Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I've decided I really need to get back into reading. 15 years old here, and I've always wanted to read a lot more but get distracted by too much (video games i'm looking at you cause friends aren't too easy to come by to). What are some books that are pretty suitable for an infj teen?

If anyone's wondering I'm reading Half-Brother by Kenneth Oppel :)

Reactions: segway92

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.

Reactions: Emerald Legend

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I really liked the Crank series by Ellen Hopkins when I was 15/16.

You might also enjoy John Green, if you haven't read his books already - I recommend Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson (co-written with David Levithan).

I've never read Half-Brother but I did a quick lookup and a recommendation that immediately comes to mind is Unwind by Neal Shusterman.

Also, read Jurassic Park (Michael Crichton) - one of the best films ever made, and the book is easily ten times better.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Although you have probably already encountered and read it - if you have not: Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

Although like War and Peace being actually about life and love, To Kill a Mockingbird does not tend to increase one's knowledge and proficiency in hunting and killing mockingbirds. False advertising perhaps, but read it anyway.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
The Dark Elf Trilogy: "Homeland", "Exile", "Sojourn" (Forgotten Realms) and The Catcher in the Rye, seem to be highly recommended books... not ones I have read yet, but on my 'to read' list amongst about 60 others.I still quite enjoy the Heroes Of Olympus at 26 when I only discovered the series last year, as not too serious mythology adaptations and engrossing easy reading (still waiting for the next one in October to be released).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Anything by Jane Austen
The Ice Age by Kirsten Reed
Anything by H.P. Lovecraft
The Merchant Of Venice by Shakespeare

Try reading as many classic books as you can, they're amazingly good and will improve your reading level and vocabulary. I particularly enjoy a lot of stuff from the 19th to the 20th century :) Poetry is also pretty good to read, if you find people you enjoy.

Reactions: HAL 9000

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Hamlet by Shakespeare. Read it first and then see a production of it, if you can.

Reactions: LesleySolitude

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys! had to return half brother cause I found out I had to return the book the day after I decided to pick it up again...
But I found a book that seems to fit in with mbti a bit and being divided into groups. Anyone read divergent here?

·
Registered
538 Posts
When I was a teen I read lots of Shakespeare, Chaucer, Poe, etc. and books on things I was interested in like Graphology, color psychology, dream psychology, etc. Also, poetry...my favorite poetry collection was 101 Famous Poems by Roy Cook. I loved and still love anything by Sir Walter Scott or Jane Austen. The Bible is a favorite of mine and many of our type, as well. Today, I like fiction, but only if it has strong character development and flows well.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Also, read Jurassic Park (Michael Crichton) - one of the best films ever made, and the book is easily ten times better.
(Ahh! Favorite book/movie ever! xD They are so different that you can enjoy both immensely. )

IMG_1215.jpg

Other than Perks of Being a Wallflower and Jurassic Park, I really enjoyed Saving Max.

Reactions: Sun Lips

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(Ahh! Favorite book/movie ever! xD They are so different that you can enjoy both immensely. )

View attachment 79700

Other than Perks of Being a Wallflower and Jurassic Park, I really enjoyed Saving Max.
completely unrelated but I like your profile picture :D

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
completely unrelated but I like your profile picture :D
Thanks :D I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out already. I haven't played the game your avatar is from, but I have heard great things about it!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The Seer and the Sword - Victoria Hanley

Dune (heavy read, and slow going if i remember, but it was an interesting world to me)
Pendragon series - D. J. MacHale

Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathan Stroud

I liked fantasy :kitteh:. I can't remember all the other ones lol. Too bad I can't take you with me to the library. I could point out oodles of fantastic books that way.

*edit* Oh! And Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

I remember being 15 :shocked:. 5yrs ago. So long ago but so close too.

·
Banned
670 Posts
I really liked the Crank series by Ellen Hopkins when I was 15/16.

You might also enjoy John Green, if you haven't read his books already - I recommend Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson (co-written with David Levithan).

I've never read Half-Brother but I did a quick lookup and a recommendation that immediately comes to mind is Unwind by Neal Shusterman.

I watched a crash course in world history by John Green= same guy that wrote those books! My friend read his books and loved them (although I have not yet read any yet) just felt a need to point that out

Reactions: Sun Lips
1 - 20 of 34 Posts