Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better yet, explain why you didn't like the film(s).

All I can think of now is:
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: This seemed self-indulgent to me and had a plot that really bored me. The trippy effects and fight sequences couldn't distract me from the plot or the hammy acting.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,207 Posts
Freaking Hitched!

I don't know why it's so popular. I was so irritated sitting watching that b.s. I told my ex I wanted to leave the theatres immediately.

Luckily, my ENTP ex was on the same page. The cheesiness was unbearable. We had to leave the premises!

Why make movies if it's going to be that cheesy and so lame? It's like fourine to one's eyes. Can movies get ANY DUMBER??! (oh and Fast and Furious- yuk!)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and then there's Rubber, which is about a psychic, murderous tire. That's right. A tire. People loved it. It gets an F in my book.

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I have pretty low standards for films, but I physically cannot understand how anyone who claims to like Final Fantasy VII can say they like Advent Children without projectile vomiting all their organs. That film is to Final Fantasy 7 what African warlords are to unsuspecting country villages. Burn it.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Fight Club (premise was obvious), Princess Bride (it's flat out not funny), Forest Gump (worst accent and not inspiring), Fury Road (they wasted Tom Hardy's talent and destroyed the point of the Mad Max movies), and many more.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Star Wars and Harry Potter movies. Nope, nope, nope!

Reactions: Pippi

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Shawshank Redemption
Into The Wild
Breakfast At Tiffanys
Star Wars
Harry Potter
Princess Bride does suck! Yes!

My husband loves the following and I can't stand them ---->> Roadhouse, Back To The Future, Coming To America, Forrest Gump.

Amelie.

The Butterfly Effect

and finally that movie with Jim Carrey something about "Spotless Mind"? Ah yes Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Even the title SUCKS.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Oh, and then there's Rubber, which is about a psychic, murderous tire. That's right. A tire. People loved it. It gets an F in my book.
Yeah it was kinda retarded (for lack of a better word), but I give it an A for originality.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I hated End of Evangelion, even though most Eva fans loved it.

Since several of you have mentioned Rubber, I actually really like that movie :laughing:

Part of it though is I like to pretend its a part of the American Gods universe, so I probably enjoy it more than it deserves.

·
Banned
348 Posts
(3d blue dudes having intercourse with tentacles wherever you go and stupid boring story)

Titanic
(celine dion's song giving me PTSD. heard it in malls, on TV, on the street, in restaurants, in cafes, in fking elevators)

Harry Potter series
(fell asleep every time i watched in cinema or at home so i guess i don't like it)

Star Wars
("may the force be with you" when you know the force ain't with them... the jedi / jesus force shit... plot armored rebels defeats evil empire... nerd heaven. oh oh one more thing, every time it has to be a death star / planet killer and you sneak in and by some miracle it went boom and save the world again)

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
Avatar - there was a better version of this movie
fern-gully the last rain forest , yes it’s visually spectacular but other than that I never understood the hype . Men falling in love with Giant blue creatures - never understood the hype

Harry Potter Series - to be fair I was never a fan of Harry Potter

Austin Powers - no I don’t find it funny - cheesy to the point that it makes my head hurts

Beauty and the Beast - love the music , but Stockholm syndrome alert - how can you fall for a weird looking animal that wanted to enslave your father for life and is nicer to you because of your beauty - ridiculous. Also the movie itself is quite boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
the fast and furious series. too vain. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I have pretty low standards for films, but I physically cannot understand how anyone who claims to like Final Fantasy VII can say they like Advent Children without projectile vomiting all their organs. That film is to Final Fantasy 7 what African warlords are to unsuspecting country villages. Burn it.
i grew to love it. as a long-time FF fan i didn't really get the film at first. try not seeing it as FF7 "the movie", rather a Final Fantasy 7 inspired film/off-shoot in its own universe.

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
i grew to love it. as a long-time FF fan i didn't really get the film at first. try not seeing it as FF7 "the movie", rather a Final Fantasy 7 inspired film/off-shoot in its own universe.
Without meaning to crap on films you like, even then imo it's horrendous. The plot's a mess, the writing is awful and straight up cringey at points, and the characters are all their usual dull selves they've been since the Enix merge with a miserable bitch protagonist. The way I see it is that it's just not a good film, the fact that it's about FF7 just makes adds injury to insult.

But either way though, it is "FF7 The Movie". Squenix wanted that to be the canon sequel to the story of FF7, and that's what makes me mad. Canonically Advent Children happens and the whole climax of FF7 is undone. Cloud's reverted to whining more than ever about Aeris after supposedly getting over her as part of his character growth in FF7 and Sephiroth's gonna keep coming back and Cloud and co are gonna stop him "Every. Single. "Time." until they all die of whatever cause and Sephiroth's left to return unchallenged. FF7 world is doomed. It's a joke, man. And Cloud, man. I just can't stand how Enix handles his character.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts