Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waterviolet:

Here's a thought. Why not share your dreams? One person's dreams can spark another, and another, and another. Before you know it, dreams can become reality if only you make them known. Other times, people might laugh you off but who cares?! The fact is, share your dreams so you can acknowledge their existance and inspire someone else to dream those dreams for their own lives too!

izzie:

Your optimism puts me in envy :p hahaah

Hmm I'm kind of secretive about a lot of my dreams..I just want to bring them into fruition I guess without being interfered by others

waterviolet:

Who says people will interfere? But then, being an INFJ I don't think I'd ever argue or stand in the way of someone else's dreams. I guess what I'm saying is, people may not know what is possible unless you share dreams they have never imagined before. I find that inspirational! In any case, I wish you the best in what you dream and if you ever wish to share them, I'd be all ears!

izzie:

:p Haha. The thing is.

INFP = Idealistic projection
At the core; over rational cynic behind our fluffy feeling exterior

I get suspicious of other people's motives and generally don't trust them, even though I care about making a difference lol

Ooooh this sounds interesting..I just had a thought..Is it okay if I post our conversations on a thread in INFP forum? If you're okay with it though. Just to talk about dreams/etc.

waterviolet:

Well even an over rational cynic has the ability to inspire people...if you so desire. It's ok to be suspicous of people but don't let that fear control the outcome, sometimes you have to face the fear in order to make dreams become reality! And...yes, it's fine if you'd like to create a thread about dreams in the INFP Forum...maybe it will spark more minds into sharing their dreams...exciting!

What do you think of our conversation? Do you open up about your deepest dreams to the world?

·
Registered
801 Posts
As a matter of fact, I did last night...and yes, it resulted in a few laughs but at least one person at the table showed a spark of inspiration. :tongue:

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
375 Posts
I suppose that sometimes I hold back sharing my deepest dreams with others because those dreams are so intense and integral to my identity that if I were to externalize them it would feel like a risk; a risk that someone may brush off my dream, feeling as if they were devalidating my own core. But I don't really see it that way as much anymore. Feelings lie sometimes, and if I'm constantly vigilant to see where someone may be devalidating me, I'll find it everywhere, but sometimes it has less to do with anyone's intentions to do that, and more about how often people don't understand or haven't seen the importance in trying to understand other people's expressions and dreams.

Now I see it more like an opportunity to add my own unique piece to humanity's dreamscape. When someone sees my dream, they may be inspired and it may lead them to dream something else, which someone else then sees, and a chain reaction follows. Whether in science, art, literature, or any other area of society, there have been dreaming pioneers that created chain effects. Also, because dreaming is sometimes a difficult thing to translate into action, sharing a dream may lead someone else to spur you and motivate you into action to live out your dream. Or simply the act of externalizing the dream verbally or into writing is symbolic of taking what is inside of you and putting it into the world, which can lead to a motivation to continue the process into full fruition.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose that sometimes I hold back sharing my deepest dreams with others because those dreams are so intense and integral to my identity that if I were to externalize them it would feel like a risk; a risk that someone may brush off my dream, feeling as if they were devalidating my own core. But I don't really see it that way as much anymore. Feelings lie sometimes, and if I'm constantly vigilant to see where someone may be devalidating me, I'll find it everywhere, but sometimes it has less to do with anyone's intentions to do that, and more about how often people don't understand or haven't seen the importance in trying to understand other people's expressions and dreams.
Yes sometimes it's hard enough that I can't even explain/ verify some of my dreams properly to myself, they can be so abstract and vision based. Externalizing them would be opening up to risks of outer devalidation when they're not fully ready yet. I prefer to take my time and idealize as much as I want. It's not escaping from reality, but it's ensuring that I have the best interests for them at heart without being too consumed by fear of judgment.

Now I see it more like an opportunity to add my own unique piece to humanity's dreamscape. When someone sees my dream, they may be inspired and it may lead them to dream something else, which someone else then sees, and a chain reaction follows. Whether in science, art, literature, or any other area of society, there have been dreaming pioneers that created chain effects. Also, because dreaming is sometimes a difficult thing to translate into action, sharing a dream may lead someone else to spur you and motivate you into action to live out your dream. Or simply the act of externalizing the dream verbally or into writing is symbolic of taking what is inside of you and putting it into the world, which can lead to a motivation to continue the process into full fruition.
What you wrote about adding your own unique piece to humanity's dreamscape is quite noble and inspiring itself :happy:

I do extend a few unique pieces of myself, as even evident on the internet. However, not the whole of my dream world, I'm not ready for that.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Izzie,
Let me ask you this. My point of view on dreams and sharing them in order to inspire others, has that inspired you? Even if the thought simply sparked you to move forward, ask questions and contemplate sharing....you have been inspired. I also loved the way Matchbook put it in his response to your thread (Humanity's Dreamscape). You have an opportunity to place your stamp on all of humanity so why be fearful of doing so? The key is to not let other's devalue your dreams because they are precious and unique to you as the creator of said dreams. That is an amazing thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts