Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't much understand the ennagram thing, I read the types, took an online test, but couldn't determine myself
... help appreciated
and what is the #w# thing mean? is it Type# WITH a little type#.....?

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Belonging, purpose. The perfect fit. The right thing to do. Aligning myself with God's hope for me. Being a good person, worker, spouse, etc.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
All that my potential ultimatly can. For now, get a career going. Later, have kids and give them a better up bringing than I had. Someday, do something to help others. If possible, save the world.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
Being mediocre. Living paycheck to paycheck. Being lazy.
Being valued for who I am is important to me, I am super awesome, genuine, and smart but in the "professinoal world"...
I want a career that will utilize my talents effectivly.

4. What are your biggest fears? Why?
Not able to have career (I don't fit in well with society)
Fail as a parent (I'm not a parent yet, but that is the one thing I think, if anything, I'd be best at)
Go my whole life without ever helping God/ humanity (incase I get too lazy or selfish when I finally have money to make a differnece in the world)

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
For who I am, not just how I act around them.
I am a contradiction. I'm happy go lucky, I'm reclusive and depressed. I'm enthusiastic, I'm a river of doubt. I make friends easily, I don't have an interest in having friends. I'm a hippy at heart, I'm a conservative. I love technology, I fantasize about living in the forest.
I'm an ENFP!
I'm an extreme personality!

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Being awesome at something, whatever it may be. Bonus - everyone reconizes it.
Not having something to do/worth doing, or not being able to do it.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger at injustice - Goes away slowly, lots of arguing in my head with the unjust person. Articulation is bad when facing it.
Intrapersonal anger - Short burst, goes away, I appolagize.
Shame - get depressed when not being "godlike", known to take it out on myself pretty hard.
Anxiety - A little anxiety, I fight through it. If it is too much, tv, video games, or go out for fun, or drink alot.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress - see anxiety ^^^
Change - like water (like nothing)
Conflict - Depends on the person... see anger ^^^

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
Authority - if the person is a just person I am like a puppy following them around.
Else, see anger at injustice ^^^

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life is fucked up. Humanity is fucked up. I see myself as both abnormal to the rule, and subject to it. My goal is to be a good person, find good people, and help decent people be truly good people.
Sometimes I think, shoot myself, shoot everyone... Sometimes I think, get over it, just do the best you can. Sometimes my best isn't good enough, sometimes my best is better than everyone else's best.

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
see next

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I am naturally too trusting at times... it has mostly lead me to be completly untrusting. Sadly I have lost a lot of trust in myself, and struggle to put my trust solely in God's hands.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
I like that I am good at conflict resolution with my spouse. (also potentially with anyone, but people don't listen)
I am genuine, sharp, funny, creative, and empathetic.
I think too much, I can't finish anything, these lead me to be depressed.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I see where people are comming from. Why they feel a certain way about thing, based on their experiences and reactions to those experiences. I can empathize with people, something I don't see others doing.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If insulted I usually feel bad for that person more than for myself.
I love compliments, but only when they are genuine.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
Greatful for my wife, home to live in, car to drive, and other basic nessesities. Because I don't take it for grantid that I HAVE THEM.
Wish I had direction/mentor for my career/ all the other "adult" shit in life.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yeah, you can think of wings that way. So 3w4 would be core of Three, "aspects" of Four mixed in. That's probably not a perfectly technically correct way of looking at it, but it works. ^^ Since you haven't read too much into the Enneagram, I might as well mention a few things you may not have heard yet. You know there are Nine types. Types 2,3, and 4 are the "Image" or "Heart" triad. Types 5,6, and 7 are the "head" triad. And types 8,9, and 1 are the "gut" triad. If you've heard people talking about "tritypes", your tritype is when you choose one number from each of the triads. One number is your core. The rest kind of "support" it (again, not 100% technically correct). I hope that isn't too confusing. You can ask clarifying questions.

Now, I can't exactly tell what your core is at the moment. I see many possibilities. I can't tell what your core is yet, but I think I can see 2w3 or 3w2 as your image fix (By 'fix' I mean it could simply be in your tritype, not your core). I can see 6w7 or 7w6 as your head type, perhaps. And I can see 1w2 as your gut fix. I can't tell which is your core.

Here's some wonderful websites with good descriptions, tell me what you think about the types:

the enneagram ...info from the underground
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

I suggest reading up on the Enneagram. It can be a bit difficult to figure out your type at first because you have to really get down to the underlying motives in what you do.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Agreed. I'm thinking 7w6 (as your core type) 2w3 (as your heart fix) 1w2 (as your gut fix) So/Sp

7's may look like 3's but I don't think you are. You like to keep your options open (change is like water to you).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts