Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a messy public breakup, so we're maybe not on the best terms.

She randomly started typing as an INTP (which she clearly is not) shortly after we broke up. I think she is having identity issues because of the break-up.

I kind of want to tell her that she's blatantly mistyped, but I'm afraid of how she'll react. I think she's going to get hurt by pretending to be something she is not.

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Well, whether she does get hurt or not kind of isn't your problem or business now, right? Mind you I'm an intj. Over' equals 'we now occupy separate universes' to me.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,826 Posts
Why do you think she'll get hurt by it?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you think she'll get hurt by it?
Because people will think she's INTP and treat her like an INTP...and that treatment won't be gentle.

Also her ego might disintegrate once she realizes she's another type.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,859 Posts
Because people will think she's INTP and treat her like an INTP...and that treatment won't be gentle.

I'm only hearing your side of the story - but your ex sounds like she is nuts!
My advice would be to just let her do her own thing and don't bother - unless you want to try to get back in a relationship with her.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,826 Posts

It will take much more than that to disintegrate an ego.

Are you sure she actually thinks she's intp?
Maybe she's typing as intp because she finds other people's biases amusing.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,513 Posts
We had a messy public breakup, so we're maybe not on the best terms.

She randomly started typing as an INTP (which she clearly is not) shortly after we broke up. I think she is having identity issues because of the break-up.

I kind of want to tell her that she's blatantly mistyped, but I'm afraid of how she'll react. I think she's going to get hurt by pretending to be something she is not.
I'm thinking it is out of your control now. I suspect you still care about her and genuinely want what's best for her. You have to ask yourself if any sort of intrusion into her life (by you) at this point would do more harm than good. Perhaps she needs to figure this out for herself. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do with someone we love (regardless of how things turned out) is let them go and let them discover our absence of presence in their lives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You sound petty and immature. If she's been mistyped let her know. Stop with the nonsensical rambling about how "her ego won't handle it". It seems like YOUR ego has been hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts