Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got over a 4 months deadline. Phew.
No more working until pass midnight. Phew.
*dances and jumps and laughs and cries*

That realization begin when my boss called me last week.

Boss: "Are you still in the office?"
Me: "Yeah."
Boss: "Go home. There's no more task for you to do."
Me: "But it's still 5 PM!"
Boss: "LOL. Have a nice weekend, WickedQueen."

And then, bang! I got a slight panic attack.
What should I do now? I've got nothin to do! Shit!

Then I started calling my old friends for a meet up. :laughing:

It's a bit confusing, though. It's like I need some time to get used of having a lot of time doing nothing.

What do you do in your spare time? Give me ideas.
I don't like daydreaming for hours. It's non-productive. I hate wasting my time for nothing. I want some holidays, but my friends were busy and it's not a holiday season anyway.

Well, I can always trolling the PerC trolls... *evil grins* but still... I don't like being online too long. This doesn't sounds like a healthy lifestyle.

Halp?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nothing to do? Sometimes that is the best feeling to me. Boredom can create some of the most beautiful things, or terrible things, depending.

Lately I have been walking a lot. It gives you lots of time to ponder life, but you don't feel like you are accomplishing nothing. I also work on a lot of musical projects, i.e. recording and mixing my and others' music.

I used to watch a lot of Netflix, then suddenly they had a problem with my card when it was renewed, so I went through a season of not watching Netflix and decided I didn't care about it anymore. It's too much work to get through all those seasons of TV shows. Recently I cancelled it for good. During the first couple of days of that, I was like, "What ever will I do????" Then I realized I could do cooler stuff like actually work on something, or read, or actually spend time with people.

I'm a different creature than you, but this is how I roll.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Perhaps you'll get used to having more time off and you won't feel this way. When i was in school, I always felt like I didn't want to have all the free time I was going to have during the summer after being super busy all school year. But then I got used to the free time during the summer.

But find some good books to read in the mean time, or take up learning some skill that could either help you on the job or interest you? There are loads of books that you could buy that would teach you how to do stuff related to technology (like using Excel, Access, how to make webpages, use visual basic, write computer programs in java or C++), etc.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
But find some good books to read in the mean time, or take up learning some skill that could either help you on the job or interest you? There are loads of books that you could buy that would teach you how to do stuff related to technology (like using Excel, Access, how to make webpages, use visual basic, write computer programs in java or C++), etc.
I agree with this idea. Feed the busy mind with some interesting new material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts