Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like CRAP today. I don't really celebrate Halloween or give a damn about it, but all throughout this week, i've been hearing about people in classes and at work planning things with their close groups of friends with overlapping birthdays, things, trips to the city, parties, etc. I've even been hearing my professors and supervisors planning things with THEIR friends too. It seems everyone has their own tight close knit social network and that makes me feel down. I don't know all this Function stuff very well, but I have a high Fe. So I know there are other introverts in my classes/work that don't have friends/much of a social network and it doesnt bother THEM, but it bothers me a LOT. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually not feeling depressed or gloomy, because Im really optimistic in that I know I will find nice, trustworthy friends eventually. At the moment, I'm feeling a bit down, and I need a good movie to cheer me up- maybe something sappy. Don't really feel like watching comedy or tragedies, but something sappy that will make me feel gooey mushy and warm on the inside. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sleepless in Seatle, While you were Sleeping, A walk to Remember, The Notebook, Walle, Pride and Prejudice saw a movie while baby-sitting that I thought was cute The Last Song (thought it was going to be stupid but I got sucked in)... It did suprised me...

·
Registered
759 Posts
The thing is I think I know exactly what you mean but I looked through my movie collection and couldn't find anything along those lines. Maybe something like Dazed and Confused? Much better than all the new American Pie clones.

Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The thing is I think I know exactly what you mean but I looked through my movie collection and couldn't find anything along those lines. Maybe something like Dazed and Confused? Much better than all the new American Pie clones.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Dazed and Confused... really... that's as close to sappy as you get? lol.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Jeux d'enfants

500 days of summer

In the Land of Women

Enchanted

Love and Other Disasters

The Time Traveler's Wife

Reactions: myosotis

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dazed and Confused... really... that's as close to sappy as you get? lol.
More of a feel good movie but yeah, my movie collection kind of sucks. I'm more into horrors/thrillers.

How ever I was thinking of Clannad but that's an entire anime series, some people say it was forced drama but I admit I got a bit teary eyed and the ending... I just wanted to see them happy xD

·
Registered
433 Posts
The Martian! We watched it the other night - basically a series of puzzles, how will he survive, how will they... and the ending is very satisfying.
Also, in a different vein, Hugo (2011).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts