Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so let's talk science.. (or whatever..)
i am sort of interested in this multiverse idea which i somehow learned from some books or documentaries..
and was wondering

is this multiverse idea REAL or is it sort of theoretical / hypothetical?
or is it an imagined model which seems to somehow fit and solve the big physics problems the scientists are faced with today so that they just decided to settle with it and if there any detail gets proven they establish it as being credible truth?

·
Registered
72 Posts
At this point it is still a theory. It will probably remain a theory until we get into contact with other universes.

Which would be really awesome.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I've always been a strong proponent of multiverses. I've thought about it extensively and came to the conclusion that space is, and big bangs happen all the time all over space. I refuse to call 'space' the universe, because theoretical knowledge suggests universes are areas which contain matter – space does not.

I highly doubt that two big bangs would happen near each other, even if given an eternal amount of time. As space is infinite and the conditions which create big bangs would be exceedingly rare, the rate of big bangs happening over any given area would be low. However, I believe that as many as 10^500 universes exist in our dimension. That number should be exponentially increasing, even though universes don't exist forever.

In fact, it seems as if there may be an infinite number of dimensions as well. That's the most interesting part. An ever increasing number of big bangs in several dimensions at a time... quite interesting. I find myself wondering if there's any way the dimensions could collide and fuck things up really good for us in this dimension or fuck up whoever/whatever is in the other.

I also wonder if dimensions overlap and the possibility of colliding is... less than probable due to this. I see no reason why dimensions couldn't overlap, yet at the same time, if multiple dimensions exist under similar enough circumstances at the same place, they could theoretically 'collide' and 'collapse'. I find it likely that both (or more?) dimensions would be destroyed entirely, though presumably leaving dissimilar dimensions in the same area unphased.

I'm sure there is much I am not comprehending or considering about this, but I will keep building on it and changing things around.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Multiverse theory is extremely interesting, you are right. One hell of a theory, on par with string theory!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts