Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like the UK band Muse?
If so, what are your favorite songs of theirs?
Have you ever been to one of their concerts?
Have you even heard of them? (if not, you should do so now)

Favorite songs: Hysteria, Falling Away with You, Map of the Problematique, Feeling Good, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, and pretty much all of Origin of Symmetry (particularly Citizen Erased).

I've also noticed that most people I know who like Muse are Intuitives. Why is that?

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Yeah, I stumbled upon them a few months back. Pretty great band.
Here's my favorite songs so far. Nothing extensive, but from what I've heard so far.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Do you like the UK band Muse? I like their first two albums and early b-sides.
Have you ever been to one of their concerts? three. showbiz tour, origin of symmetry tour and at a festival in 2004.
Have you even heard of them? :S
Favorite songs: agitated (first muse song I heard), cave, hate this and.., screenager, twin, ashamed.

Top right of my avatar has the orange New Born postcard visible :p

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you like the UK band Muse?
If so, what are your favorite songs of theirs?
Have you ever been to one of their concerts?
Have you even heard of them? (if not, you should do so now)

Favorite songs: Hysteria, Falling Away with You, Map of the Problematique, Feeling Good, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, and pretty much all of Origin of Symmetry (particularly Citizen Erased).

I've also noticed that most people I know who like Muse are Intuitives. Why is that?
My friend introduced me to Muse like 6 months ago. I feel in love with absolution. I heard the inspirations from Rachmaninoff when I heard "Ruled by secrecy." I haven't been able to stop listening to them since. SO MANY RACH INSPIRED SONGS!!!!!!!!! Matt Bellamy is genius.

Ruled by secrecy
butterflies and hurricanes
space dementia
take a bow
are some of my favs...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do I like Muse? They're the best band EVER. Period.
Favorite songs: New Born, Citizen Erased, Resistance, Deadstar, Falling Away With You, Blackout, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Invincible...I could go on forever.
Have I been to one of their concerts? Ha! I wish! :sad:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Muse are a good band - some good crunching metal guitar histrionics, some nice melodies and a nod to classical music...plus throw in some New World Order conspiracy stuff...and some cool looking videos. Live shows are meant to be good as well

·
Banned
982 Posts
So sad what this band has become.

I was part of the original fan group, when Showbiz and Hullballoo were considered amazing releases. This band went from new-age prog alternative to glam pop. Showbiz will always be my favorite album. I feel that Muse's last great concert was in 2002. After that, the music changed into something which didn't define Muse.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Back in my schooldays, I think I was 13 or 14 I saw them on Kerrang playing 'Plug in baby' and became hooked with that song. I don't have any of their albums but I do really enjoy their music.

I saw them in 2007/8 and their performance really blew me away. Matt (vocals) played grand piano through a few of the songs and his playing was purely breathtaking. Really good live show, they performed well and my favorite song added to plug in baby has to be 'feeling good'. They totally aced it live :)

Reactions: Alexz

·
Banned
982 Posts
I'll just thank you for your optimism. :p

2006 had some good BHAR concerts, but I'll never forget the Hullabaloo days. :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
@Alexz

I think that part of the appeal of Muse is that they have become more 'pop' and accessible. I always had considered them Radiohead-lite but since RH have disappeared up their own backsides by forgetting that people actually like songs and melodies Muse are there collecting the spoils

·
Banned
982 Posts
I never understood the RH comparison to Muse. Its Brit indie rock. Thats how they started out. Muse surpassed RH in so many ways and was once an awesome band. I will never accept this pop crap they've become.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
They're my favourite band. I've seen them four times and I've even left the country to see them. AND I have their autographs :cool:

These are my two fav songs. They are UH MAZE IN.

Sorry, I can be quite the fangirl sometimes...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So sad what this band has become.

I was part of the original fan group, when Showbiz and Hullballoo were considered amazing releases. This band went from new-age prog alternative to glam pop. Showbiz will always be my favorite album. I feel that Muse's last great concert was in 2002. After that, the music changed into something which didn't define Muse.
Yes of course, because apocalypse please is glam pop. stockholm syndrome is glam pop, butterflies, take a bow, invincible, knights, united states of eurasia and exogenesis are all such huge, glam pop hits. If anything they've become MORE Muse over the years.

Why can't people like you just be happy for their success, instead of hating that now everyone knows about your little indie undiscovered band? Now Matt isn't ripping off rach or rage or jeff buckley anymore, he's writing original songs that are what they all want to perform.

edit: and I may not have been a fan during their first couple releases but I have been a fan since 2002/3 ish so it's not like I'm just a casual fan. And I didn't mean to pick you out personally, there are a couple others that this is directed at but the multi quote thing I couldn't figure out :S

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Muse is a great band no matter if u just discovered them or have been a fan from the beginning now moving on

Fav songs

·
Banned
982 Posts
Yes of course, because apocalypse please is glam pop. stockholm syndrome is glam pop, butterflies, take a bow, invincible, knights, united states of eurasia and exogenesis are all such huge, glam pop hits.
Correct. Very insightful. :3

Why can't people like you just be happy for their success, instead of hating that now everyone knows about your little indie undiscovered band? Now Matt isn't ripping off rach or rage or jeff buckley anymore, he's writing original songs that are what they all want to perform.
Presumptuous garbage. /golf clap

I loved Muse when they were popular. OOS made them into mainstream gods of new-age alternative.

edit: and I may not have been a fan during their first couple releases but I have been a fan since 2002/3 ish so it's not like I'm just a casual fan. And I didn't mean to pick you out personally, there are a couple others that this is directed at but the multi quote thing I couldn't figure out :S
Please, just sit down and listen to your Undisclosed Desires single.

Once the Resistance came out, Muse just became what new age U2 is. :D

For the fans who know whats good:

Muse is a great band no matter if u just discovered them or have been a fan from the beginning now moving on
Least you didn't post TR songs. /hug

1 - 20 of 28 Posts