1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I find it strange that my 3 favorite songs are:
1. Sweet Child O' Mine-Guns N' Roses:crazy:
2. Foreplay/Long Time-Boston:ninja:
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking for-U2:cool: (likely because I'm Irish)
In no particular order others that I really like:
Simple Man
Remember the Name-Fort Minor
Til I Collapse-Eminem
Carry on Wayward Son- Kansas
Baba O' Reily- The Who
That's All-Genesis
I like a lot of other music but rock seems to be my favorite to listen to even though most of the people don't really like it all that much. I really find it weird that my 3 favorite songs kind of reflect how an ISFJ feels about some things but I didn't really notice when I first heard these songs why I liked them so much without knowing the lyrics. I'm interested in what others favorite songs are because I was wondering if others. I like to try new music so I might like what others say in respond :happy:.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Cool. Well I'm mainly into rock n roll. 50s 60s 70s stuff. I'll post a few of my favorites. The first one very well could be my favorite ever. its certainly one of the most beautiful songs ever

Beach Boys are my favorite guy group, thats probably my favorite song of theirs too, love that nostalgia. Shangri Las are my favorite girl group, and thats probably my favorite song from them. I also really dig Feist, Bob Dylan, Four Tops, Temptations, Ronnettes, Van Morrison, MGMT, Metric, Poppy family, Neil Diamond, Buddy Holly, Weezer
theres more whatever. I'll leave with this MGMT song, another of my favorites:

Reactions: John T Nelson

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't know if I have top songs, but I have a few favorites. Off the top of my head, here are a few:
Yellow by Coldplay
Laughing With by Regina Spektor
Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens
Gravity by Sara Bareilles
Give Me to the Waves by General Ghost
Every Breath by Gungor

I haven't really thought about whether these songs are ISFJ-related or not. Hmm...

I generally listen to mellow and/or eclectic indie music and swing/blues music for dancing purposes. My newest obsessions are Darwin Deez, The Civil Wars, Of Monsters and Men, and The Brilliance.

For discovering new music, Turntable.fm is my current favorite coupled with Spotify. :)

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Kind of a sad one, but honest:

Happier, a bit more saccharine:

A Videogame song to be cool like @bob_toeback :

I like to get into specific bands and look into a lot of their catalogs(albums). I like music and melodies a little more than lyrics, but both are very important to me!

Reactions: bob_toeback

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Mr Gnome and Sia Probably cover the spectrums of my taste, Mr Gnome spreading further into alternative and depressing music, for lack of a better word, and Sia Spreading into pop and such like, folky stuff in between.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hmm, interesting. My music tastes apparently are pretty different...

I can't pick a "top 3" of my favorite songs, because there's just too many, but here are some of my all-time favorites -

"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Drops of Jupiter" - Train
"Heartbreak Warfare" - John Mayer
"Terrified" - Katharine McPhee
"Good Girl" - Carrie Underwood (huge Carrie Underwood fan)
"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham!
"Make Me Wanna Die" - The Pretty Reckless
"Paradise City" - Guns N Roses
"Break Me Out" - The Rescues
"I Run to You" - Lady Antebellum

I absolutely love talking about music. The above list is a pretty small but varied sampling of the stuff that I listen to. I guess the only types of music I don't really like a lot of are rap, super indie/alt-rock, and heavy metal. The other stuff is fine and bearable, but I'm not a fan of super-commercialized pop (think Katy Perry, Rihanna, LMFAO).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really don't have a distinct musical taste, and I never really have. I pretty much try to find songs that I like that aren't popular so I feel like I have unique taste- although I really don't. I'll tend to get obsessed with one song for a few weeks, play it over and over again as I do my homework, then move onto something else. Some of my favorite songs right now are:

Boats and Birds- Gregory and the Hawk
Give Your Heart a Break- Demi Lovato
Do Better- Say Anything
Hallelujah- Rufus Wainwright (I find this one especially odd since I'm not religious at all...)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Truthfully, I'd be more into rock music if I wasn't against it for religious reasons. I stick to classical stuff for the most part, considering I really enjoy singing myself. My favorite band of all time is Celtic Woman. Chloe Agnew is sort of my hero, haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hip-hop mostly, some metal now since my trainer is always playing it when doing circuit training. Most of my friends are metalheads, slowly getting into some rap.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hardcore punk, metal, dub, noise, post-rock, hip-hop, ska, a lil' bit of jazz, and everything in between :p

Here are a few of my favourite songs (atm):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts