Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

Reactions: Paulie

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I always thought this tune was haunting, it's how I learned what a minor chord was.

Reactions: Paulie

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #245

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
So many good ones from @Paulie ! I really loved that first song @Instinktual but it was just your turn. Also, I’m really liking Nightwish. This is a great way to get acquainted with new bands because I’m listening more carefully to the songs for the topic!

Thank you everybody!

I think @mistakenforstranger is getting this one for the song by The Zombies. So mistaken, you get to choose the topic now.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Ok, I wanted to go through the whole thread to see what topics had been covered so far, so not to repeat one. Here’s what’s been chosen so far:

Teenagers
Life
Dreams
Mythical animals
Birds (Who knew there were so many songs about birds?)
Futility
Moon
Black
Show tunes
The Ocean/sailing
Mental illness/insanity
Time and/or growing older

This round I’ll go with one of my favorite topics (Type 4, that I am) unrequited love!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
One of my favorite songs...

I was trying to think of non romantic love unrequited love songs. Can anyone think of any others? I know @Llyralen already posted this but it was for the time category.

Once again, sorry to hit and run but don't pick me, I am only posting on the weekends this month and I don't want to slow down this thread by not being here. I would like to participate more because this is a fun thread.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
One of my favorite songs...

I was trying to think of non romantic love unrequited love songs. Can anyone think of any others? I know.
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I've got lots of songs for the topic of unrequited love! lol Don't close it out yet!
I love those songs, Nesta. I like the This Mortal Coil cover of I Am the Cosmos too....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Oh yes! Oh Yes! I've got lots of songs for the topic of unrequited love! lol Don't close it out yet!
I love those songs, Nesta. I like the This Mortal Coil cover of I Am the Cosmos too....
I love This Mortal Coil. I think one of the most interesting things is they covered a great deal of really amazing songs. I found out about many musicians that I like just by going backwards and seeing who did the originals of TMC songs. I love Ivo-Watts Russell's voice. I think The Jeweler is one of my favorite all time songs.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
By the way, I see The Rebel Song as a prime example of Fi (ISFP) in it's bravest context. Sinead shames me with how brave her Fi is. This is unrequited love from an entire country that she is singing about and I admire the Fi that won't quit no matter what.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
I love This Mortal Coil. I think one of the most interesting things is they covered a great deal of really amazing songs. I found out about many musicians that I like just by going backwards and seeing who did the originals of TMC songs. I love Ivo-Watts Russell's voice. I think The Jeweler is one of my favorite all time songs.
o_O YES! Agreed on This Mortal Coil covers! I always thought it was...what was his name? Something Appleton singing The Jeweller. I didn't know Ivo sang... As far as I know.... Does Ivo sing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filigree_&_Shadow

Here's Cocteau Twin's song "Ivo" to give a quick tribute though: (This is OFF-TOPIC!)

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

French singer Patricia Kass same song

241 - 260 of 1615 Posts