Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So like the title says I was wondering what your thoughts were on the matter (if any of you guys have seen the movie)... Scott I think fits the bill for a very unhealthy ENFP that led on a high school chinese girl until he met the next 'love of his life....' After falling head over heals for this gal reality catches up with him in the form of some crazy ex's ... The girl he falls for 'Ramona Flowers' is the one I had a had a little more trouble telling if she was an INTJ or not; I tend to think she is; so I want to hear some of your opinions out there...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've only read the graphic novel and haven't seen the film yet, but I can kinda see Scott as a messed-up ENFP. Ramona may be an ISTJ.

Also, I don't mean to be a total hater, but you might wanna ditch calling Asian people "oriental". Might ruffle some feathers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A person always has to be politically correct in speech it seems (which I'm not inclined to be swayed by)... If I offended you I appologize... :dry:

I lived in South Korea for a year and understand most the differences their are out there in the orient ... You don't call someone form Okinawa Japanese etc: I have interacted with people from Thailand, South Korean, Okinawa, Vietnam, China, Japan, Malaysia and the Philippines... I didn't readily know the girl's nationality so I found it less offensive to use a general term instead of labeling her something she's not...

To go back onto topic I haven't read the graphic novel; did you enjoy it?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Most epic film ever. I would love to fight a League of Evil Exes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To go back onto topic I haven't read the graphic novel; did you enjoy it?
I did! It's very well-done, you should definitely go and seek it out. I generally prefer "originals" of things to adaptations, though, with the sole exception being Watchmen. As much as I reallllly thought the ending of the graphic novel would be SUPER COOL to watch, I understand why they ended the movie how they did.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree with StevieRay, I have seen the movie and I believe you are right with your type placements! Yes the film was awesome but that's off topic....what he is discusssing is the relationships in the movie! I'm INTJ and I know an ENFP and we get on like a house on fire :p so to answer your question...yes I do think she was INTJ and he was definitely ENFP. Nice thread by the way...glad somebody noticed it!

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Loved that film! Ramona was a P, I'm pretty sure (kept uping and leaving randomly), maybe INTP? She could've been a withdrawn extrovert though, but I don't think she had Ne first whereas Scott did (I'm pretty sure he was an ENFP).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with Tine. Ramona seemed to be much more of a P to me, at least in the film. They emphasize that she's fickle, and while it doesn't show it in the film, Ramona does feel self conscious sometimes, and needs emotional support from Scott every now and then.

P.S. The girl fight was definitely the best fight in that movie.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I agree with Tine. Ramona seemed to be much more of a P to me, at least in the film. They emphasize that she's fickle, and while it doesn't show it in the film, Ramona does feel self conscious sometimes, and needs emotional support from Scott every now and then.

P.S. The girl fight was definitely the best fight in that movie.
I thought so. The fight was very cool! I still really liked the evil dude, which confused the people I went to see it with, haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could Ramona be an ISTP?

She did say this in the movie:

"I don't have all the answers, okay? I'd just like to try to live in the moment if I can."

Which is very S of her.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Could Ramona be an ISTP?

"I don't have all the answers, okay? I'd just like to try to live in the moment if I can."

Which is very S of her.
Yeah
Honestly, I kinda see Ramona as an xSTP. Thinker dominant and not like how Scott represents. also because of that one quote.

The Movie storyline maybe given an ENFP vibe, but he's between ISFP and INFP to me in the film. personally, he's quite a living in the moment protagonist. ISFP (?)

but in the book, Scott is an ENFP . Knifes(his asian girlfriend) is an ExFP in the film (could be an ENFP?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could Ramona be an ISTP?

Which is very S of her.
Yeah I do think so.
She is grounded, while Scott is mostly floating in the clouds.
She loves doing, taking in new experience, without dreaming much about it unlike Scott.
And I don't see dominant Ni in Ramona.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts