Personality Cafe banner

9's Only: Which type(s) have you been in romantic relationship(s) with? For how long?

• Type 1 - Less than 6 months

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Type 1 - More than 6 months

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Type 2 - Less than 6 months

• Type 2 - More than 6 months

• Type 3 - Less than 6 months

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Type 3 - More than 6 months

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Type 4 - Less than 6 months

• Type 4 - More than 6 months

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Type 5 - Less than 6 months

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Type 5 - More than 6 months

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Type 6 - Less than 6 months

• Type 6 - More than 6 months

• Type 7 - Less than 6 months

• Type 7 - More than 6 months

• Type 8 - Less than 6 months

• Type 8 - More than 6 months

• Type 9 - Less than 6 months

• Type 9 - More than 6 months

• I have never been in a romantic relationship

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I'm not a 9, but show me the results

Votes: 5 8.5%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being the Sx dominant I am, I'm curious to the practical application of enneagram to relationships :)
I won't go into specific details as to what qualifies as a romantic relationship, but you should have a general idea of what I mean.

Thank you for future votes! :)

Reactions: MBTI Enthusiast

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
9w1, been in a (barely) 4 month relationship with a 5w6.

Currently in the 3rd month of a relationship with a 4w5, and it is going much better than the 5w6 relationship at the same point. Hopefully it goes much, much, much longer than 6 months. ;)

And in between those two relationships was almost four years of being single.

Reactions: senotspets

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just barely dated an enneagram 3.

Right now, I'm struntin' down the singles' isle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@The King Of Dreams, @luemb

I added the option "I have never been in a relationship" to see if 9's had high standards for relationship partners; I certainly did not mean to single anyone out and I apologize if I made it seem that way :unsure:

Reactions: The King Of Dreams

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts

I added the option "I have never been in a relationship" to see if 9's had high standards for relationship partners; I certainly did not mean to single anyone out and I apologize if I made it seem that way :unsure:
Oh no, that's not what I meant! I was just answering your question but I felt a little sad. But it wasn't because of you, by no means. Your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Interesting results so far, very interested to see where the poll goes after more votes.

Never been in a relationship :sad:
I came here to say this too. :p
And I as well, we are many! :p

Interesting, if you don't mind me responding, I do certainly have high standards for relationships, which I think is part of the reason I've not been in one, but I think the biggest reason is the difficulty with taking action. You can't really start a relationship if you're not willing to take action and try hard to start things off with someone, and this plus my ability to be indecisive about things is I think the main reason I've not had one. Though I've gotten much better at it, but I do think a big reason 9s wouldn't have one for a while is their difficulty taking action with someone and really starting things off. The first step is always the biggest as they say, which means it's the hardest to take.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I should add that non-9's can vote as well. Just select your own enneagram type and how long your relationship lasted with a 9 in the poll above :) It works the exact same way

Reactions: Dewymorning

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh no, that's not what I meant! I was just answering your question but I felt a little sad. But it wasn't because of you, by no means. Your thoughtfulness is appreciated.
Thank you for a such a heart-warming response! :)

Interesting, if you don't mind me responding, I do certainly have high standards for relationships, which I think is part of the reason I've not been in one, but I think the biggest reason is the difficulty with taking action. You can't really start a relationship if you're not willing to take action and try hard to start things off with someone, and this plus my ability to be indecisive about things is I think the main reason I've not had one. Though I've gotten much better at it, but I do think a big reason 9s wouldn't have one for a while is their difficulty taking action with someone and really starting things off. The first step is always the biggest as they say, which means it's the hardest to take.
Of course I don't mind haha!

I'm a Sx dominant and I always feel a constant need for a relationship... It's as if I'm not complete if I didn't have a romantic partner. Right now I'm trying hard to stay single as well, recognizing that this need is unhealthy :)

That's very true about 9's! I didn't think about that option with inaction being responsible for such a reason. The need for action is pretty important in a relationship, especially for males considering how it requires them to make the first move. Thank you for planting new ideas in my head :)

Reactions: Johnny AppleShy

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Lol I'm not sad about it. I'm just waiting for the right person, is all. I don't like the conflict that ensues from even friendships going awry and I don't really want a serious relationship to fall apart, that would hurt a lot.

·
Registered
284 Posts
INFP 9w1 currently in an 8 month relationship with an INFJ 9w1 - oh narcissism :tongue:
Only other relationship was about 3/4 months with an ENTP 7w6.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have been married 18 years and together a total of 20 years with husband and I'm betting all the moolah I got, that I married another 9. An ISFJ 9, if that is possible.
It's definitely possible... I was with an ISFJ 9w1 for 2 years. I think they may be more common than we might think.

·
Registered
710 Posts
9w1 INFJ here....been with my 6w7 ISFJ for 2yrs 7 months

I'm not saying this match is any more ideal than another.
I believe I chose a difficult path.
but ...when you love someone...

·
Registered
119 Posts
8, 1, probable 5, 3.

But I forgot to vote for the type 1 :tongue: Plus I have another whose type is a mystery to me.

There are challenges with all, but I fight with myself way more (and more violently) than with anyone else.

My relationships are very long-term.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts