Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is an offshoot of the Movie thread. I want to see what we were all watching as kids. Here are my childhood favorites:

Wizard of Oz
Superman
Sound of Music
The Neverending Story
Mary Poppins
Cinderella
The Journey of Natty Gann
The Princess Bride

And now that I have kids, I've obviously watched plenty of their movies. Here's some of my more recent favorites:

The Sandlot
Wallace and Gromit
Dinotopia
Wall-E
Superman (the new one)
A Wrinkle in Time

Reactions: Runescribe

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Though technically not a movie, my favorite when I was a child was Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea.
Really??! That is just so very cool. :cool: I've never in my life met a guy who liked Anne. That was one I should have mentioned at the top of my list.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Really??! That is just so very cool. :cool: I've never in my life met a guy who liked Anne. That was one I should have mentioned at the top of my list.
I definitely identified with Anne Shirley when I was a kid. I watched it again recently, and still saw a lot of myself in her; her imagination, her awkwardness and absentmindedness, her ability to see the good in everyone and not to judge. What type was she do you think? INFP?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely identified with Anne Shirley when I was a kid. I watched it again recently, and still saw a lot of myself in her; her imagination, her awkwardness and absentmindedness, her ability to see the good in everyone and not to judge. What type was she do you think? INFP?
Yep. That's the consensus I believe. It makes sense to me because I love her character and identify with it, but there are definite differences between how she thought and behaved and how I do. I've read all eight books in the Anne series.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yep. That's the consensus I believe. It makes sense to me because I love her character and identify with it, but there are definite differences between how she thought and behaved and how I do. I've read all eight books in the Anne series.
I've never read the books, perhaps I should give them a try. I notice the same differences. I was not quite her, but I could see elements of myself in her.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Labyrinth...I still remember the time when I liked muppets... *shudders*

·
Super Moderator
11,651 Posts
My most absolute favorite & still is: Mary Poppins

The Secret Garden

James Bond: Diamonds Are Forever~~In my early teens by best girlfriend & I went to the movies & sat through this twice back in the day when you didn't get kicked out for doing so! :laughing:

The Aristocats
The Sound of Music
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Oklahoma

I saw Jaws at the movie theator when it first came out. It scared the heck out of me! :laughing:

·
Registered
141 Posts
The beauty and the beast...which I love until now...

Also, an unusual choice is Blow Up, I wasn't suppose to see that so young, but my parents went to sleep early and left me all alone with the tv. It was nothing like I've ever seen, I never saw a movie that has it's own pase before...my taste is still that eclectic :)...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
lets see

Disney's Aladdin: I wonder if i was the only boy in the theater more interested about his and jasmine relationship than anything else(and i was 7 at the time i thought) and how unfair it is that she can't marry Aladdin.

Princess bride: was hilarious, very corny but in such a good way, and remember "never make a bet with a Sicilian when death is on the line"

Teenage mutant ninja turtles I&II because violence was more then normal and Leonardo is one of my childhood role-models.

Ghost Busters I&II because i thought the it was cool but i don't know why really then but i know why now because it's so corny.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
I was always very interested in medieval or fantasy themes and still am.

Movies:
Legend
King Arthur
Labyrinth
Ladyhawke
Spartacus
Jason and the Argonauts
Robin Hood
Star Wars
Neverending Story
Goonies

TV:
Sooty
Dreamstone
Knightmare(UK show)
Batman(60s version)
Batfink (hehe)
Littlest hobo
Flipper
Black Beauty
Heathcliff the cat
Moomins (LOL)
Little house on the prairie
Waltons

..few others I can't think of right now

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oooo, I loved the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie! I've noticed quite a few have mentioned the Labyrinth too. That was also one of my favorites.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I loved any Disney classic, such as: Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Anastasia, The Fox and the Hound, Snow White, Winnie-the-Pooh, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, etc.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Anne of Green Gables: I wanted to be Anne but I related to Diana.

Pollyanna
Parent Trap. The original staring Haley mills and Haley Mills (I would drive my mother crazy quoting the entire movie)
GiGi
West Side Story
Return of the Jedi
ok this one is a bit embarrassing: Ewoks the Battle for Endor.
The Muppet Movie , The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan
The Girl Who Spelled Freedom. This was the fist movie I ever cried at. It certainly wouldn't be the last lol.
Goodbye Miss Fourth of July
The Boy Who Could Fly
Fluppies!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts