Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

I have taken this test several times and gotten a different result (ISFJ the first time I took it, INFJ later in a calmer state of mind, and INTJ when I tried to repeat my results as an ISFJ and maybe even try to get INTP) every time depending on my mood. It always says I use a lot of Ni and Si and not much of anything else. The only extroverted function it shows a substantial amount of is Se because I am aware of the world, but I do not care to interact with it because everything about it terrifies me. Also, all of the thinking and feeling functions are usually low because past experiences have caused me to lose almost all interest in learning and socializing. Of the thinking and feeling functions, the highest one I got the last time I took the test was Ti, with the other three being extremely low. I would like to think that I'm an INTP becaue it makes the most sense, but my results seem to point more towards ISTP, but I've just never heard of an ISTP being as imaginative or lazy as I am. Can you help me find my type?

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
30 views and no replies. Well, then. I guess I'm an INTP but my Ti is so unrealistic that the test is interpreting it as Ni. It also says I have a really low Ne (the only things lower are Fe and possibly Te), but that could be because I'm autistic.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. And by the way, that was sarcasm because nobody posted anything here. Anyways, I think I'm an INTP but my functions go in this order.

1. Si: My most dominant and oppressive function. It retains all of my painful memories from the time when I was in grade school and it was still mapping out the world, and it uses those memories to infer that the world is a terrible place full of cruel heartless xxxJs and that I should not associate with it.

2. Ti: Functional, yet dysfunctional. Instead of working like a proper Ti, it mimics Ni and Fi. Because my Si has taken over and trained my Ti to despise the system, my Ti has no interest in academic knowledge. Instead, it is interested in new age pseudo-science, but it always ends up systematizing it to the point where it loses its mystical feel. When attempting to learn actual science such as physics, my it will sometimes anthropomorphize and romanticize scientific concepts in an attempt to make them less boring.

3. Ne: This function has been traumatized into submission, making me very flaky and delusional with a poor sense of reality. But when it is forced out out, it comes out with a vengeance. This is the function that makes me refuse to do anything that I am told because I am always sure that I have a better way of doing things. It ends up getting me into a lot of arguments with authority.

4. Fe: This function did not develop properly. My Si is always reminding my Fe of how people have treated me in the past, so rather than loving everybody like an healthy Fe, my Fe makes me hate everybody. It also makes me cry a lot every day. In fact, I am crying right now just by thinking about it. However, my feelings are practically only for myself and I almost never cry for anyone else.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hi!

You're probably not getting replies because there's not much to go on. Abstractions are great, but I have no idea what you mean when you say that your Ti looks like Ni. Why don't you take one of the questionnaires (I suggest Entropic's or Jinsei's) stickied at the top of this forum so we have some answers to base our opinions on.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Thank you for your help. And by the way, that was sarcasm because nobody posted anything here. Anyways, I think I'm an INTP but my functions go in this order.
Were you expecting psychics? You didn't fill out a questionnaire...

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh. I've already pretty much decided I'm an INTP anyways. I might do a questionnaire later, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts