the sea. why? its smth chemical ? or maybe the sound of the waves connect the human being with the state of inner peace.

Mountains is also the perfect place for rest and charging the baterry; at the same time the place to move on (climbing & winter sports) all that stuff that exceed our limits,adrenaline

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Asity, thank you!

Fortunately I was born in a city that is near to mountains, and the sea also near (2-3hours by car) so I consider myself blessed :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love the ocean. I like open mountains by the shore, where you can see the horizon and the water, and the possibilities.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I doubt it's type specific but mountain lakes are "it" for me. Trnovačko lake in Durmitor National Park, along the Bosnian-Montenegrin border, is the most deeply calming place I've ever been.

ETA the picture I couldn't post while I was at work.

20799142_10155078713298768_6840250501892622533_n.jpg

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Both, and forests as well. Deserts are great, too.
I love all kinds of landscapes. I haven't done any serious mountaineering in years, though. So if I actually had to puff my way up a proper mountain, I'd probably have a heart attack.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
baitedcrow. Sounds like the perfect spot to exit the Earth

FlaviaGemina. YOU'd have the heart attack?! How about the guy in the wheelchair next door?

Lofoten was mentioned. Thats a place I have actually visited. Definetely adorable.

And to answer the original question, Id like to buy a cheap but reasonably comfortable grave in a mountain next to a lake. Maybe they could leave my head outside to ventilate my non-multiple thoughts post-mortem. Actually, gotta add that to the will. Leave the head outside. No one is getting a cent otherwise

ps. trashbin me If I will not strangulate some of the medics for not tuning up the settings of this breathing machine Im usin to deliver more oxygen to the last operational brainsector theres left, if theres any; I feel like unpomped pneumatic wheel of strollers with a triplesized sumo guy in it, rolling on rocks, uphill

Gotta invite over that last nap some day soon

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
How could I choose between this...

...and this?

I want it all! Then again, my fear of drowning is stronger than my fear of heights, so I guess I'll go with mountains.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sea - there's something very relaxing, calming, liberating, and majestic about the expansive view of sky and water. I often go there in my mind to quite my thoughts and just be, and I feel so calm and powerful...invincible really.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,469 Posts
Mountains of course (!)

The sea is nice, (I do like sailing), however, at the end of the day, I am more functional on land, solid ground - a bit more security than the beach has to offer:

Remind(s) of the time I were overseas - and slept on a boat for a few days. Rather relaxing; and cognitively inspirational - but ultimately, I am a [land] mammal.

I prefer (the solitude/secludedness of the mountains) the sounds of nature of the nearby inhabitants - more rocks to easily overturn than diving 50 feet, with the surrounding solitude/isolation of the (beach - crushing of waves / the occasional seabird). Aside from "swimming," (& I prefer not to swim everyday), I haven't much use for it beyond light entertainment / escapism a few times a year.

Fishing in nearby mountain lakes / rivers suffices. I grow tired of the "beach/sea" atmosphere (after a few days) - something rather draining + dreary about it after awhile. Something about earthiness/heartiness grounds me in a distinct way.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
mountains or sea? What an INTJ prefers and why?
Sea! It's so cool and relaxing to bob on the waves and gaze underwater at the beauty beneath.

I'm also a bit biased because I snorkel a lot when I go to Hawaii. I just love gazing at all the fish and coral beneath the waves.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts