Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm moving to a new place with my family soon, but I feel really apprehensive about this because my family is having alot serious drama about it.

I can't really vocalize this because I feel that I am now a pillar for someone, but how do you guys feel about moving? Or maybe just new settings or chapters? I think its a mix of anxiety and excitement for me.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Its not like friends will be a problem . . . . .

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hail from a military family who moved every 2-3 years. I personally looked forward to moving, but the rest of the family did not. I looked forward to it because after a while the people would start to get on my nerves and I wanted out.
I have lived where I am living now for the past 4 years. I am moving because I cannot go out of the house without people recognizing me and pulling me over to chat. Apparantely I look friendly.. but I digress...

They will get over the initial drama of the move. Don't worry about it.

Sorry, that's all I have to say...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've only moved once in my conscious lifetime and I have to say the transition was not that bad, and we moved to a house that was smaller and worth less during the freezing colds of the winter.

Don't let the negativity affect you more than it should. Moving is always dramatic to people it seems.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't really mind moving around. So far I've lived in 11 different addresses and 4 countries and I am planning to move again in near future.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, that was a nice perspective in this atmosphere right now. I'll try looking at it like that.
(Also, thank you. I'm found of Link.)

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's never really meant anything to me. When it comes to surroundings, as long as I can make somewhere "my space", I'm fine.

The people aspect is interesting. I can imagine most people miss their friends and family, but I've never felt like I miss anyone. Maybe I don't form strong relationships. Maybe I just don't care about them as much as I claim to. I don't know. I've put a lot of thought into it, but I've yet to come up with an answer.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I always liked moving because it was something new and interesting. Similar to @Magma Spire I just need a space to make my own and I'm good. Keep in mind that it's normal for most to have high stress levels and anxiety when moving. You likely won't be able to stop the drama, but things will probably calm down once you all get settled in the new location.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
moving around is nice b/c I'm detached from my environment anyway, the move sometimes heightens my Se for a bit exploring something new, but once I see it once, I don't really need to see it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts