Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is seeing a movie for a date really a good idea? It seems counter-intuitive.

"Hey, let's go sit and be quiet in a dark room for an hour or three. That should make for great bonding."

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
For initial dates, probably not the greatest for the reasons mentioned.

The exception is that if you both happen to love movies, and that it's a movie that you both find intriguing... so afterwards you ended up talking about it and it inspires a lot of thoughtful discussion and is a connection point.

But general films? Meh. I know I'd rather just walk around town talking or go somewhere together (museum, park, coffee shop).

Reactions: Christie42476

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
I always assumed the dark room was the selling point, iykwimaittyd.

I've only gone there on a first date if we kinda knew each other beforehand and it was one we both really wanted to see.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think it is a good idea for a date, even a first date. You can go to dinner or get a coffee after to discuss the movie.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
Going to the movies as a date bores me, although girls seem to like it more. I much prefer watching movies at home with girls. More intimate, you can do something else if the movie sucks or you get bored, you can laugh at the movie and talk without people getting mad at you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it CAN be a good date if there's something afterwards happening. Gives you another topic to talk about in case you're both very nervous.

But I usually keep that as a 3rd or 4th date idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts