Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a collection of quotes I like to read over on the odd occasion, I thought I would share them with you.
:proud:

“Loneliness does not come*from having no people around you, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to you.” – Carl Jung

“There is nothing to be learned from history anymore.*We’re in science fiction now.”
-Allen Ginsberg

“People don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
-Aristotle

“Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.”
– Arthur Schopenhauer

You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better than everyone else.”
-Albert Einstein

“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
-Albert Einstein

“The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.”
-George Bernard Shaw

“The beginning is the most important part of the work.”
– Plato

“Genius is a talent. It cannot be taught, neither learnt.”
– Immanuel Kant

“The scariest moment is always just before you start.”
– Stephen King

“Have more than you show, speak less than you know.”
– William Shakespeare

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on Earth.”
– Fyodor Dostoevsky

“There are no facts, only interpretations.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field. - Neils Bohr

Perfect security is a good idea only to those for whom freedom is worth nothing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I find that people, particularly INTx, like Nietzsche only up to a certain age.

I think once I hit 25 years old, I began to think he was full of shit.

Not completely anecdotal, but fellow philosophy majors/connoisseurs seems to agree.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
“He who thinks great thoughts, often makes great errors” – Martin Heidegger

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
― George Bernard Shaw

“The amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor and moral courage it contained. That so few now dare to be eccentric marks the chief danger of the time.”
― John Stuart Mill

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

"We are all in the same game just different levels. Dealing with the same HELL just different devils." @Remiel

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
"It ain't a selfie of me if my titty ain't in it" - Wolzo de terd

"Talk shit get hit" - Alexander Hamilton

There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits."-Karl Marx

"Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire." - Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld

1 - 7 of 7 Posts