Votes: 10 19.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are approaching the month of Movember, where every year Men grow their moustaches for Prostate Cancer research. I have done it the last few years despite my hatred for them on my face.

Just wondering what you ladies or same sex men think of the moustache.

Here is some more information about movember:

Movember United States - About

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I suppose the view of food all over a mustache or beard must be something stimulating... :confused:
Personally, I'm scared of even letting a guy kiss my cheek to say hello if they have a mustache (or beard). Who knows if they clean it properly... :unsure:

And that last mustache is just... the words fail me... :mellow:

Reactions: Agile

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I don't like just a mustache....there's something creepy about them. I think a full beard can look good on some men. Other goofy stuff like mutton chops are a no also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd love to have a moustache, think they can look very cool.
Only problem I personally have is that the hair on my upper lip curls upwards, so when it gets to appropriate moustache length it pokes into my nostrils.
And no, unfortunately this is not a troll or a joke :(

Voted yes on the attractiveness thing.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I don't find facial hair particularly attractive and would probably prefer a man I was with to not grow it out most of the time. They can look attractive, but I don't find mustache kisses appealing. If he wanted to though, especially for something like Movember I wouldn't have a problem with it.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I picked neutral, but I do have a slight preference for the kinds of guys who would let their facial hair grow out. I'm not so much a fan of neatly trimmed, meticulously groomed mustaches and beards, just as the clean-shaven or prickly looks always feel kind of forced. I like facial hair that grows wild, as though the person was too distracted with more interesting things to bother worrying about shaving or trimming. If a person is just more comfortable without facial hair, then I'm cool with the lack of it. I just want my man to feel comfortable doing whatever he likes with his own face. I don't like having to shave my girl-beard and femstache, so I assume that if I were a guy, capable of growing it out faster and fuller, I'd probably look something like this:

As for mustache kisses... mmm, I do like the softness for sure.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Although mustache rides are fun, visually I prefer a goatee or stumble over just a mustache. Don't get me wrong though, facial hair is hot to me.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think it can look cool, but as a bisexual man, I don't find it attractive.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I generally keep a mustache/beard combo as I'm too lazy to shave every day. About once a month it all goes away, and about once a week I'll shave my cheeks/sideburns/neck only (or daily if I am forced to by a work situation). Bleh can't find a good example via the interwebs, but found a recent enough pic of me probably in the mid-week or just before shaving:

As for what people find attractive, I have been told by most they like it when I shave it all off. But that doesn't deter my laziness one moment, and I always respond with something as callous as "I don't care what you think I look like," or as "nice" as "well good thing I'm not wearing this for you!" Hehehe.

I also used to have a pony tail though, and everyone hated that. I got rid of it 'cause work opportunities and the necessity to portray myself more "professionally," but was actually very glad I did anyhow; I didn't realize how much of a pain in the ass it was until I was free of it.

Edit: I left my staff, sword, and cloak at home that day. At work I use my alter ego I call my "VR" persona, where it is generally considered rude, unorthodox, or outright wrong to cast spells, stab people, hide in the shadows, etc.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh wow, I always thought Zappa was ENTP. You feel you know someone...

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've never been much for mustaches, but I, for some reason, really like this guy's mustache:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Ron Jeremy worked a moustache....

....and back hair.:wink:

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I wanted to be facetious, so I voted "attractive," even though I'm a dude entirely unattracted to guys.

And did everyone forget about one of the most notorious mustaches of all time?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I hate Nietzsche. Nietzsche could kiss my ass (might tickle).

My man Sartre never needed a moustache. Just a cool looking pipe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.