Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my little brother and step-father are INTJs like myself. I imagine this is pretty uncommon. Any other INTJs out there live with other INTJs?

·
Registered
407 Posts
No but one for my best friends is an INTP with an INTJ father and we get along far too well for his mom's comfort. The only up side is that all of us are happy to just enjoy good books and Game of Thrones.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
My dad is an INTJ. I don't live at home anymore since I'm a grown up :) but it was pretty awesome, we get along great! His discipline style worked well for me and we have interesting conversations.

Reactions: yarrboots

·
Registered
227 Posts
Reactions: tery999

·
Registered
221 Posts
Father was an INTJ also.
When I was younger he'd usually still be awake in the late evenings when I couldn't fall asleep. Instead of sending me off or baking a batch of cookies, we'd sit around the dinner table and theorize about the world, or play a game of chess.

I'd wake up late and tired the next morning, much to the disapproval of my mother... but I honestly learned more about strategy and observation from our reflective conversations than I have from sitting in a classroom.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
946 Posts
I strongly suspect that my younger brother (10-year age gap) is an INTJ. His narrative so far has been quite similar to mine, which makes me reflect on the past a bit. At times it's frustrating to watch him make the same mistakes as I did, but mostly I just feel bad for him. He's very, very misunderstood and alone a lot of the time, though he's best friends with our youngest sister (probably INFP).

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Both my little brother and step-father are INTJs like myself. I imagine this is pretty uncommon. Any other INTJs out there live with other INTJs?
can't imagine what else my mom can have been. my son may be, or he may be infp. or not. he's up too close to me for me to tell.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Not so much a multi-INTJ situation, but the dad of the INTJ I am with is an INTP. They're trouble enough!
Watching them when they get together is pretty funny. They get into these super NT conversations or even spar in the occasional debate (it's interesting watching their differing styles)... just watch out for when they team up against you... XD.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
One of my sons is an INTJ. Most of the world thinks he is very odd, but he is easy for me to understand and we connect easily. One of my other sons is an ENTJ. It's interesting to observe how reversing the first two functions makes such a huge difference in behavior.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I live with another INTJ, an INFP and a ISTJ (not my family...). We get along pretty good although the INFP seems to be confused a lot. Lately she somehow manages to avoid me altogether. No idea what I have said or done this time..

·
Registered
407 Posts
I live with another INTJ, an INFP and a ISTJ (not my family...). We get along pretty good although the INFP seems to be confused a lot. Lately she somehow manages to avoid me altogether. No idea what I have said or done this time..
Sounds like a nice set-up, and to find out say something really bad. She will bring up the previous insult in the argument.

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Not so much a multi-INTJ situation, but the dad of the INTJ I am with is an INTP. They're trouble enough!
Watching them when they get together is pretty funny. They get into these super NT conversations or even spar in the occasional debate (it's interesting watching their differing styles)... just watch out for when they team up against you... XD.

After a recent outing with the to-be in-laws I must retract this as I've come to realise his dad is not an INTP but infact an INTJ!
I typed both of his parents.His mum is an ISFP.
His dad completely threw me however. I thought he could've been an INTP or an ENTP... because he has a silly/goofy factor about him... but it never seemed to sit well. Turns our he's neither, he's an INTJ with well developed Se and Fi - I guess that can be explained in having an ISFP wife.

So wow... INTJ dad and son!
Anyways, this revelation got me thinking of this thread and so I dug it up again. I'm really facinated by the INTJs having INTJ children now.

My INTJ and his dad are super close - they just completely mind meld and make a dangerous duo. I think his dad is a bit more bending in many areas but I guess that comes with life experience. Both have incredible minds, and dad has allowed son to grow up with his own thoughts and ideals. Though dad seems content in the fact that I not only offer his son a mental challenge but I can loosen him up a bit when he gets too tightly wound lol.
His mum thinks I'm fun too because I stand up for her in their funny dinner table spars - she gets left behind a lot, the poor woman. XD
What an interesting family dynamic though.

My INTJ reckons he would hate to have a kid like him. I think he would make a fantastic dad to an INTJ. :3

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I suspect my mother is also an INTJ. We are very similar and people often comment on it.

I think my brother is an ENTJ. We always got on well growing up.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
My dad is also an INTJ. Got along well with him growing up. Mom isn't here any more but I think she was most likely an ISFJ.

Would be interesting to see if there is a pattern, seems like quite a few people are saying one of their parents are the same type as they are. Old saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree may work with personality traits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts