Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're sick of seeing different results on the MBTI tests that you're taking, follow my advice. I was once in your shoes, but I realize something very strange today. I decided to take a few quizzes out of sheer boredom, but this time, rather than taking a lot of time and painstakingly trying to see which answers seem to fit me... I just go through each questions as fast as I can. When I see a question and the answers below, I literally let my brain, my heart, and my hand go to the answer that they like best. I don't stop and "think" about how that might be wrong... I just click, and boom! Onto the next question. I do this as quickly as I can. I let my brain go "PICK THAT PICK THAT DON'T THINK JUST DO IT" and I just do it. No thinking, no hesitation, just do it.

The result: 3 different quizzes state that I'm an INFP and only one suggests that I'm an INFJ. (The last one I might have did it a bit too fast, lol.)

That's my advice for those who are struggling with which personality type they are... Don't think too long, don't hesitate, don't worry about how it might look like to you/other people, and let your hand do the answering. I hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you trust that the test you are taking is valid, take the test 100 times over the course of 6 mos (to account for variation in mood). Each time, record the percentages and ignore the letters. After the 100th time, average out your scores. You now can quantify your type. Then next time someone questions your type, "hey you are no xxxx because you suck!", then just email them your spreadsheet as proof.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I don't know, I keep getting impulses to put something that I know isn't me at all. I have to think about it at least a little bit before I put an answer.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've read this somewhere before. I think it does make sense.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you trust that the test you are taking is valid, take the test 100 times over the course of 6 mos (to account for variation in mood). Each time, record the percentages and ignore the letters. After the 100th time, average out your scores. You now can quantify your type. Then next time someone questions your type, "hey you are no xxxx because you suck!", then just email them your spreadsheet as proof.
I could do that, but I'm a lazy INFP.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The problem I have with this method is that after you take the tests enough times, you start to know exactly what they are testing for with each question.

At that point in time, I don't think it matters how fast you take the test. You still know what they are asking. It's probably best to slow down when you get there, think very hard, and take an honest look at yourself and what you're really like.

Of course, by the time you know what the tests are asking you, you should probably just start studying cognitive functions instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts