Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She scolds even for little things. I understand she's going through menopause phase but that doesn't mean she will get angry at her children. And how on earth is it my fault if she has mood swings? It is very rare that i have speak back and stand up for myself. Most of the times she keeps on scoffing, scolding. I don't take her words seriously because she doesn't mean it but still i get upset at the anger and scolds. And then suddenly she changes. She speaks softly and politely and treats me as her favourite kid. But how do i cope with the scolds and anger??

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that..

Maybe try to say about what u don't want her to do to you, and say how it affects you, but nicely. try to stay away so she won't targeting you

I guess if your mom still shows affection and caring towards u right after what she did to u, I think she'll understand. I hope she stop doing that towards you because I know how that feels.

My mom does that somehow, I distract from her scolding by listening to musics.

stay in room, plugging earphones to my ears

I'm sure soon will be better

·
Registered
ISFP
2,214 Posts
Oh man that’s terrible. None of this is your fault. You have to ignore that guilty voice trying to pull you down. You cannot be blamed for other people’s actions or their conditions.

The best thing is to forgive and forget. You don’t want these offenses to pile up. They will overwhelm you. If you can truly forgive her words and actions, you’ll be able to get pass these minor things and enjoy her good moods better.

In the near future, you may even be able to keep her in a good mood. So hang on to yours at all costs.

·
Registered
INTP
3,874 Posts
Maybe try to say about what u don't want her to do to you, and say how it affects you, but nicely.
Yes, you could try this. But only if you can do it without whining/crying/yelling. If you whine/cry/yell, she won't listen.

And as @YearseRayneDon suggested, put your own sanity first. I've had some difficult times in my life, and I've come to the conclusion that my sanity is my responsibility, and is more important than family, finances, or even physical health.

Can you distract yourself with positive experiences? Could be music, games, physical activity, or some kind of creative activity or other accomplishment.

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts