Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Fun. Finding the bright side in any situation and making it funny, not taking life so seriously. Spontaneity, high energy, laughter...

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to be able to rely on myself financially, and after that....fun fun fun, I don't know, just new experiences, lots of friends, nothing planned... whatever happens...happens.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid hurting others, unintentionally (I know I wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally), I hope to avoid being a people pleaser, and just be able to worry about myself, not letting others get to me.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Boredom, sadness, expectations from others. Because I like freedom and I like fun and I hate responsibilities that others try to put on me, I want to live my life the way I chose.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as fun to be around and independent, but also that they can depend on me in a time of need. That's how I see myself.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best-being financially independent and experiencing life to the max. Worst-not having money and feeling like a burden when others think they need to take care of me.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a)anger - i'm usually more annoyed then angry, but if i get angry I blame myself, I should not let anything get to me to the point where I'm angry.
b)shame - i don't experience shame too often, usually i turn it into something funny. I guess sometimes i get ashamed if I don't understand something right away, I feel stupid.
c)anxiety - I am anxious most of the time, but people don't think this, I appear confident but inside I'm always freaking out, not sure why... I guess the fear of appearing stupid (like on job interviews and stuff)

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a)stress - i'm stressed when things are not happening right away, i'm very impatient. i'm more anxious then stressed, i feel antsy and restless.
b)unexpected change - i usually like it... change is good :)
c)conflict - i have no problem with conflict, but others take it personal and that's annoying so i try to avoid it for their sake. But I don't do a very good job because it's fun to me, i think i create conflict out of boredom.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a)authority - I don't have a problem with authority as long as I still have some freedom to be myself.
b)power - The only power I want is the power to be independent. People that try to have power over others is very silly to me, because who cares? Just let everyone live the way they want...

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think people are taking life too seriously, and forget to have fun. Sometimes I fall for it and get depressed because I try to find people to enjoy life with but they become all sad and negative and they bring me down.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Talking to my sister and finally understanding her point of view, she says I should be nicer and more sensitive, and I get it now, I don't have to be logical and rational all the time, I can just accept that some people don't want advice, they just need a hug or something. This was huge for me because now I don't have to think about their problems and come up with solutions, I can just let them be, I just say "awww" and give them a hug, and they appreciate it more then me giving advice (not all people, but some...)

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
Trust is such a heavy word, why put your trust in anything or anyone, besides yourself? I trust myself to be the best I can be for myself, and bring some joy and good advice in others lives, but besides that, I don't care about trust... too confining and too many expectations come along with this word. I don't like it.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a)like- i'm good at giving advice and coming up with solutions quite fast, i like that i can be really funny and fun when i'm at my best, i like that i'm independent and i don't hold anyone responsible for me, i like that i don't take life so seriously (most of the time)
b)dislike- i dislike that i fall into depression quite easily and when i do i forget all of the above about myself and i start acting the opposite of who i am, i start feeling insecure, if i'm not independent, i start feeling like a burden to others who help me, and i start taking shit too seriously, i start getting paranoid about things that i normally don't even care about. But that's only when I'm depressed, I don't dislike anything about myself when I'm ok.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
A lot of things. How people lie to themselves, pretending they're ok with their lives when they're not, and not doing anything to change it because they don't know how or they are used to it... I think that bothers me the most about some people... they complain all the time but do nothing to change it, they don't even want to think about what they should do, they enjoy complaining I guess...

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If they insult me, I think they are jealous and I either tell them that to their face or I insult them on the opposite of what they said about me (like if they say i'm too mean, i'll say they're too sensitive)... if they compliment me I say thanks and I'm glad they noticed...

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) A pretty rational thought process and the ability to tell when others are trying to bullshit. Oh and family, because sometimes I need a place to stay.lol. and they can be fun at times. :) ... I would say friends, but i don't have many because most people are boring to me.
b)I wish i could have a job, one that i enjoy at least somewhat, and after I get the job I can make friends that do fun things, like play volleyball and barbecues, fun people, that like to laugh...

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Well, seeing as I'm the one who showed you the questionnaire, it's only right that I do a proper analysis. Here we go!

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Fun. Finding the bright side in any situation and making it funny, not taking life so seriously. Spontaneity, high energy, laughter...
This is a very sevenish answer. Love, laughter, happiness; these are all things that sevens are very fixated on.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I hope to be able to rely on myself financially, and after that....fun fun fun, I don't know, just new experiences, lots of friends, nothing planned... whatever happens...happens.
More seven: the bit about new experiences stands out especially clearly. Sevens are experience junkies; the reason behind that is that sevens are looking for something worth immersing themselves in. As we actualize, we tend to stay with things that make us happy, and are totally immersed in the wonderful feeling of pursuing the right thing for us.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid hurting others, unintentionally (I know I wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally), I hope to avoid being a people pleaser, and just be able to worry about myself, not letting others get to me.
More seven. We typically like to remain unattached to others, though we like to have them around to make things more enjoyable. Sevens look to their own needs, and often see people who want to depend on them as being an unnecessary burden to their enjoyment.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Boredom, sadness, expectations from others. Because I like freedom and I like fun and I hate responsibilities that others try to put on me, I want to live my life the way I chose.
More seven; huge emphasis on freedom, here, and more of the wish to avoid boredom, which is a central issue to all of us.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as fun to be around and independent, but also that they can depend on me in a time of need. That's how I see myself.
I'd say this is a fairly sevenish answer, and it runs counter to the wish to remain unattached (my guess is that, while you're ready to help your friends out in a time of need, and that you want to make sure your friends are well-cared for, you still wouldn't like them depending too heavily on you). Bringing the theme of independence is also somewhat indicative of an eight-wing, although I'd expect 7w6s to also desire independence.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best-being financially independent and experiencing life to the max. Worst-not having money and feeling like a burden when others think they need to take care of me.
Any type would want financial independence; money means different things to different types. The experience bit, though, makes it clear that it's from a sevenish desire for freedom and breadth of experience. I'd equate the desire not to be a burden as the negative form of the desire to remain unattached and free; can't do that if you're in debt to someone who owns your wallet, can you? It's probably also out of pride (that would be the biggest one for me, though the former would obviously come into play).

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
c)anxiety - I am anxious most of the time, but people don't think this, I appear confident but inside I'm always freaking out, not sure why... I guess the fear of appearing stupid (like on job interviews and stuff)[/I]
This is very indicative of six, or at least, a 6-wing (I don't think you're a six; you're too carefree and optimistic for that). 7w6s tend to be more in touch with their anxiety, while 7w8s tend to be in denial of its existence.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a)stress - i'm stressed when things are not happening right away, i'm very impatient. i'm more anxious then stressed, i feel antsy and restless.

The anxiety is a head triad trait, since it's basically just fear located in the head (running through bad scenarios, verbalizing your fear in your mind, etc). Again, since you seem so in-touch with your anxiety, I'd put this down to a w6.

b)unexpected change - i usually like it... change is good :)
I agree. :wink:

c)conflict - i have no problem with conflict, but others take it personal and that's annoying so i try to avoid it for their sake. But I don't do a very good job because it's fun to me, i think i create conflict out of boredom.
Conflict avoidance is a central trait of a few types (9s and phobic 6s being the main ones I'm thinking of), and out of the two Type 7 variants, it's a feature of 7w6s more than it is of w8s. However, causing conflict for the fun of it strikes me as w8 or even core eightish (w8 being more likely). 7w8s are more chaotic and unrestrained, more likely to move against other people, while 7w6s are more quick, airy, and manic, more likely to want to incorporate other people.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a)authority - I don't have a problem with authority as long as I still have some freedom to be myself.

Naturally. Quite a core 7 answer there; more focus on freedom...

b)power - The only power I want is the power to be independent. People that try to have power over others is very silly to me, because who cares? Just let everyone live the way they want...
...and so is this.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think people are taking life too seriously, and forget to have fun. Sometimes I fall for it and get depressed because I try to find people to enjoy life with but they become all sad and negative and they bring me down.
Wow, you are such a seven it's not even funny. I can't even point out all the ways this points to core 7: the carefree attitude to life, moving toward people for the sake of your own enjoyment, eternal flight from negativity... either you're a seven, or you're putting on a Type Seven persona to mess with me. :tongue:

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Talking to my sister and finally understanding her point of view, she says I should be nicer and more sensitive, and I get it now, I don't have to be logical and rational all the time, I can just accept that some people don't want advice, they just need a hug or something. This was huge for me because now I don't have to think about their problems and come up with solutions, I can just let them be, I just say "awww" and give them a hug, and they appreciate it more then me giving advice (not all people, but some...)
Eh, that didn't give me too much; I did see another vague undercurrent of the sevenish desire to avoid negative states of mind, though. I bolded the appropriate statement. There's also quite a bit of happiness in the approval of others; that's generally a w6 trait (it's also an image triadic statement, but since you're happy that you don't have to help them, it's not evidence of being a 2 or having a 2-fix, and it's not really the same sort of image-focus you'd see in a core 3 [they don't really want to be seen as nice, they want to be seen as impressive in order to combat the feeling of worthlessness they have at the core]).

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
Trust is such a heavy word, why put your trust in anything or anyone, besides yourself? I trust myself to be the best I can be for myself, and bring some joy and good advice in others lives, but besides that, I don't care about trust... too confining and too many expectations come along with this word. I don't like it.
I've bolded the sevenish statements, here. I think I see some evidence of a 2-fix here, as well.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a)like- i'm good at giving advice and coming up with solutions quite fast, i like that i can be really funny and fun when i'm at my best, i like that i'm independent and i don't hold anyone responsible for me, i like that i don't take life so seriously (most of the time)

Your sevenishness is showing. :wink: I'd point out which parts were seven-like, but pretty much everything here is. Positivity seems to be a theme here.

b)dislike- i dislike that i fall into depression quite easily and when i do i forget all of the above about myself and i start acting the opposite of who i am, i start feeling insecure, if i'm not independent, i start feeling like a burden to others who help me, and i start taking shit too seriously, i start getting paranoid about things that i normally don't even care about. But that's only when I'm depressed, I don't dislike anything about myself when I'm ok.
This is also very sevenlike. You're also describing a drop into paranoia and insecurity, which would seem to suggest, yet again, a 6-wing. And of course, you like yourself a lot normally, which is true of us most of the time. :tongue:

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
A lot of things. How people lie to themselves, pretending they're ok with their lives when they're not, and not doing anything to change it because they don't know how or they are used to it... I think that bothers me the most about some people... they complain all the time but do nothing to change it, they don't even want to think about what they should do, they enjoy complaining I guess...
Somewhat sevenlike; sevens don't deal in negativity, we want to move on to something happier.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If they insult me, I think they are jealous and I either tell them that to their face or I insult them on the opposite of what they said about me (like if they say i'm too mean, i'll say they're too sensitive)... if they compliment me I say thanks and I'm glad they noticed...
Haha! :tongue: Not too much to say here: this isn't really indicative of any type; vaguely sevenish, but that could just be blowback from the gigantic seveny assault I just got from the rest of the questionnaire. Whew!

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) A pretty rational thought process and the ability to tell when others are trying to bullshit. Oh and family, because sometimes I need a place to stay.lol. and they can be fun at times. :) ... I would say friends, but i don't have many because most people are boring to me.

*coughsevencough*

b)I wish i could have a job, one that i enjoy at least somewhat, and after I get the job I can make friends that do fun things, like play volleyball and barbecues, fun people, that like to laugh...
We have a seven!

So, based on these answers, I'd say that 7w6 is the most likely type, and I'm pretty sure you've got a 2-fix. Usually, when I do these, I separate the answers that suggest different types into different colors and weigh them together, but this was so sevenish that I really didn't have to this time. It would have literally just been a sea of one color, and that's just bad for the eyes. :wink:

Congratulations, you're one of us! That is, if you aren't just messing with me.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Dark Romantic , wow you really took your time to analyze all that. THANKS!!!

7 makes sense for me, and no i didn't answer them the wrong way to mess with you, i wouldn't waste my time like that, i actually do want to find out. I don't know what the wings are supposed to mean, i guess i can do some research...

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
@Dark Romantic , wow you really took your time to analyze all that. THANKS!!!

7 makes sense for me, and no i didn't answer them the wrong way to mess with you, i wouldn't waste my time like that, i actually do want to find out. I don't know what the wings are supposed to mean, i guess i can do some research...
Do it! Research is your friend; I'd suggest taking a look at these descriptions:

Typewatch Type 7

Type 7 Description

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Thanks for posting your responses. Few questions for you....

1. Do you prefer the security of a committed relationship or do you often keep your options open and avoid commitment?
  2. Do prefer predictability or like pleasant or exciting surprises and novelty?
  3. Do you find that you control your behavior or are you uninhibited?
  4. Do you find that you constantly analyze and doubt people's motivations?
  5. Are your fears triggered by aspects of your inner world? Or, internal and external aspects?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. Do you prefer the security of a committed relationship or do you often keep your options open and avoid commitment?

This is really hard to answer. I'm happier when I'm single, but I always end up in a relationship... it starts as FWB usually but it ends up in being more. This time I'm in a long distance relationship and I love it because I have freedom and so does he, so if we continue to give each other space, and freedom even when we live together, then I would prefer THIS over being single. But if I get in another relationship where there are expectations set upon me, that I need to do certain things or be a certain way, then I'm outta there. So I'm not really sure.. I guess it depends?
  2. Do prefer predictability or like pleasant or exciting surprises and novelty?

Oh no, I don't like predictability at all. Surprises and novelty, for sure...
  3. Do you find that you control your behavior or are you uninhibited?

Hmm... others would say I'm uninhibited, because I'm "crazy!!!"... but... hmm, it depends I guess. I lean more towards uninhibited I guess. But it's like a 70/30 thing.
  4. Do you find that you constantly analyze and doubt people's motivations?

Yes.
  5. Are your fears triggered by aspects of your inner world? Or, internal and external aspects?

Not sure I understand the question correctly, but I will respond to what I think it means. I think my fear is triggered by external factors. I'm pretty happy with myself, in fact I'm normally super confident, but then others (usually SO or family) will say or do something that I think is very selfish or mean and... the fears come back.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do it! Research is your friend; I'd suggest taking a look at these descriptions:

Typewatch Type 7

Type 7 Description
Those descriptions make sense. I'm more of a wing 6 then 8. Although I'm not sure what wing means, I'll just assume I got some 6 in me.lol. I don't really have any need to control anyone, even if they're trying to control me, I just think it's funny really. Unless I feel "trapped"... then it all goes downhill... I have to read some more of how to control myself from feeling trapped or whatever it is that makes me fall into depression.... caring about what my family thinks of me I guess, seems like a wing 6 problem, and I do have that problem. I'm usually ok until I realize my family sees me as an irresponsible, uncaring, selfish biotch... and I think of myself the opposite of that.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you fear most? What triggers your fears? How do you deal with them?
Mostly I fear anything that isn't fun. I hate the idea that I HAVE to get a job. When I do have a job, it's actually not bad, and I can always find something fun about it, but it's just that IDEA of... doing the same thing every day, wasting my life working, having responsibilities, boredom... that's what i fear the most.

People close to me is what triggers my fears, my family... telling me I need to be more responsible, that I screwed up all my relationships and quit all my jobs in the past because I'm not responsible enough, and I get bored too fast. I always denied this but I guess the only reason it hurt and made me depressed was because it is the truth...

How I deal with my fears? I try to run away, do something stupid, exciting, find someone else who thinks like me and accepts me and thinks I'm awesome lol. Damn I never thought about this stuff, it's just coming out of me but I didn't even know... I'm really glad you asked me these questions, it made me realize a lot!!!

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
What does that mean to have a heart fix?
In tritype theory you have a head fix, heart fix, and gut fix. 5,6,7 comprise the head triad .. 2,3,4 comprise the heart triad...1,8,9 comprise the gut triad. Since your core appears to be 7w6 ... your core is in the head triad. Boss thinks your gut fix is 9...I agree. And, Dark Romantic thinks your heart is possibly in 2. I agree.

More info: Tritype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Mostly I fear anything that isn't fun. I hate the idea that I HAVE to get a job. When I do have a job, it's actually not bad, and I can always find something fun about it, but it's just that IDEA of... doing the same thing every day, wasting my life working, having responsibilities, boredom... that's what i fear the most.

People close to me is what triggers my fears, my family... telling me I need to be more responsible, that I screwed up all my relationships and quit all my jobs in the past because I'm not responsible enough, and I get bored too fast. I always denied this but I guess the only reason it hurt and made me depressed was because it is the truth...

How I deal with my fears? I try to run away, do something stupid, exciting, find someone else who thinks like me and accepts me and thinks I'm awesome lol.
Holy balls!(elegant intro. i know)

I can relate to this quite a bit. I run away----into poetry and creative pursuits more often than not. And doing exciting things, and having fun, and dreading boredom.......yeah, that's me alright. Definite 7w6. Man, people on here are really good at pegging what you are just based on responses like @Boss and @n2freedom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts