Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah I really like Avey's new album 'down there'... Panda has a new one coming out later this year called 'tomboy'. Should be good. Just so you know, their older stuff is much harder to get into but just as rewarding imo. Also, you should check out an EP they did with Vashti Bunyan called 'Prospect Hummer' if you haven't yet. as you can tell, im a bit obsessed :laughing:
A friend of mine (@Crayon) just gave me this today!
Animal Collective Complete Discography @ 196kbps mp3 Torrent - btjunkie :laughing:

·
Registered
569 Posts
im an infp but found this in the "similar threads" of an infp post and i can relate to this too. i am exactly like you and i love daydreaming on long car rides :) i like to listen to Owl City, Globus, and various favorite trance songs when i daydream, but it really depends on the mood of the daydream on what music i choose but those are some of my favorites. i daydream a lot, and it seems for me music enhances it and helps me be creative.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I daydream 24/7. When it comes to music I am all over the place, depending on my mood; it's either country, rock/hard rock, pop rock, techno, emo, jazz, rap. Pretty much anything, really

·
Banned
54 Posts
I never knew that INFJs were known for being dreamers, but I suppose that explains why I'm such a day dreamer. So I wanted to know when is everyones favorite time to day dream and do you have anything particular that you like to listen to when let your mind wander? I love day dreaming on long car trips because I can just sit in the back with some headphones on and not be bothered. Animal Collective and Ratatat are what I usually listen to. Their songs have a lot of personality and strange noises, which are musical deal breakers for me :happy:. But I also like listening to songs that I can tie to certain experiences I've had or would like to have. It's almost like having certain things I like to think about to certain songs. It's kind of hard to explain, but since this is would be the place to find the most extreme day dreamers I thought I'd give it a shot! Here are a few of my favorites.
I'm glad you brought up the point about how you can be happy to simply listen to music with headphones on and daydream. I do this almost every day. I am fully content in just letting my mind wander. I wish I could have a soundtrack for every aspect of my life; that's how much I truly delight in music and imagination. I usually listen to ambient chill out music, with bands such as Cinephile (obviously), Warpaint, and Enigma as my favorites.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Daydreaming is awesome. I pretty much daydream everyday and it's super common when I'm talking to people. Sometimes I set aside time to just lay on my bed and daydream. Lately though, I've been riding my bike and exploring new parts of the city with my iPod and I just zone out like crazy. I used to listen to alot of AnCo and especially their Fall be Kind EP. Now I listen to mostly Explosions in the Sky, Nujabes's Metaphorical Music and TOKiMONSTA.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I daydream in the car, when working on a project - especially if it's repainting a room. I find that music helps me zone out even more! :) I love all your music selections by the way! It's nice to have some more to assist my thoughts.

·
Banned
54 Posts

Sigur Ros - Svefn-G-Englar
Beautiful song, beautiful video, beautiful message. It's a shame that more music like this doesn't come around very often. Whenever I listen to sounds like those it fills me with an overwhelming sense of peace, like someone letting me know that everything will be alright. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
DreamingAngel:

I love to daydream anytime anyplace as long as I'm dreaming. I dream day, night, or even in between. Even when I try not to, I still can't help but to dream about my future. I love to daydream while listening to music, especially when I'm in the back seat of the car. The window down, the music up as high as it can go, and dreaming about everything that's possible and impossible!!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I daydream almost constantly, though with me it may in some ways be a bit of an escape from reality. But i find that when I daydream and listen to music I don't have to think in words I can just watch pictures in my mind. I've found a few other people I know who do the same - it's like watching the music video to the song :D In my case, it just tends to be a repeated set of images that go with each part of the music and often the same actions will just be on a loop. But it is never boring because I feel sensations in my body that go with the video.

So, there's one song which I listen to and when I do I see a little blue bird, animated old-style like the snowman, creep along a branch to take it's first flight. I like the part where he stands on the final edge of the twig, about to fly and I can feel the vertigo in my stomach. But then he jumps and swoops gracefully in the air and even as I'm writing this I can feel the nerves in my feet tingling. I wouldn't say I get more emotional - it isn't that kind of feeling, although it almost always feels exhilarating - it's more of a sensation that's actually in my body, as if my body were doing the same thing as the bird's is.

Anyway - yeah, that's why I like daydreaming and listening to music. To me I just fall into my imagination a bit, in that my body plays a part and I feel things physically as I see them in my mind. I don't tend to have a vivid imagination without music, though - I think it's a synaesthesia thing. Although if I am really lost in a daydream it will feel like it's happening to me and in those cases I will feel the emotions of the imaginary me in the totally imaginary scenario!

Also, if I'm alone and completely into a daydream, I will mouth the conversation and gesticulate as if it's happening.

By the way - if anyone else does this - found out recently that this means you have a strong imagination, but you can easily be irrational and are very suggestible (you would be easily hypnotised). Those who don't do these kind of things are more rational and not very suggestible but they also don't have a very good imagination.

So winners and losers on both sides there! Must be honest, I'd always seen myself as a very rational thinker though....:-/

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I never knew that INFJs were known for being dreamers, but I suppose that explains why I'm such a day dreamer. So I wanted to know when is everyones favorite time to day dream and do you have anything particular that you like to listen to when let your mind wander? I love day dreaming on long car trips because I can just sit in the back with some headphones on and not be bothered. Animal Collective and Ratatat are what I usually listen to. Their songs have a lot of personality and strange noises, which are musical deal breakers for me :happy:. But I also like listening to songs that I can tie to certain experiences I've had or would like to have. It's almost like having certain things I like to think about to certain songs. It's kind of hard to explain, but since this is would be the place to find the most extreme day dreamers I thought I'd give it a shot! Here are a few of my favorites.

YouTube - Animal Collective - My Girls

YouTube - Animal Collective - Peacebone

YouTube - RATATAT - Bare Feast
Awww, man, I love Animal Collective toooo.
I used to listen to my headphones on the way to and from school on the bus when I was younger. That was my favourite part of the day. I would dream up music videos to the songs I would listen to and look out the window, incorporating the scenery into my fantasy music videos.
I like to go outside and swing on my swinging bench and listen to my ipod pretty much every day, even if it's just for a song or two. And I'll dramatically act out songs, sing and dance, jump on the furniture when I'm home alone. [I'm 22]
I'm much more relaxed in my life after I have a break for dreamtime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love daydreaming, but I wish I had more control over it. Especially in school, one minute I'll be working on a school work, then I'll drift off into an alternate dimension with fish people. I probably live there for years, raising my fishy family, and then suddenly I pop out of my dream into reality and not even a minute has passed!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I absolutely love daydreaming, especially while taking the train to university. Or while I'm walking through the forest. I like to listen to music that somehow takes me far away and helps me to imagine another world. I have a special playlist which I'm listening when I'm writing on my story, mostly consisting of world music, medieval music and sometimes prog rock and post rock or some ambient music.

Some of my favorites:

Azam Ali - In Other Worlds:

The Imagined Village - Cold Haily Rainy Night:

Pictorial Wand - The Ghosts Start Dancing:

Peter Gabriel - Downside Up:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm so bad about day dreaming! I would guess I'm in daydream stage nearly 70% of the time. It's awful. I like your music selection! Animal collective FTW! If it's r&b im probably dancing in my car, if it's classical im daydreaming+humming which is a bad combo cause I don't really remember driving. I totally blackout and end up at the destination, hahahaha.
This happens to me as well while driving, often enough to feel concerning. It really freaks me out. I"ll literally think.. wait... how did I get here? Did I run a red light? Did I cut someone off? Oh sh**.

Daydreaming was a big part of my childhood, and still a reasonably decent portion of my adult life. I remember laying on my bed for hours, just staring off and imagining all sorts of things as I listened to various musics. Occasionally I've been able to use this habit to daydream plots or words for writing.

I like symphonic soundtrack music usually, music without words, music that feels open and expansive (like a good imagination) for when I'm daydreaming...

(the only videos for this song were either lord of the rings, or synchronized car ballet... so, I chose LotR)

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
Music is my doorway to "there" which is "not here" hahaha. I think that's why I have such a diverse taste in music. I have many feelings and thoughts swirling around this noggin of mine. I like losing myself in music that caters to it...I don't like listening to depressing things when I'm feeling sad though. When I was a teenager I did though. I was sooo into Tori Amos and Nirvana back then hahaha. Still like Nirvana though.....

In general I'm a habitual daydreamer. I often find myself looking into space thinking about something in my head. I have to be careful though, because sometimes strangers think I'm staring at them when I'm really stuck on something in my head.

Certain people (very few) I'm on the phone with are very engaged in what I may have to say. For that, I have to purpose myself to cut out all distractions and make myself focus on what the other person has to say...because I value them and their thoughts. It's not that I'm disinterested, but I can go on a long tangent in my head on something they said like 30 mins ago. I've gotten so used to most people not really interested in what I have to say that I've taken advantage of it by daydreaming and saying little connectors like, "Oh really? Now that's interesting. What makes you think that?" to rev them up talking again hahaha. Therefore, it can be quite jarring when someone asks me my thoughts on things XD.

I love daydreaming. My daydreams give me something to grasp onto when I want to dip out of reality. I usually plug back in to reality with new ideas and such. That's why I'm obsessive with my mini-notepads all over the place. I can relate to almost everyone here...feels good to know I'm not alone!

Oh yeah,
Here's a song I like falling into...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts