Personality Cafe banner

201 - 220 of 757 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^^ rjd2 <3 <3 <3

Horror movie soundtracks: The Exorcist Theme is gorgeous. A few others, the Requiem For a Dream, K-Pax soundtrack... Etc.

I don't know if this is normal for INFPs, but I really love horror movies, especially zombie ones. And put on a serial killer flick; I'll be all set for quite a while.

Any other INFP horror movie junkies out there?

Yep! I love a good horror film and enjoy freaking myself out. And am very very interested in serial killers as well. reading up on their past and trying to figure out just what made them the way they are.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You Got Mail is definitely a good INFP one for the RomCom fans!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Taxi Driver. What a film. Not to be watched if you feel like you want to go on a violent rampage. But it is a great portrait of someone who is basically completely disillusioned with people, life, society. Awfully good. Plus really artsy at times

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love toooo many movies! I have a lot in similar with you guys but here's my list:

1) Into the Wild
2) Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind
3) Good Will Hunting
4) Pursuit of Happyness
5) Love Actually
6) Juno
7) Science of Sleep
8) Up
9) Ratatouille
10) Princess Bride
11) Becoming Jane
12) Pride and Prejudice (BBC Series)
13) What Dreams May Come
14) (500) Days of Summer
15) Garden State
16) The Pianist
17) Forrest Gump
18) Little Miss Sunshine

Music:
1) Kings of Convenience
2) Linkin Park
3) Nirvana
4) The Weepies
5) The Cure
6) Death Cab for Cutie
7) Guang Liang
8) Yurima
9) Josh Radin (What If You is my personal favorite!!)

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I love toooo many movies! I have a lot in similar with you guys but here's my list:

1) Into the Wild
2) Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind
3) Good Will Hunting
4) Pursuit of Happyness
5) Love Actually
6) Juno
7) Science of Sleep
8) Up
9) Ratatouille
10) Princess Bride
11) Becoming Jane
12) Pride and Prejudice (BBC Series)
13) What Dreams May Come
14) (500) Days of Summer
15) Garden State
16) The Pianist
17) Forrest Gump
18) Little Miss Sunshine

Music:
1) Kings of Convenience
2) Linkin Park
3) Nirvana
4) The Weepies
5) The Cure
6) Death Cab for Cutie
7) Guang Liang
8) Yurima
9) Josh Radin (What If You is my personal favorite!!)

:eek: you know yiruma too! ....i thought kings of convenience was my own thing until i found out like 50 more nfs knew about them. wooo!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Music:

Linkin Park
Collective Soul
Jason Mraz
Nirvana
Nickelback
ACDC
Led Zeppelin
Gary Moore
Brandi Carlile
Smashing Pumpkins
Bob Marley
The Fray

just to name a few haha.

Movies...hmm this is harder because theres soooo many. But I generally like horror movies, thrillers, mysteries, comedy and drama.

I recently saw Donnie Darko, October Sky which were awesome. I will pretty much watch any genre

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is that a list of artists you would genuinely recommend to INFPs or is it just a list of your favourite acts? Because I've heard Nickelback, and I don't see what about their music would appeal to my personality type.

Jason Mraz I *will* agree with, though... The Remedy is an amazing track and will have anyone dancing and singing in the street*. I would know, I've done it!

*loungeroom

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is that a list of artists you would genuinely recommend to INFPs or is it just a list of your favourite acts? Because I've heard Nickelback, and I don't see what about their music would appeal to my personality type.

Jason Mraz I *will* agree with, though... The Remedy is an amazing track and will have anyone dancing and singing in the street*. I would know, I've done it!

*loungeroom
hmm yeah nickelback no probably...but the rest i do recommend. i really appreciate when someone is a true musician or artist and their songs have meanings to them, and to me those bands/artists do that so thats why i listed them. but ur right, nickelback is not it

·
Banned
708 Posts
Sam Cooke's "A change is gonna come" gets me through the hard nights..

Pink Floyd/ David Bowie/the doors get me through the easy nights/take me to other worlds

Bob Dylan goes on when I'm feeling fired up about an issue (particularly, "it's alright ma, i'm only bleeding")

Nina Simone - words can't express, my love for this woman. Please listen to 'wild is the wind', and "you'll never walk alone" - the latter is the most heartbreaking piano piece I've ever heard

I could go on..
Otis Redding's cover of "A Change is Gonna Come" is nearly as powerful. I'm big on Bob Dylan's music as well, more so with the obscure songs though, "Born in Time" being one of the most notable. In addition to her other works, Nina also managed to hammer out a few well-rounded Dylan covers, too. As for other musicians, Tom Waits and Brian Eno evoke so many insatiable feelings. They come highly recommended.

Film-wise: A Room With a View, the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill, Lawrence of Arabia, North by Northwest, the Last Temptation of Christ (*stellar soundtrack by Peter Gabriel), Singin' in the Rain, Network and Charlie Chaplin shorts/films. Someone else already mentioned Office Space further back, which is a definite classic.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just watched Heavenly Creatures, it was amazing. I twas one of Kate Winslet's first movies, it has INPF all through it.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Be prepared I'm really into music:
Andrew Bird
Kevin devine
Ben harper
wild sweet orange
piers faccini
brett dennen
mason jennings
willy mason
laura marling
jenny owen youngs
St.Vincent
Dan mangan
eels
Teitur
Iron&wine
joe purdy
Josh rouse
justin nozuka
Langhorne slim
the morning benders
right away! great captain!
nick drake
pedro the lion
Phosphorescent
rocky votolato
sparklehorse
Dr.dog
the weakerthans
the weepies
the shins
the botticellis
mirah
neutral milk hotel
limbeck
nada surf
greg laswell

there;s a few:laughing:

·
Registered
189 Posts
"Moliére" (I guess you all know who he was), it's a fantastic French movie, comedy and drama at its best and with some amazing actors.

·
Banned
708 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Music: something that makes you bring good emotions... euphoria, happiness, something lively and hearty, but with great messages for life. I highly recommend you guys listen to Madonna (teaches self-sufficency, ambition, determination, hard work), Lady Gaga (originality and a wicked parody of fame), The Verve (deep thoughts about life and love), Sigur Ros (I don't know if it's well spelled, but their ambient music is very inspirational...) Pink (covers many dark themes of life but with an optimistic and resilient point of view, check M!ssundaztood), and that's what I reccomend! Hope you like it

201 - 220 of 757 Posts