Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could choose any movie to be the backdrop in your life what would it be?

Id have to say A Waking Life

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Hmm... this one's gonna take some thought. Do TV shows count?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Inception.

Reactions: Rather Unusual

·
Registered
131 Posts

Or, perhaps the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Charlie (and the gang) are led to Willy Wonka's "Candy Forest" room.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Smallville, Kansas, from the show "Smallville". ;o) I've lived in small towns all my life. I'd fit in there. And it'd be cool to see all the meteor-mutants.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Smallville, Kansas, from the show "Smallville". ;o) I've lived in small towns all my life. I'd fit in there. And it'd be cool to see all the meteor-mutants.
Largest problem I have with the show and claiming it's "Smallville". In the pilot episode a meteorite hits a sign that says Smallville about 25k people, then later after Luthercorp gets there it's 50k+. This is hardly a "small town". I grew up in a city of less than 10k and it doesn't have the remnants of a "small town". Now if you watch the movie "Hoosiers", that's a small town, the movie was based on a town that has merely a thousand or more residents.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Batman!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'd never have a boring moment again.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I'd need different ones for different phases of course!

For my childhood it would have been Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix although it's not my favourite movie at all, but the book is/was/has been. I think the bullying, standing out, standing up for yourself, the frustration, isolation, loneliness and self-hatred themes really do it. I still cry when I read that book, just because it's linked to so many things I suffered from as a child and sometimes still feel.

For adolescence, which I'm still in, I'd say Amélie and Donnie Darko.

Cheesy, right?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Time Machine / The Waterboy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lord of the Rings
Ditto haha

Harry Potter would be amazing too.

Oh man has anyone seen MirrorMask? (Not really a spoiler; you find out very quickly in the beginning.) That would be so much fun to visit the world where your art comes to life.

Any fantasy/history movie really. Can I alternate movies on different days? :)

Reactions: Vivid Melody

·
Registered
65 Posts
The fountain for its music, plot... Everything this film has to offer is really good, it makes me cry every single time i watched it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts