Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has an extraordinary knack for prediction via dreams, and she continually dreams of me leaving her, it makes my heart ache for her, she feels like everything is falling down around her, and that she'll lose me, I don't know what to say or do, she has no time to spend with me and she feels that she's not trying hard enough!

I don't know what to do or say, my words come out wrong, my actions misread, I can't touch her without hurting her (her body aches to the extent of eternal agony) and I just want to let her know that whatever happens, I'll be there by her side, I'll always be there for her!

Reactions: fire469

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm sorry. That's a horrible situation for everyone involved. Without knowing either of you well, I can't give specific advice. What I can say is keep being understanding, loving, and reaffirming.

Giving too much power to our intuition can cause great strife. It's important for us to acknowledge it, but know that it is still possible for things to be different. Use the intuition to buffer our resolve, but be mindful of the possibilities. Even if someone can predict the future they will only cause themselves and those around them pain, by having complete faith in it.

Dreams aren't usually what they seem. Perhaps her fear of losing you is now fueling her dreams of losing you. I'm not saying tell her that. I don't know if she is a reasonable person. But hang in there if you really care and help her pass through this. Maybe even come to a new realization about the nature of dreams.

·
Registered
56 Posts
... dont know if this will help at all but i have dreams (nightmares) about my boyfriend leaving me- threw all sorts of ways- death, break ups, ufo's and so on.
i have never toled him but it kills me inside whaving these dreams, but i think its a complement..... for someone to dream of loosing someone (and be hert by it) says that she cant stand loosing you.... her dremas are almost a way to prep herself ... like how you cope with death (someone is ill and will die- you dream of their death (it herts) soon it will realy happen and its alitle easyer)

hope i have made some scence :s

·
Registered
56 Posts
sorry more info :she has no time to spend with me and she feels that she's not trying hard enough <--- this can also be a way for her to make the pain of loosing you lesser

she dosnt want to attach herself to much because she believes she will loose you... realy its down to YOU to make her understand that you will never lleave her (if you can believe that yourself how can she

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Dreams are dreams, they are fun, boring, interesting, loving, scary, and non-understandable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've had dreams that my boyfriend would leave me. In my dream, it turned out that our whole relationship was a fake and he only asked me out on a dare... :( It made me really sad, but also made me realize how much I value and love him. After I thought it over and told him about it I almost felt closer to him haha... I guess what I'm saying is to talk to her and tell her how much you love her and tell her that you never want to leave her. Tell her nothings her fault. Make sure she knows how much you care.

·
Registered
688 Posts
My girlfriend has dreamed the same thing about me. You need to get closer to her. Love her more. Leave a note for her some where she will see it when your not there. Or slip it into her purse. Pursue her again when she is around. It sounds like she is insecure and projecting that on to you. She seems to feel guilty that she is not around and that you may bail on her for some attention else where.

People have to either be seen or be reassured that you are going to be there. Leaving her notes will do wonders. Send her texts too. And most of all ask her what it is she needs and wants to feel secure. It's always better to ask the person who actually has the problem what the problem is and how you can fix it. That way your not wasting your time going in the wrong direction. But trust me notes really work. Hand written is best. Hang in there. If you can get her to communicate her feelings it will get easier for the both of you. Best wishes!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sometimes I find dreams and reality blur together. In a dream (as the film Inception puts it quite beautifully) a face full of glass hurts just as much as it would in real life. Also it's only when we wake up that we actually realise that anything was strange at all.

The problem she's having is underdeveloped Se. To the point she's too immersed in her Ni that she's "asleep", blind to what's actually in front of her. With any luck you should be able to make her realise the pain she feels isn't real; and all it is, is her subconscious trying to warn her that you mean danger. If one is convinced something will cause harm, it usually already does. A bit like thinking "every time I have cheese, I get a headache" - it'll happen. If her Ni continues to tell her that you're going to break up... well, 2+2.

Usually at this point an INFJ needs to drown in Se to wake up. A psychological "slap" to awaken from a vicious cycle. I'm not suggesting you beat her obviously.

The scenario I've painted in my mind which is just for you, is to hold her hand - and tell her to look at it. Look at what's happening. Observe your unity in the physical world. Remind her of where you are. With her.

That's the best I can do. :L
edit: Hey you're the one who helped me before. How 'bout that. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts