Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone has their moods.

But I have the gift of having many personalities...
The most obvious, are two.

A. Kind, loving, benevolent; same words. You get the idea. I'll be forgiving kind, patient, hard working...

Then someone misplaces my socks.

B. EVERYONE MUST DIE.

Okay, well... people will just set me off to the point that I feel that I'm totally coruppt, and evil. Totally hopeless. There's such a fine line between being passionate... and just insane. Maybe it's just me and my hormones or thyroid... but I act like a complete psycho. And the awful part is I'm an excellent leader. I know people so well, know their weaknesses, that it's easy to control them. I don't like to tell people about this side of me, I mean I don't hate it. But it's awfully lonely when everyone else seems moral and upright. I drive myself NUTS questioning everything. I just hope one day, I won't go too far. I'm either Jesus or Hitler. It's terrible, and it needs to end. I truly am a good person, deep inside, and sometimes it shows.

What I mean is... is that an INFJ thing?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
It is not only INFJ thing but everyone's thing. You think other MBTI types don't struggle with their dark sides?

But may be in INFJs it is exacerbated by having intuition as dominant function. In normal thinking process it kind of flips between dichotomies to let you see things from different point of view. So when you analyze your own person your Ni is like "either you're Jesus or you're Hitler". So you wonder "and what about those things in between?". And your Ni is like "not good enough!". And this can drive INFJs to perfectionism. On the bright side it also does 3 things:
1) makes us want to progress somewhere, learn something new, meet new people, move to new places - not lead a stagnant life
2) see potential in just about anybody that other people fail to see - we see how much good we are capable of and so we see of others
3) easily see bad motivations in others - we see how much evil we are capable of and once again so we see of others

I wouldn't attempt to overanalyze myself and my own actions for the fear of suffering some sort of cranial melt-down or just mental paralysis. "Ok here I did something good so I must be a good person ... but wait ... here I lied ... and that one time i stole a program, should have really paid for it! ... so am I a bad person then". It just doesn't go anywhere. You kind of have to holistically analyze your life from the more global detached point of view without overanalyzing the details.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That feels a little like all or nothing attitude.
I guess a way to explain is, I have a bunch of different personality kinda debating what is the exact truth and why.
Like I can't have apart of me lacking without another saying one something to improve.
Best words I can put out without sounding like a complete nut job.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Sometimes I feel the pull of the darkside. It's quite attractive. I'm wondering if maybe the pull is felt more with you since you're enneagram type 4. For me however, I feel like I often have a personality that is quite logical and rational, and then at other time my gut is telling me something else. It's a hard balance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sometimes I feel the pull of the darkside. It's quite attractive. I'm wondering if maybe the pull is felt more with you since you're enneagram type 4. For me however, I feel like I often have a personality that is quite logical and rational, and then at other time my gut is telling me something else. It's a hard balance.
For INFJ men we are often filtering Ti through Fe. So we feel halfway logical. Truly. And this can appear neurotic. It feels quite strange sometimes. But a friend told me some time ago that one day I would realize I was nuts. I would accept it and then I would be fine.

I think he was right.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
For INFJ men we are often filtering Ti through Fe. So we feel halfway logical. Truly. And this can appear neurotic. It feels quite strange sometimes. But a friend told me some time ago that one day I would realize I was nuts. I would accept it and then I would be fine.

I think he was right.
Well, all of the MBTI personality types have either TeFi or TiFe process going so what separates the so called rationals from irrationals is just the spread between the two functions. Nobody if fully logical except those people who have suffered brain damage in area responsible for processing emotions. F and T represent two value systems that are opposite of one another, so I guess having these two close together as happens in INFJ cognitive profile presents certain problems when one tries to think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts