Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your proficiency in the art of multi-tasking? I can watch 2 movies at once and understand what's going on in both.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
But are they movies you've already seen or not? My reason for asking being, I could multi-task like that too if I've already seen both movies and understand what they both were about :crazy:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm actually used to watching two separate movies at a time, even if I've never watched them before...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I haaaate multi-tasking. I like to be able to give the things I enjoy my full focus, attention, and appreciation.

I can multitask when I have to, but it's not my natural tendency (though it might appear so since I am very easily distracted :crazy:).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Eh, it depends. Sometimes I'm too ADHD to actually put enough focus into any of the tasks I'm doing to do any of them at all. Sometimes the ADHD actually helps me get a ton done in a short amount of time (mind working fast on several tasks at once). Sometimes Asperger's makes it impossible for me to do anything other than one task at a time. :confused: My brain is very... odd.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm awesome at multi-tasking when in a working environment... I can be doing all kinds of different things at once and manage to complete all of them efficiently.

At home though....I'm useless at multi-tasking. I get distracted so easily I can't focus on anything. I struggle to focus on even one thing at at time! It's really annoying!

Maybe there's something magical about a paycheck that activates my superb multi-tasking skillz...lol. :laughing:

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
752 Posts
I suck at multi tasking like 95% of the time LOL.

I tend to do one thing, get nervous about the other task, tend to that, and then find out I screwed something up on the first task. Then I go back to that and I'm all frantic and nervous although I probably won't show it on the outside.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I can't multi-task anything. I can however be killer, when concentrating on one thing at a time.

killer:
awesome cool sweet sick amazing rad murderer badass murder crazy kill wicked hot dope death gnarly great tight killa gangster sex insane sexy fantastic radical pimp phat serial evil psycho excellent the shit weed gangsta good nice penis bad dank bitch dangerous fly gang super hip best gay assassin tubular fresh ( Source)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm awesome at multi-tasking when in a working environment... I can be doing all kinds of different things at once and manage to complete all of them efficiently.

At home though....I'm useless at multi-tasking. I get distracted so easily I can't focus on anything. I struggle to focus on even one thing at at time! It's really annoying!

Maybe there's something magical about a paycheck that activates my superb multi-tasking skillz...lol. :laughing:
This exactly ^

I just typed out an explanation that i thought would elaborate, but it was nearly identical to what you wrote.. :happy:

·
Registered
759 Posts
My way of multitasking is focusing on just one thing, but jumping rapidly from thing to thing. If I already have 3 things open and my boss walks in and tells me a 4th thing to do, I can get that open and keep going.

But, I have a hard time if I were to try to listen to him explain the 4th thing while still working on one of the other things. I have to completely devote my focus to whatever it is I'm on, even if it is only for 5 seconds.

I used to see this as a disadvantage, until I realized the very nature of multitasking means you are doing more things at once than you should be and are probably stressing because of it (seeing as most of the time, multitasking means working). Now I see the disadvantage as not being able to focus on any one thing too long unless I love what I'm doing and 'lose myself' in it, like drawing or something.

·
Registered
602 Posts
im pretty good with multitasking. like watchin a movie on tv while listening to music and being online. or driving while talking on the phone and changing music on my zune (i know i know...not safe but i havent done that in a while cuz i dont have a phone anymore lol).

it really depends on my energy and how im feeling, sometimes i can multitask easily and sometimes i cant.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm horrible at multi-tasking. I can do two things at once and those are usually doing something and fantasizing at the same time.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
AWFUL awful at multitasking. Can't do it to save my life. I can only do one thing at a time, and if you interrupt me, it will take me a few seconds to react to you and many more seconds to figure out how to get back to what I was doing in the first place!

I am like the few of you who said you are great at concentrating on one thing deeply instead of many things at once.

I think this is possibly why I hate crowds (too many people to focus on!), why I hate being busy and why I hate listening to music or the radio when I'm trying to write.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts